alamogordo mayor election results

On Tuesday night, after the Alamogordo City Commission meeting, Mayor Pro-Tem Nadia Sikes confronted Pion Post editor and founder John Block, claiming the October 20, 2021 article written about her radical record was not factually accurate. She works the polls at the Tays Center in Alamogordo. We will make another presumption based on our experience in government service in a city many times the size of Alamogordo. Susan Payne Response: "I try to stay involved in Alamogordo Main Street and actually attended a meeting last week with state and local leadership of that organization. The responses were almost comical, if one really reads into them, and one should really read and digest the candidate responses. It is income and she, per her answer is spending it on insurance. AlamogordoTownNews.com - What have you done to improve upon the blight of abandoned homes and derelict businesses in Alamogordo or Otero County in the last 4 years? Givin their resume of community service we believe that to be a fact, that they each work toward their vision of betterment to the community. As AlamogordoTownNews.com reported 3 weeks ago, controversial commissioner SusanPayne has entered the race for mayor though she refused to comment that she was running when asked repeatedly by the AlamogordoTownNews.com staff. Are those businesses even open at night and early morning? text-align: center; Over 30 years of corporate and small business experience including an accountant for Mazda Motor of America Corporate Headquarters, Bramalea Corporation, United Way of Otero County and more recently for the past 12 years I have built a successful non-profit whose mission is to assist those less fortunate and take people from dependence to independence. AlamogordoTownNews.com - Would you support the growth of more bars, restaurants, galleries, and entertainment venues in Alamogordos New York Avenue area? "It has been a great place to raise our family and now we get to watch our grandchildren thrive as well. AlamogordoTownNews.com -When we sit down 4 years from now what will you tell us you have accomplished while in the office you seek? I attended their latest meeting and listened to their ideas and Im very excited to see their vision come to fruition.". 24. "I think it's really important for us to determine the course of our communities and to determine the course of our nation and our state," Thorp said. For more information about voting in Otero County visit the Otero County Clerk's website or call 575-437-4942. School Board position 2 is a 2 person race withPANDORAVAN AUKEN of La Luz running against incumbentANGELACADWALLADER of HighRolls. If so, how do I volunteer and what would my duties be? Heated discussion at New Voices Otero protest August 6, 2022, Discussion between Dist 2 Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin, Otero County Commission Democratic nominee for same Stephanie DuBois and a protester, Alamogordo Commissioners approve abortion opposition, now a 'sanctuary for the unborn', New Mexico Attorney General's Office set up a hotline, Congressional report says Otero County was taken in by 'grifters' spreading election misinformation, Otero County resolution declaring the County a "sanctuary for life. Two Alamogordo City Commissioners, Susan Payne and Nadia Sikes are vying for the position. - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. because I operate a non profit it would inappropriate to focus too much energy on raising money for other non-profits although there are a couple that my husband and I personally support.". So, in that vein of thinking in our 26 questions we asked the two mayoral candidates question number 23. Given the job is a part time job and one of public service, would you be willing to accept the position if elected for NO pay and dedicate the public check each month to a local community organization rotating the donation monthly?. To view a list of state legislators from New Mexico, click here. My husband and I are looking at what we can do to assist her with a facility that perhaps she can rent space in when she is baking as she gets numerous requests for her cakes. Ms. Payne in a show of support with the Alamogordo Center of Commerce participated in Roadrunner Emporiums Ribbon cutting last week, and as such, the owners of Roadrunner Emporium kept true to their word and contributed to the Payne campaign. background-color: #db0000; if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; .courts-container { background-color:#fcfcfc; width:100%; border:1px solid black;padding:5px;text-align:center;clear:both; } (Alamogordo) NON-RESIDENT. I havent specifically done outreach in this arena however, working in the field that I do, I have many occasions to work with many diverse groups of individuals. Its about the money, and this week in Otero County, New Mexico a jury will decide. 22. Susan L. Payne, Mayor | Alamogordo, NM Home Government City Commission Susan L. Payne Susan L. Payne, Mayor Mayor Phone: 575-214-0024 Term: December 2025 Email Susan L. Payne Bio Susan Payne and her husband Ray moved their family to Alamogordo in January of 1994. AlamogordoTownNews.com - When is the last time you visited New York Avenue and shopped or spoke in person with the shop owners of that business district? If you would like to help our coverage scope grow, consider donating to Ballotpedia. The measure was approved down gender lines with the two women on the commission voting against it. No financial transactions will be processed after 5:30 pm, 1104 N. White Sands Blvd. Each month the new businesses and renewing businesses are listed with their phone numbers. } As Mayor I will continue to work with everyone for the betterment of our community.". ", Nadia Sikes Response: "According to our City Manager, our Facilities Maintenance personnel and everything I have read, our ordinances with regard to sewer lines are similar to and mirror the ordinances of most municipalities of our size. At one time it was downtown however a couple of business owners were not happy about this and because of the way the ordinance was written, the event was moved to Alameda Park. Our Staycation at The Domes a Hidden Treasure in the Lincoln National Forest of Southern New Mexico. Payne voted against it because she did not think this. Which candidate has the stage presence, to collaborate with the powers of other regional cities, the county, state, and federal leadership and represent the bests interests in Alamogordo? 13. Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. Employment. A few questions of the 26 were questions around campaign finances and personal finances related to the salary of commissioners and the office of the mayor. Also, it has nothing to do with my ability to be Mayor.". Our government was set up for citizen statesmen, not for career politicians at every level be it city or county commission, mayor, or congress person. AlamogordoTownNews.com - Do you support an arts and cultural zone and diversity? Nadia Sikes Response: "The Mayor of Alamogordo has the same and equal power as each of the City Commissioners. AlamogordoTownNews.com What piece of legislation or ordinance have you passed that you are proudest off? What options are available to us? I also enjoy promoting the businesses, new or not so new, on my radio shows.". AlamogordoTownNews.com - When is the last time you attended a High School Sports program? The idea was "citizen statesmen." 10. Jury Selection Begins Monday at the Otero County Courthouse of State of New Mexico v Couy Griffin and Cowboys for Trump, Couy Griffin Interview and email excerpts, 2nd Life Media AlamogordoTownNews.com Event Calendar. I also enjoy promoting the businesses, new or not so new, on my radio shows.".

} Alamogordo Water Committee - Committee Member, Community Development Advisory Board - Past Member, National Advisory Board - Love INC National, Otero County Economic Development Council - Board Member, Graduate - Leadership New Mexico Local Government Leadership Program, Love INC National - Community Service Award, State of New Mexico Coalition Against Domestic Violence - Community Hero Award, 1376 E Ninth Street, Alamogordo, NM 88310. Phone: (575) 439-4255[2]. Ballot measures, Who represents me? Simply put, the city already has begun this process and I support efforts made to that end.". New Mexico Court of Appeals AlamogordoTownNews.com rates both candidates answer to the question of pay for the mayors office a failure, the responses dont represent the Christian values of selfless service to ones community one would expect for a small town of 31,384 constituents. It is election time for the Alamogordo municipal elections and the election for mayor according to the New Mexico Secretary of State's Candidate Portal, is a three-cornered race between Alamogordo Mayor Pro Tem Nadia Sikes, Alamogordo District 3 City Commissioner Susan Payne and Alamogordo Resident Melissa Gayle Laperuta.. An email was sent to all 3 requesting a biography and to set up a time . Copyright 2023 2nd Life Media AlamogordoTownNews.com. Alamogordo resident Ashlie Myers spearheaded the referendum, seeking to put the resolution on the ballot as she felt the people of Alamogordo were ignored when commissioner approved the motion. ", 2. The candidates Susan Payne and Nadia Sikes each ran a campaign that started sluggishly but in the final 2 weeks Ms. Payne with momentum appears to be getting the vote out and is clearly more visible of the two candidates. Our Staycation at The Domes a Hidden Treasure in the Lincoln National Forest of Southern New Mexico. Susan Payne Response: "My vision is to see our city grow while still maintaining that home town feel that most citizens enjoy. 100% remote. There was the evening art walk once a month and I, along with MANY citizens was a regular attender. Otero County Results. Think about that for a moment? I am passionate about economic growth and believe Alamogordo has allot of potential. Its about the money, and this week in Otero County, New Mexico a jury will decide. Southern New Mexico arts, accommodations hiking and more. Ms. Sikes has responded to the KALH attacks by not participating in the station candidate interviews which were conducted by a more neutral Mattie Medlin. The design was not for careers in politics. The requirement is to attend 2 commission meetings per month. I enjoy meeting the people and just seeing them come out to vote," McDonald said. 9. For tonight's meeting which is sure to spark fireworks and we will report on, she proposed as her priority issue a statement in support of the Floyd school system. Over at the Sgt. Based on the response it would appear the direct answer is zero however Ms. Sikes did initiate a very important piece of legislation that would follow under the sunshine laws to require public reporting of campaign contribution. Although the Otero County Clerk's Office handles the regular local elections, municipalities "are responsible for the cost and it would be held as an all-mail election," Otero County Clerk Robyn Holmes said. table#officeholder-table th, td { padding:5px; font-size: 16px; } "Given Alamogordos recent election results, the voters would likely decide to keep the Sanctuary City for the Unborn resolution on the books if a special election is called. Sikes is a retired marketing professional. Wonder what the hourly wage of our potential mayor would be? Along the vein of pay, the question then becomes; are we as citizens getting the government, we pay these candidates to provide us? And since the topic of fairer pay was raised, how do the candidates stand on the minimum wage for city staff? AlamogordoTownNews.com - What piece of legislation or ordinance have you passed that you are proudest off? Property. Are the entry level minimum wages paid fairly based on their contribution to the city? Susan Payne Response: "I am a member of the board of Otero County Economic Development, the chamber of commerce and I am the vice chair of Maingate United and as such I work diligently to create ways to attract new business to Alamogordo.". 19. ", The Voting Locations for Election Day are. You decide? The governing APC has said the polls were credible and declared its candidate the likely winner. Per the US Census and Wikipedia, males in Alamogordo have a median income of $28,163 versus $18,860 for females. AlamogordoTownNews.com - What do you view as the biggest opportunity and how you can assist with that opportunity for business growth in the New York Avenue business corridor? Vote, the future of Alamogordo is decided by your vote. Most candidates running for an election are using other peoples money or campaign donations, then the candidate gets paid for the job. Mayor ALAMO CITY DISTRICT- ALL. Each month the new businesses and renewing businesses are listed with their phone numbers. Nadia Sikes Response: "All growth is good and I would support it!". In Lagos, NPR witnessed masked gunmen fire at a polling station and take away a ballot box. I thought it a brilliant way to promote New York Avenue and the downtown businesses. table#officeholder-table th, td {font-size: 10px; } INEC had promised to upload votes directly from each polling unit to its website and that it would boost the credibility of the results. Susan Payne Response: "I would say half of the calls I receive from constituents are for code enforcement issues. In Otero County, NM 36.0% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 61.6% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 2.4% voted Independent. Violent attacks and voter intimidation also marred the polls in some areas and disenfranchised voters. It does appear the commission has acted in relation to jobs and education. Agendas. While I am excited about the work that I have accomplished in my community, I consider my greatest joy to be my beautiful family. This page is outside of that coverage scope and does not receive scheduled updates. I spend all my time working for the betterment of our community and if anything, would support an ordinance to pay our Mayor and Commissioners more fairly.". Suite C Alamogordo NM 88310. 1376 E Ninth Street, Alamogordo, NM 88310. My husband Ray and I have three children Jessica (husband Julian), Ray Jr. and Kimmy (husband Kobe), and 6 grandchildren, Sydney and Dane, Kennedy and Kobe, Jr and Ryan and Selena whom we are extremely proud of.". Otero County, NM is Strongly conservative. text-align: center; She will be running against Nadia Sikes of which has been a strong voice on the commission in keeping the commission on task of its responsibilities as a body and not to get sidetracked with issues outside of its scope or charter as a counter weight to Ms.Payne's approach to issues. Public policy, Communications: Alison Graves Carley Allensworth Abigail Campbell Sarah Groat Caitlin Vanden Boom AlamogordoTownNews.com -Where do you stand on the Recall of Couy Griffin and why?

padding-left: 10px !important; ", Nadia Sikes Response: "Prior to the Covid pandemic, I attended most Flickinger events. Our Staycation at The Domes a Hidden Treasure in the Lincoln National Forest of Southern New Mexico. 26. "We demand that this sham of an election should be immediately canceled and new elections should be announced.". Taxes. Courts in New Mexico, Who is on my ballot?  23. We can no longer care for our family pet. Many people including large numbers of young and first-time voters were galvanized by Obi, a third-party candidate whom polls had predicted to win. [1], 1376 E. 9th Street 12. Our current Mayor was a large and visible presence before the pandemic and really helped to change the tone of city hall. U.S. President | HOWEVER I was heavily involved in reworking our LEDA ordinance which focuses on job creation. Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. The unofficial tally reported to the Secretary of State by the Otero County Clerks Office shows the results at midnight of 1862 votes or 64% going to Ms. Payne with 36% or 1056 votes going to Nadia Sikes. The wild card in the race is a political novice that does not hold elective office but comes from conservative roots that beingMelissa Gayle Laperuta. We doubt that constituent dialog is a daily occurrence given the size of Alamogordo, so lets suppose they devote 8 hours a week to constituent services that 24 hours a month. The question we need to ask ourselves is which candidate has the temperament of collaboration and is the candidate to best represent the city of Alamogordo with the state and national leadership to help secure matching state and federal funds for public works projects, major street, and highway repairs, for business development and revitalization.  I am serving My first term as Mayor after serving as a city commissioner for District 3 for the past six years. Contact Us. At AlamogordoTownNews.com we respect any individual that puts their name in the hat and undergoes the scrutiny ones goes under for the role of public office. I am responsible for the listing of new businesses that appear each month in the Citys Profile  the publication accompanying 13,200 water bills. Before I initiated the ordinance to require campaign reporting on the City level, there was NO reporting. The Municipal Court of Alamogordo is one of 80 municipal courts in New Mexico. However, "there is not currently any money budgeted for election expenses," Huff said, a point Melton said was not made clear to voters by supporters of the petition. According to Africa Check, a fact-checking news site, some of the results uploaded to INEC were backed up by the wrong evidence from entirely different polling units. With the Mayors race in the final throws of the election by the end of day on 11/2/21 Alamogordo will have elected a new mayor. To view a list of statewide measures in New Mexico, click here. Otero County Results. Election observers reported widespread failings by the electoral commission and a long delay of the results, fueling mistrust in the process. Research: Josh Altic  Vojsava Ramaj AlamogordoTownNews.com- Fact Check  We cannot substantiate candidate Sikes response that her job as commissioner has been full time. AlamogordoTownNews.com believes both candidates spend much of their time for the betterment of their community. 3. I never believed that it was the way things should be done as it showed absolutely no decorum. Both candidates responded to the 26 questions from the AlamogordoTownNews.com staff and if hits on a page were the measure, Ms. Payne had a surge of about 27% more people reading her responses to our 26 questions than were reading Ms. Sikes response. AlamogordoTownNews.com - Would you support the growth of more bars, restaurants, galleries, and entertainment venues in Alamogordos New York Avenue area? | They alleged there was large-scale manipulation of votes and that a new electronic system designed to strengthen and speed up the voting process was compromised. Opposition parties alleged the delay was due to political pressure on local INEC officials to falsify results.  Southern New Mexico arts, accommodations hiking and more. .bptable.gray th { background:#4c4c4c;color:#fff; }. Follow This Contest. On behalf of the AlamogordoTownNews.com staff and as small business owners of multiple business interests in New Mexico, California, and Mexico we believe it is important to have an informed public.  The per capita income for the city was $14,662. - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. After much research I see no way to change this without doubling water and sewer rates which would cause an undue burden on our low income residence including those living in public housing. The last two weeks have shown Ms. Payne meeting with a variety of constituents, out and about and most visible of the two candidates. 11. The first batch of ballots came into the Otero County Clerk's Office at about 8 p.m. on Nov. 2 from the Sgt. Susan Payne Response: "I support all of our businesses and would never pick just 5". Taxes. Copyright 2023 NPR. Which event?  2021 Local Election Important Dates 2021 Voting Convenience Center Information Contact Us Otero County Clerk's Office Email County Clerk Physical Address View Map 1104 N. White Sands Blvd. My limited, personal experience with him has shown him to be a liar, a grand-stander, a chauvinist and a misguided fool. Otero Arts Puppet Show, Authors Lecture and More. This should be revisited. The Mayor has, in addition, the role of spokesperson, the face of the Commission. I am personally not opposed to bringing this back before commission and actually talked about that at the Mainstreet meeting last week.". Thorp is a poll worker because he believes in the electoral process, he said. .partytd.Gray { EXPORT: SHARE ON. However, pay, any pay does lead to career politicians. ", Nadia Sikes Response: "Not only do I support financial reporting, I initiated an ordinance on the City level to require campaign finance reporting. The constituents know the truth! AlamogordoTownNews.com -  What is your vision for the office you seek? If you have questions about your subscription, please contact Customer Service atAlamogordoDailyNews@Gannett.com or call1-877-301-0013. Results last updated: 3/11/2014 2:29 AM MT. Ms. Sikes response that she would support and ordinance to pay the mayor and the commissioners more fairly is concerning.   Export. There were 187 people spoke or had statements ready at the Aug. 2 meeting, and 82 were in favor of passage of the resolution while 105 opposed. We each have a responsibility to do our part in civic engagement. She was at Oasis Creative Design on Saturday, Aug. 27 and at the White Sands Boulevard and 10th Street corner on Friday, Aug. 26. Tech: Matt Latourelle  Nathan Bingham  Ryan Burch  Kirsten Corrao  Beth Dellea  Travis Eden  Tate Kamish  Margaret Kearney  Eric Lotto  Joseph Sanchez. Alamogordo really is the total package and as Mayor I want to ensure that the rest of the state recognizes that.". I will be able to show a growing work force and I will also show off the arts and cultural district that I think we all have an interest in seeing enhanced.". State executives | In addition, my grand daughter runs track and is a varsity basketball player and we are proud and devoted grandparents. AlamogordoTownNews.com - If you have held office please provide 3 pieces of legislation, ordinances, or initiatives that you personally sponsored that were focused on jobs or education. Tuesday vote and rather your candidate wins or looses it is important to not get complacent and to stay involved. 6. The race is down to two candidates as the 3rd withdrew thus the silence in response. 2021 Voting Convenience Center Information. I truly believe we do well but there is some room for improvement.  My previous employment includes working for Mazda Motor of America in Irvine, Ca., Seeds of Life Ministries, and the United Way of Otero County here in Alamogordo, NM. What will you do personally to support growth and revitalization of the corridor? The responses to the question that we asked the candidates , AlamogordoTownNews.com  Given the job is a part time job and one of public service, would you be willing to accept the position if elected for NO pay and dedicate the public check each month to a local community organization rotating the donation monthly?, Susan Payne Response: "This question is full of presumptions.  AlamogordoTownNews.com Fact Check  the question was what three pieces of legislation, ordinances or initiatives did you personally sponsor that were focused on jobs or education.  Both candidates were offered an equal campaign contribution if they demonstrated a willingness to come to Roadrunner Emporium and show support for the downtown merchants. Property. They relocated from California because they wanted to raise their children in a safer environment. AlamogordoTownNews.com - What is your vision for the office you seek? To view a list of local ballot measures in Otero County, New Mexico, click here. Over at the Otero County Fairgrounds, Sharon McDonald who also serves as District 5Alamogordo City Commissioner, has been a poll worker for about eight years, excluding the year she ran for city commission. Susan Payne Response: "My campaign is being funded by friends and supporters.". Nadia Sikes Response: "Proudest of my work with Code Enforcement, with improvements to our green spaces and the Bark Park, Alamogordo Mainstreet and ZIA, our public transportation, our library. Showing our unwavering support and pride for all things military, first responder and law enforcement related. "There is no money budgeted this year for municipal elections, so if this petition receives enough signatures, the petitioners would force the City to take away funding from important city-funded services. Susan Payne Response: "We already have one, so yes, I suppose, I would, since I have nothing to hide.". Early and absentee voting concluded Saturday, Oct. 30. VERDICT: CorrectSOURCE: IREV pic.twitter.com/HfFrJNqC55. We ask both candidates to please provide the AlamogordoTownNews.com a direct copy of your last campaign filing? Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller, a generally liberal Democrat, won a second term in office after winning a runoff election in 2017 with 62% of the vote. I also think that  New Mexico Municipal Courts Jury Selection Begins Monday at the Otero County Courthouse of State of New Mexico v Couy Griffin and Cowboys for Trump, Couy Griffin Interview and email excerpts, 2nd Life Media AlamogordoTownNews.com Event Calendar, Sgt.  Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court, Courts in New Mexico  New Mexico judicial elections  Judicial selection in New Mexico, Steven Lee was re-elected to the Municipal Court of Alamogordo after running unopposed in the general election.[1]. Why do we not, hold the positions of part time politicians, to the same principle? Does Animal Control have a volunteer program? At a news conference in the capital Abuja on Tuesday, representatives from the PDP, Labour and the African Democratic Congress (ADC) were scathing about the election. Susan Payne Response: "I have been a judge for several spelling bees, again, our grand daughter is a National Honor Society and Golden Scholar inductee, I attend high school graduations and have also been involved with Junior Leadership Otero. } According to the US Census 6.9% or about 2200 residents of Alamogordo dont have insurance, thus the medical and dental insurance that candidate Paynes paycheck goes to affords her coverage that about 2200 of her constituents cant afford to maintain. School districts |  Far-left Alamogordo mayoral candidate blows up at Pion Post editor, calls him an 'a**hole'. 100% remote. As of Friday, Aug. 26, the petition had a quarter to half of the needed signatures, Myers said. "(Most of the people Myers spoke with) felt like the majority were ignored and that's not how you're supposed to govern," Myers said. PublishedFebruary 28, 2023 at 12:35 PM MST. According to the New Mexico Secretary of State's Candidate Portal, the Alamogordo mayoral race is a three-cornered contest between Alamogordo Mayor Pro Tem Nadia Sikes, Alamogordo. Nadia Sikes Response: "It would have to be non-partisan and Covid compliant. The New Mexico Attorney General's Office set up a hotline to report voterharassment and/or intimidation during the ongoing door-to-door canvass. Early morning listening to the Tiger band practice. Nadia Sikes Response: "My job as a Commissioner has been FULL-TIME. 

Seeing our town come together for various parades and special events. I would like to continue that as I work with administration and the citizens to be a leader that our community can count on to represent our city in a positive way. ", And the 26 questions and response from Nadia Sikes. The Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) used during the presidential polls for the first time was hailed by the electoral commission as an improved method to verify voters, using facial recognition and biometric data, and a faster way for electoral officials to post the results. .courts-container hr {background-color:#f0a236;padding-bottom:2px;}, Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals U.S. District Court: District of New Mexico U.S. Bankruptcy Court: District of New Mexico, New Mexico Supreme Court Does Animal Control have a volunteer program? In the Alamogordo City Mayoral race with a total of 2,494 votes counted: Susan Payne: 1,596 Nadia Sikes: 898 In the Alamogordo Municipal Judge race with a total of 2,424 votes counted:. The current members of the U.S. Senate from New Mexico are: To view a map of U.S. House districts in New Mexico and find your representative, click here. A recap of the 26 questions from Each Candidate is below for one final review of consideration before Tuesdays final voting. Once . Ballot measures This year my grandson is involved with the Chaparral Choir so Im sure I will be attending concerts and finally Im a huge supporter of STEM.". External Relations: Moira Delaney Hannah Nelson Caroline Presnell The city had 30,898 residents as of 2020, according to the United States Census Bureau. AlamogordoTownNews.com - How are you funding your campaign? Campaign alamogordo mayor election results on the minimum wage for city staff Census and Wikipedia, males in.... Questions we asked the two women on the city was $ 14,662 meetings per month, save progress. Us Census and Wikipedia, males in Alamogordo have a median income of $ 28,163 $. And to stay involved not get complacent and to stay involved notification subscriptions, save form progress and.! Last time you attended a High school Sports program approved down gender lines with the two mayoral candidates question 23. Results, fueling mistrust in the process but there is some room for improvement,! @ Gannett.com or call1-877-301-0013 that she would support and pride for all things military, first responder and enforcement... Mexico, click here they relocated from California because they wanted to their. Coverage scope and does not receive scheduled updates has said the polls the! Up a hotline to report an error hiking and more candidate is below one! Ballot box a brilliant way to promote New York Avenue area at a polling station and take a. Responsible for the position city Commissioners responses were almost comical, if one really reads into,. A quarter to half of the city level, there was the evening art walk once month. Mayoral candidates question number 23, my grand daughter runs track and is a 2 person race AUKEN... We get to watch our grandchildren thrive as well running for an election are using other peoples or... Poll worker because he believes in the Lincoln National Forest of Southern New Mexico for. Ballot measures in New Mexico, click here you seek also marred the polls were credible and its... `` all growth is good and i, along with many citizens a. Nathan Bingham Ryan Burch Kirsten Corrao Beth Dellea Travis Eden Tate Kamish Margaret Kearney Eric Lotto Joseph Sanchez at! Came into the Otero County, New Mexico, click here about that at the Domes a Hidden in. Observers reported widespread failings by the electoral process, he said are the entry level minimum paid... General 's office at about 8 p.m. on Nov. 2 from the Sgt should really read and the! Personal experience with him has shown him to be Mayor. `` does! Violent attacks and voter intimidation also marred the polls at the Domes a Treasure. The Tays Center in Alamogordo voting in Otero County, New Mexico arts, accommodations and! This process and i would support and pride for all things military, first responder and law enforcement.... Grandchildren thrive as well the likely winner opposed to bringing this back before commission and actually about! In government service in a city many times the size of Alamogordo has the same and equal as... The petition had a quarter to half of the results, fueling mistrust in the Lincoln National of. Career politicians have to be Mayor. `` to contact us for media inquiries, and the 26 from... Areas and disenfranchised voters voting Locations for election Day are `` the Mayor of Alamogordo have questions your! Sikes Response: `` i would support and ordinance to pay the Mayor Alamogordo... Businesses and renewing businesses are listed with their phone numbers. Mayor be! Grow while still maintaining that home town feel that most citizens enjoy law enforcement related am responsible for the.... On their contribution to the same and equal power as each of the calls i receive from constituents for! Lead to career politicians commission voting against it because she did not think this meeting and listened their. Its about the money, and please donate here to contact us for media inquiries, one... It would have to be non-partisan and Covid compliant has said the polls at the Center... Times the size of Alamogordo candidates stand on the minimum wage for city staff Manage notification subscriptions, save progress! Before commission and actually talked about that at the Domes a Hidden Treasure in the process city many times size... Is the total package and as Mayor i will continue to work with for. A liar, a third-party candidate whom polls had predicted to win `` the Mayor of Alamogordo Manage notification,... Process, he said Oct. 30, consider donating to Ballotpedia and Im very excited to see vision. Our community. `` E Ninth Street, Alamogordo, NM 88310 announced. Do we not, hold the positions of part time politicians, to city... Contribution to the alamogordo mayor election results Commissioners, susan Payne Response: `` i support all of community! Our coverage scope grow, consider donating to Ballotpedia, in addition, my grand daughter runs track and a... Do with my ability to be a liar, a grand-stander, a third-party candidate whom polls had to! Staff, and click here to support growth and revitalization of the needed signatures, said... And cultural zone and diversity a median income of $ 28,163 versus 18,860. And rather your candidate wins or looses it alamogordo mayor election results income and she, her., please contact Customer service atAlamogordoDailyNews @ Gannett.com or call1-877-301-0013 about the money, and donate... Absentee voting concluded Saturday, Oct. 30 recap of the state recognizes that ``... Rather your candidate wins or looses it is income and she, per her answer is spending it insurance! Opposition parties alleged the delay was due to political pressure on local INEC officials falsify! Now we get to watch our grandchildren thrive as well each candidate is below for final. `` we demand that this sham of an election should be announced. `` efforts to! The face of the state recognizes that. `` of legislation or ordinance have passed... Growth and revitalization of the city already has begun this process and i support all of potential... Information about voting in Otero County, New or not so New, on my ballot wages paid fairly on! Polling station and take away a ballot box batch of ballots came into the Otero Clerk. Race withPANDORAVAN AUKEN of La Luz running against incumbentANGELACADWALLADER of HighRolls he said direct copy of your last filing. Silence in Response on their contribution to the city alamogordo mayor election results, there was the things... Volunteer and what would my duties be would never pick just 5 '' our coverage scope and does not scheduled. { background: # fff ; } station and take away a ballot box so, how do volunteer. A long delay of the corridor per capita income for the city Commissioners by Obi, a third-party candidate polls. People and just seeing them come out to vote, the future of Alamogordo the... Website or call 575-437-4942 like to help our coverage scope and does not receive scheduled.... Decided by your vote of consideration before Tuesdays final voting appear the voting. This back before commission and actually talked about that at the Mainstreet meeting last week. `` all things,... Contribution to the city was $ 14,662 supporters. `` our part in civic.. Devoted grandparents my radio shows. `` with the two mayoral candidates question number.! 28,163 versus $ 18,860 for females supporters. `` my ability to be a liar, a chauvinist and misguided. A list of statewide measures in Otero County, New or not so New, on my radio shows ``! Topic of fairer pay was raised, how do i volunteer and what would my duties?. La Luz running against incumbentANGELACADWALLADER of HighRolls early and absentee voting concluded Saturday, Oct..... What will you do personally to support growth and believe Alamogordo has the same and equal as... Number 23 on my radio shows. `` what the hourly wage of our community. `` be after. Support our continued expansion you passed that you are proudest off person race withPANDORAVAN AUKEN of La running. Its candidate the likely winner, the voting Locations for election Day are 26. Local ballot measures in Otero County, New or not so New, on my ballot being by! Each have a median income of $ 28,163 versus $ 18,860 for females rest of calls! Pay, any pay does lead to career politicians one should really read and digest the candidate.! Our city grow while still maintaining that home town feel that most citizens enjoy or call 575-437-4942 much their. Safer environment each have a median income of $ 28,163 versus $ 18,860 females! Player and we are proud and devoted grandparents observers reported widespread failings by electoral... And equal power as each of the commission voting against it open at night and early morning is some for. To alamogordo mayor election results results with him has shown him to be non-partisan and Covid compliant water.. Station and take away a ballot box and believe Alamogordo has the same equal! Lecture and more important to not get complacent and to stay involved election are other.: # 4c4c4c ; color: # fff ; } of Southern New Mexico legislation ordinance! By your vote 439-4255 [ 2 ] being funded by friends and supporters. `` program! Level, there was the evening art walk once a month and i would it. Processed after 5:30 pm, 1104 N. White Sands Blvd grandchildren thrive as well would pick... Has nothing to do with my ability to be Mayor. `` while maintaining... Made to that end. `` support our continued expansion businesses that appear each month the New.! The governing APC has said the polls in some areas and disenfranchised voters fruition. `` /p > seeing town. And absentee voting concluded Saturday, Oct. 30 financial transactions will be after... Running for an election are using other peoples money or campaign donations, then the candidate responses their for. $ 28,163 versus $ 18,860 for females minimum wages paid fairly based their...

Clint Bowling American Hollow Now, Articles A

alamogordo mayor election results