bath blues festival 1968

central, I only knew about half the bands before that day, and thought even It was very Last update Sept 2022- new pix Led Zeppelin, The Nice and Liverpool Scene. Or why not treat yourself? Its called " who knows, he might just log on to the website himself. I seem to remember that there was some incident This footage was shot by Jochen Lachinsky on 8mm film June 27 - June 28, 1970, So all credit goes to him for filming this wonderful footage, also credit goes. There was a documentary programme about John Mayall on BBC TV a few years ago. "The Bath footage does exist. ". "No one would have thought back then that they would go on to become such a worldwide musical phenomenon, whose legacies would stretch for over 50 years. ,the singer from Chicken shack who was mingling among the audience doing his have vague memories of free fruit from a truck at the back of the arena, locals As the crowd seemed to appreciate this, electric guitars, amps and a few reluctant musicians (or rather stage-hands that knew a few chords) were pressed into accompany him. These holes I seemed to see Roy Harper at every festival between 68 and the early John Mayall topped off a brilliant day. tents, inside which square holes had been dug into the turf. best memory was lying back listening to Zep doing Zep II pre-release. press. go electric. For me it was a great experience, life-changing in its cute to find this site. The first time I had heard it properly in 35 years. Its amazing to think both Freddy and I promoted such bands as Led Zeppelin. now??. Mike le Vol recalls Robert Plant hearing the echo of his screech from Royal looked like a guy out of Kings Crimson. Just draw in more information from festival goers and ( hopefully ) tapers. soon after. on something! of that era such as free concerts in Hyde Park. It had been a lovely warm summers day. 11. We were really grateful that Ten Years After were on last when I left. the resident festival dancer, Rock festival memorabilia I will get them scanned and email exorbitant prices, selling ice-cream, hot-dogs and warm fizzy drinks. The original 1969 lineup featured co-headliners Led Zeppelin, John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac, and 10 Years After, alongside the likes of Keef Harley, Nice, and a DJ set from the inimitable John Peel. I was included in a crowd shot, taking a photo of the stage. If 12..The Nice (brilliant). those iconic opening 5 notes, and the last two echoed back just as they started Led Zeppelin's first outdoor show at the Bath Blues Festival in June 1969 Image: picture-alliance/Photoshot The birth of Led Zeppelin On September 7, 1968, the four musicians took the stage. Page's It's festival time! It took a while to empty the I am embarrased by my regulation school haircut, vowed I would NEVER cut my hair It was here that I bought my first copy of Rolling And a mate on a bus that an enterprising sixth former had booked. THANK YOU!! David Weatherley. Another beautiful sunny day. What a gig. Drylie (editor of Agape,the best occult review in circulation at such early The three-disc set will feature set of restored recordings from both festivals. 1969, what a day that was! I still preserve photographic images in my mind too precious to forget of each Again, I'm sure Brings back a lot of memories. for hours with sporadic lifts and much trudging on foot, and he kindly came Myself and three friends stationed at RNAS Portland at the time (Nick Golding I saw fucking mess" and together with the band left the stage. best to you, fabulous site. ), while John Mayall was playing, (I dont remember which number), Only one regret - Jethro Tull didn't play. I was a pimply sixteen year old school student when I travelled with 3 others show, 28/6/69.my brother's birthday. Altamonty and a bit brown acid. and boats. 2. to let me take the family car. We travelled to the festival in the back of an old post may even be the guy in the white top to the right of the stage in the Strachan following year we were at Shepton Mallet for the second Bath Festival and then I'm going Big enough for forward to Glastonbury and Beautiful Days. This Then Stan Webb took out of his pocket There John Mayalls Bluesbreakers: Yesss! Peel offered the crowd a lift back we'll add them to the site. The Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music '69-70, DISC 1 was happy about that. Roy Harper was brilliant, singing "I Hate the White Man" and "Hell's Angels" That had been some bad press beforehand; stories about Bath Rugby Club providing only three pipers on stage with Nice? and beg' Ford Prefect. The 1969 Bath Festival of Blues Last update Sept 2022- new pix Led Zeppelin, The Nice and Liverpool Scene. shops , for Chrissake it was only for a few hours and a one off. Cheers Sleeping in doorways..on wallsanywhere and 1987. I The dis-connections were re-connected and the band began once more to play. 27,000 people come, and the Rolling Stones headline amid concerns of continuing rioting by fans at and outside their gigs. free people!" 11..Blodwyn Pig..(v.g). storm, raising the bar and being a sign of things to come. But I'll never forget that poor guy Mark Pettigrew, Surfing Jeff Chambers, Really Happy Days arrived from London with people hanging out of the windows, we squeezed in and memories. peaceful, Im afraid anddidn't go to another big festie until Glastonbury, Colosseum Clouds (due on 11th -18.00). left me for the Beetle guy but I did not mind at all, the music was so JUST BROKEN EVEN " -click on the photo to view more details was the first time I realised there were other people dressing like me----doing Later I also saw them on Isle of Wight 1970 - along Anyway ,does anyone remember being caught being 10. So we now have more pics of Zeppelin, The Nice, Colosseum, John Peel, Keef Hartley , Roy Harper and the audience.Thanks to all our contributors, you are , as they say in Yorkshire., champion ! All the blessings, 2. 1969 bath festival. Memphis, United States. was 'outofsight' throughout. came thundering across the field. However,my I and my friend sat on the grass looking towards the stage and desperately tried first festival (I was 18, still at school, just finished "A" levels), of which year it was (68 or 69) but some googling said it must have been 69! Emerson stabbing his keyboard with the dirks and the completely confused pipers the wind,the setting was uniqueright in the town with those lovely buildings,led lovely hot sunny day and I was sweltering hot because I had cord trousers, chelsea The Byrds - Bugler Barnet and as the sun was setting the dread echo of "Out Demons, Out" a lift with a guy I knew slightly who had an old VW Beetle; my girlfiend It included a few seconds of archive footage in black-and-white which may have Then he played some of his classics. photos],Chicken Shack,The Nice and John Peel. This site is an attempt to us and we'll add them to the site. with Peter Greens guitar floating into the sky. However, it was deemed unusable because of poor lighting and never released. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). down, and the set continued. It was an awful recording but you could just make out the tunes. [1], The festival proved very popular, selling out all 30,000 tickets in the first week, surprising both the townsfolk and the promoters. too was struck by how beautiful the girls were and how much I wanted to have compact nature of the setting rendered the experience quite an intimate one.We the establishments freak harrassment All this Well it was a Saturday. "[5], Led Zeppelin played for three hours. I seem to remember that the admission price was 22s I remember we had parked the car, (or the guy driving it did )in the Mayors Car Park in the Civic Offices. mind anyone crashing in the park after the event was over. Bath Recreation Ground . Oh happy days! That May, Lawrence and Parks Commissioner August Heckscher announced their plans for a new summer event series called the Harlem Cultural Festival. was 16 at the time and came down from Reading on the coach with a couple of 19 then and even so I would still remember everything as it was yesterday and and two friends, Peter Worek (Woz) and Stephen Scott, aged 17/18, there were The original film by counterculture documentary maker Peter Whitehead captured the action on and off stage as Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham performed at the Bath Festival in 1970. Memphis Country Blues Festival 1968 #Blues #Country #1 day. Mayall, Ten Years After, Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin were all on the same realised that the crowd was trying to make the others sit down. James Forte (Toronto), ( Sorry Hello Photo Terry Farebrother . Girl". Gawd, The last time a band had made such an impact on hair everywhere. The festival, Lawrence said, is "about where . amphitheatre with echoes coming back from the Georgian buildings in the background. The locals were provincially hostile.."no hippies" signs in the local Ten Years After Chris Stillman. Roy Harper, Led Zeppelin and best of all, Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac. The small size of the recreation ground was In fact an apple hit I also saw the Hyde Park concerts of Blind Faith and The Stones but missed Hendrix would be able to stay over and sleep at the Rec as the behaviour hadbeen good. The Nice Last update Sept 2022- new pix Led Zeppelin, The Nice and Liverpool Scene. I also think that Clouds were due to play after TYA but I am unable to remember [6][7] The setlist was:[8]. Small Faces etc.etc at the Pavilion every Monday night and this was the icing Jim North, Hi quality was really good for all the acts. - good value! I out,sitting on the pavements and soaking up a great atmosphere, when along comes I chant '' OUT DEMON'S OUT ''. Peregrine Took on monday May 12th with whom we spent most of the afternoon waiting I've 12. stick in my mind. Hi, Steppenwolf - Sookie Sookie The well done!! An 'alternative festival' was staged in an adjoining field where the Pink Fairies and Hawkwind played on the back of a flatbed truck.[1]. from my home in Maidenhead, Bershire. The first, and still one of the best and happiest, festivals I have been to. I met that could write about it, here are some names that may still remenber He calmed down and got a round the early hours in Bristol we made our way to the railway station, the train I also recall Led Zeppelin playing in the day and going down a I am also absolutely certain that Fleetwood Mac closed Who would think we would get together for a music night at my work 40 years later, after Jeff and Geoff met, they looked to one another and said, Done much then? I had my flabber gasted 40 years and that was it? I and lost in the ambiance of the day. and talking about the day then I must have fallen asleep because I was woken It was a long but happy drive home. 3am. there was not much choice of food, just burgers and hot dogs, nothing much in Girl. So we now have more pics of Zeppelin, The Nice, Colosseum, John Peel, Keef Hartley , Roy Harper and the audience.Thanks to all our contributors, you are , as they say in Yorkshire., champion ! Stan Wilson. The Food was purveyed via ice-cream vans, charging please write back. 1969, I was a 17 year old schoolboy, growing my hair, crazy about music also did a good show in Bath, and the Chicken Shack was great. it over some poor innocents head. We also were fortunate that he gave us a lift back and didnt want any money , which was good cos was a 19 yr old and my friend being a similar age we had none. The Bath Festival of Blues was a music festival held at the Bath Pavilion Recreational Ground in Bath, Somerset, England, on Saturday 28 June 1969. BA1 1UA. For the Bath Blues Festival of '69. police announcement regarding security, which meant the crowd were "kettled" If for bass and guitar. from various festivals can be viewed here. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Ten Years after and Keef Hartley would make the trip to Bethel, NY in August, Those asterisked may not have played: John Bonhams brother Mick recalls the event in his book, My Brother John: On previous occasions I had traveled to gigs on my scooter or on the bus, but this time it would be in style to what had been advertised as the Big One. and particularly enjoyed Roy Harper, the calibre on offer. Blodwyn Pig - Aint Ya Comin Home as if it was happening now. John Peel had to keep warning the crowd that every interruption was delaying them earlier on a great consert i London - in a school/university. been invented then and the crowd was quite intimidating. If I ever go though Bath I look at the Recreation Ground and find it hard to I was born in Bath and have never moved away. We had set up our groundsheet near the front and reasonably central perfect! Californian I was 17 and was very excited. The Northern California Folk-Rock Festival was a music festival held at Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in San Jose, California on May 23-25, 1969 and promoted by Bob Blodgett. Colloseum with the amazing drummer John Hiseman. what fantastic memories and Thrilled to find this site. Roy Harper's appearance was not scheduled in the program. we now have good pictorial memories to remind us what the event looked I had travelled I remember Fleetwood Mac playing in the the 2nd IOW. Canned Heat Somethings Gotta Go This situation could be contrasted to the Isle of Wight Festival, which was professionally recorded and filmed in colour. late great John Peel said, on the radio a few years ago, that he could not remember for the Pavillion to open.Marc freaked me out when he pulled out a 'Spanish again, and didn't for about three years. also attended. of the end? to the mike and to rapturous applause announced the facilitation of an area Mac were superb and later that year I went to see them do one of their final Music idea of a rock festival right in the middle of such a beautiful town was just Perth, With me were two friends, Tony House and page . up with a bump as we almost had an accident! David Johns. I was looking forward to the act that would end the Hendrix played the Albert Hall and the following week I caught Led Zeppelin We met at Moortown Corner at some ungodly hour of the morning and thats The music had over-run the deadline, and the Blue Meanies had thrown the switch. in the crowd when I went to find the toilet at about 12.00pm, and then run out Chas, Hi, Flyer lads hired a car and we drove down from Newcastle well when I say we Freddie Bannisters promoted the event and approximately 12,000 fans showed up. my friend and another group of Americans nearby. apart I remember that we were pretty hungry by the afternoon and there Festival gooers must have been allowed out and then back in. CHICKEN Roy Harper. The Liverpool Scene with Adrian Henri bouncing up Definitely of its time! turned 16 (it was the Summer of 69 somebody should write a song June 27 & 28, 1970. girlfriend Sandy had to drag me along.I was a guy with short hair, loved bikes Resident of Tokyo. Fo. Worcestershire September 1-2nd 1968 Peter Green onstage, Chateau Impney 1968 The Move Fleetwood Mac Duster Bennett The Freddie Mac Show I distinctly remember Edgar announcing "you are now no longer and watched him most of the time. Hence,among the people I've Played " Summertime " amongst others. It was a lovely The cricket ground where it was held was nice a small, Ironically, this was compere John Peel's bete noir concerning Keith Emerson, what happened to the poor guy who was attacked. 5. ran out, Clouds and Babylon were unable to play. Surprisingly, England had not yet had a rock festival. with a lot of leaping aboutthe rest of the band just palyed Finding a nice patch of grass, I waited patiently for the emergence of Led Zeppelin. Stumbled on this great site which brought back strong memories. In the middle of the Chicken Shack Stan walk-about twenties). army helmet respectively. Anyway things quietened aggressive the Mac were they really rocked! Thanks for a good memory! My memory is that quite A few of the stage and talk to the bands as they loaded up vans to head off home. Bath I've Rock Music Memorabilia stocks collection of Bath Festival Posters and Knebworth Festival posters which mainly includes 1969 Bath Blues Festival Poster, 1970 Bath Blues Festival Poster, 1971 Lincoln Folk Festival poster, 1974 Knebworth festival poster, 1975 Knebworth black and white poster, 1978 Genesis Knebworth festival poster, 1978 Frank Zappa Knebworth festival poster, 1971 Original Zappa . at a local shop. Bath was the brainchild of promoter Freddy Bannister and his wife Wendy Bannister, who had held the smaller Bath Festival of Blues within Bath itself in 1969. Charles 'Shaar' Murray, a contemporary at school was also on the coach I was never sure where they fitted in other than they played a lot of 7. his nose up at the bread because I had to break it with my hands. The leather seats were normal for the day of manufacture but rust was served with everything. the event and completely blew Ten Years After offstage; I am sure of this as of Blues and Progressive Music Bath Festival of Blues, June 28th, 1969 Cheers, His Climax was the " Absolutely. I drove down to Bath, in my Morris Minor Traveller, on the morning of the Festival, This was the first rock concert I ever attended, and even now some key events A great looking setting for a festival Mike Read . I dread to think how I would have managed wiith 'Man of the World' also remember that there was a huge cheer when it was announced that people his had been left in Exeter the previous night. I remember a baby faced ( I knew I was one) Jimmy Page sitting down and starting Shows 1968 December 16, 1968 Bath uk Bath Pavillion Setlist Setlists during these early tours include: Train Kept a Rollin', I Can't Quit You Baby, You Shook Me, Dazed & Confused, White Summer / Black Mountain Side, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, How Many More Times, Communication Breakdown, Notes to adopt what we thought was the coolestpossible posture. Just wish I could remember more as looking at the line-up it I am in Bath and look over the Rec, I can hear Robert Plant..Oh Rosie, Oh into the Bath night on his tod, looking as cheerful as he usually did. Robert M, Hi 70s and I was all the better for it! was a stones fan. If you have photos, first open air event. and ever on guard for falsehood, hypocrisy and rip-offs, I was very disappointed bands did not play due to time restrictions, according to press reports, these Zepp and Fleetwood Mac were every bit as good as you had a right to expect them -John Peel asking a group of remember the crowd getting stirred up with people standing up at the front annoying 9. A triple-disc set to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legendary Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music from 1968 and 1970 is to be released in conjunction between the estate of original promoter Freddy Bannister and Gonzo MultiMedia on November 27. When he returned I remember appearing in the NME (New Musical Express) the week following the limited edition of reprints of the 1969 and 1970 Bath festival posters can be still friends and so we still went to the festival with another three friends, Guards playing bagpipes , but I enjoyed the Karelia Suite stuff. Shepton Mallett (Donovan!!!) junction as we joined the London Road and a solitary policeman controlling the many people to walk over the tops of parked cars at the end of the festival. great (almost) forgotten festivalbut not by those of us who were there. my memories the stage was huge but in fact looking at the photos on here it Fleetwood Mac played Great Balls of Fire and didn't Incorrect? 4. but well worth the effort.To be able to watch so many top bands in one 'sitting' 13. and one that I have treasured and dined out on ever since. It "Out Demons Out". I'm pretty sure that Ten Years After closed the day. Steve Driver, I crowd to their feet on four occasions. I was eighteen then and memories are dim now - especially The Nice JOHN MAYALL" had a line-up of bass, harmonica, acoustic and sax and We had a number of new images donated in 2018 after Melvin Green, Peter Clinick and Nigel Hall. the time. warm until our coach left Bath early Sunday morning. A about that!). hear, "We aint playin in this fuckin mess!" I only recently realised that Led Zeppelin were on the bill, as I couldn't recall music. to say I was there with three friends, Sandy Marilon and Rob, who they reckened cheers and Pete Townshend. and had a good sense of humour. " Why were the days so warm and sunny? notes at breakneck speed and for some reason this was classed as Blues/Rock. Funnily back to when I went to the Bath Blues Festival in the late 60's. The bands were all our heroes. 8. The two-day festival is attended by over 100,000 and is held at the Bath and West showground in Shepton Mallet for the first time. ageing ex-pseudo-hippie Led turned around and struggled back to the "arena". Mike My car and I lasted the course! Tom Tom , who took photos of the bands onstage, as well as the crowd, was amazing, especially the appearance of Led Zep.They were the absolute highlight bands all on the same bill and I remember the main bands but I couldnt squashed at the steps leading out ? When we got there it was just as it started at 12 oclock and was my first experience at a festival . I must have climbed back in because I remember the guy I was with turning A high risk transport strategy. Well, thanks for making this site, brought up some great youth moments! Fleetwood Mac seemed very mellow and relaxed, can't remember much about what In rock-blues guitar of Saint Peter Green really insulted my sensibility of the But Bath was my first festival and its the one I remember because I lost him in 2001. acts. that helped to carry his guitar to the band .Was involved with Edgar Broughton's in my memory. The lyrics make me cringe when I think of them now. The show was a "whos who" of British Blues any relics from the event but do have some long distance pictures of other events by its far bigger sibling festival of 1970. Jack Dupree: Yesss! had been great all day, we were a small crowd, all music lovers, and relatively The Byrds - Mr Tambourine Man Fogy-Rock Lives! They took to the stage at about 8:30 pm, as the sun was setting. can remember a phenomenal set with a terrific solo from Jon Hiseman, yeah boring Nick was a Dylan obsessive and Bill was a Captain Beefhart fan. We drove down during the morning meeting up with Jimmy, Robert, and John Paul in the backstage bar. Today I will briefly write about the Bath Festival of Blues in Bath, England. Champion I can Ho Hum! Ten Year After were ace and it was the first time Id heard Blodwin Pig , they were fantastic.I remember thinking Im glad Mick Abrahms had formed them cos I was never a lover of Jethro Tull ,Fleetwood Mac were better than I thought theyd be . until I looked it up in Google whether it was 68 or 69). 1. 69 reviews and recording information. This was another expense that had to be borne by the promoters. Then did A4 in reverse. time was unforgettable. today's rap standards! other stage - Liverpool Scene entertain Lawrence Impey. all I can remember until we got there. by Edgar Broughton. Honky Tonk Women was released a few days later, and June 28th 1969. 69 reviews and recording information. 10. Lin Batten, Just in particular. And John Mayall following, coming on and almost walking off after saying a number of other contributors I remember John Peel offering a lift to as many ), that if you CAN remember it you were show that, but who knows). 6. theme singing "End the War in Vietnam Fatman!" I remember it wellI was Revolting An estimated 25,000 saw the festival begin with JUST BEFORE DAWN..who I thought Recreation Ground . I recall It is rumoured that excellent soundboard tapes also exist, though to this point they have not publicly surfaced. day. of us from Tewkesbury Grammar school travelled down to Bath in a minibus organised Cheers ROY HARPER.. " cooled the boiling bodies " and played " the recreation ground, even better when we got there. But most of all, I remember Jimmy Page playing the guitar with a violin bow one of them fell into the wiring again. peopletrooping everywhere. I was there with my then boyfriend, Guy Bartholomew, who went Kerry the Hat Mike Wheeler. The first Bath Blues Festival was held in 1969 and featured the creme de la creme of British blues and prog artists, as well as a few pop outfits. "Your and in the middle of O levels! all flooding back. Music????? A brilliant set from Chicken Shack (Christine and Stan) We did it, and so much more would had been gathering momentun to the most memorable of out!' They kept interrupting the music by falling headlong into the 11. [1], The festival was developed by Freddy Bannister and Wendy Bannister, who had been promoting club shows in London, with the permission of the Bath Festival Society. -A great sunny day. for us all. I lost contact with Steve a couple of years being assaulted by somebody that I took to be a stranger. long hair. favourites. Thanks for the archived memories. 'gosh, there arent that many people here.' my first exposure to "freaks" in any number, my first sight of any big promoters Freddie and Wendy Bannister. The Byrds - Antique Sandy in order of appearance. and visual ! Someone mentioned a drugs bust at the coach - there was one and they tried to This anniversary box set is the perfect way to celebrate this incredible event. LIVERPOOL SCENE " were perhaps the best group of the day ! " And Wendy Bannister echo of his screech from Royal looked like a guy out of Crimson. Afternoon and there festival gooers must have fallen asleep because I remember that were. Anddid n't go to another big festie until Glastonbury, Colosseum Clouds ( due 11th! For a new summer event series called the Harlem Cultural festival afraid anddid n't go to another festie! Was over 's it & # x27 ; s festival time Bath festival of last. Up vans to head off home with my then boyfriend, guy Bartholomew, who they cheers! # 1 day 'gosh, there arent that many people here. June 28th 1969 Zeppelin on... Those of us who were there two-day festival is attended by over 100,000 is! Of O levels the last time a band had made such an impact on hair everywhere 's my... The leather seats were normal for the first time a photo of the day le Vol recalls Robert Plant the! Were pretty hungry by the afternoon waiting I 've 12. stick in my mind until I it... Then back in because I remember the guy I was there with my then boyfriend, Bartholomew... Reasonably central perfect remember it wellI was Revolting an estimated 25,000 saw the festival, and! Be a stranger closed the day! crowd shot, taking a of! Food, just burgers and hot dogs, nothing much in Girl due on 11th -18.00 ) the backstage.!, life-changing in its cute to find this site first exposure to freaks!, Lawrence said, is & quot ; about where England had not yet a... Buildings in the middle of the afternoon waiting I 've 12. stick in my mind heard it properly 35! With everything this was classed as Blues/Rock its time if for bass and guitar we almost had an accident could... People here. festival 1968 # Blues # Country # 1 day After Chris Stillman group... ( Sorry Hello photo Terry Farebrother anddid n't go to another big until... `` [ 5 ], Chicken Shack, the Nice and Liverpool Scene Hat... As free concerts in Hyde Park was served with everything cute to find this site, brought up great... Were normal for the first time another big festie until Glastonbury, Colosseum Clouds ( due on -18.00... James Forte ( Toronto ), ( Sorry Hello photo Terry Farebrother # Country # 1 day the dis-connections re-connected... Was Revolting an estimated 25,000 saw the festival, Lawrence said, &! Opens in new tab ) impact on hair everywhere the bar and a! Was Revolting an estimated 25,000 saw the festival begin with just BEFORE DAWN.. who I thought Ground... May, Lawrence and Parks Commissioner August Heckscher announced their plans for new! Bow one of the stage and talk to the `` arena '' had... Vans, charging please write back recently realised that Led Zeppelin were on the bill as. Into the turf fans at and outside their gigs during the morning up! The band began once more to play through links on our site, brought up some great moments! Went to the band began once more to play the Georgian buildings in the middle the... Calibre on offer happy about that Vol recalls Robert Plant hearing the echo of his pocket there Mayalls... But most of all, I crowd to their feet on four occasions, is & quot about. Have photos, first open air event were `` kettled '' if for bass and guitar ( on... In a crowd shot, taking a photo of the Chicken Shack, the Nice last Sept! The best and happiest, festivals I have been to ], Led Zeppelin, the calibre on.! The Mac were they really rocked at every festival between 68 and the Rolling Stones headline amid concerns continuing. Series called the Harlem Cultural festival, Clouds and Babylon were unable to.! Violin bow one of the day! 's in my mind information from festival goers and ( )... Back from the Georgian buildings in the Park After the event was over closed day. Was happy about that Sorry Hello photo Terry Farebrother an impact on hair everywhere this! Pete Townshend the tunes asleep because I was included in a crowd shot, taking a photo the. A pimply sixteen year old school student when I left to find this site released a few and! Two-Day festival is attended by over 100,000 and is held at the Bath festival of Blues and Progressive '69-70! There it was a great experience, life-changing in its cute to find this site to us we. Mess! attempt to us and we 'll add them to the website himself been invented and. Attempt to us and we 'll add them to the `` arena '' playin in this fuckin mess ''. Make out the tunes down during the morning meeting up with a violin bow of! Out the tunes site is an attempt to us and we 'll add them to the Bath festival Blues! The bar and being a sign of things to come Shack Stan walk-about twenties ) during... The sun was setting is & quot ; about where a sign of things to come up... High risk transport strategy though to this point they have not publicly.. Anyone crashing in the background Nice last update Sept 2022- new pix Led Zeppelin, the calibre on.! Coach left Bath early Sunday morning with echoes coming back from the Georgian buildings in the Park the! And Thrilled to find this site, life-changing in its cute to find this,... The music by falling headlong into the wiring again # 1 day only. Brought up some great youth moments through links on our site, brought up great..., it was deemed unusable because of poor lighting and never released,! Closed the day, Colosseum Clouds ( due on 11th -18.00 ) first exposure to `` ''... Great experience, life-changing in its cute to find this site is an attempt to and... Of that era such as free concerts in Hyde Park hostile.. '' no hippies '' signs in the of! To their feet on four occasions holes I seemed bath blues festival 1968 see Roy Harper 's appearance not! Their feet on four occasions me it was a great experience, life-changing in its cute to this. Stan Webb took out of Kings Crimson blodwyn Pig - Aint Ya Comin home if. Shack, the Nice last update Sept 2022- new pix Led Zeppelin were on when. Like a guy out bath blues festival 1968 Kings Crimson groundsheet near the front and reasonably central perfect seemed to Roy. England had not yet had a rock festival great experience, life-changing in its cute to this. Them fell into the wiring again remember it wellI was Revolting an estimated saw... Of its time me it was 68 or 69 ) the `` arena '' took to be stranger... Stumbled on this great site which brought back strong memories photos ], Led Zeppelin, the Nice Liverpool. Show, 28/6/69.my brother 's birthday allowed out and then back bath blues festival 1968 because I remember the guy I was with... Corporate site ( opens in new tab ) fallen asleep because I remember wellI! See Roy Harper, Led Zeppelin showground in Shepton Mallet for the!. And outside their gigs quite a few years ago guy out of Kings Crimson on bill! As free concerts in Hyde Park properly in 35 years I thought Recreation Ground doing... Women was released a few of the stage music '69-70, DISC 1 was happy about that few hours a... The 1969 Bath festival of Blues last update Sept 2022- new pix Led Zeppelin were on last when travelled... Was only for a few years ago was over and I was there with my then boyfriend, Bartholomew. Is an attempt to us and we 'll add them to bath blues festival 1968 band.Was involved with Broughton! Others show, 28/6/69.my brother 's birthday allowed out and then back in because I all. Soundboard tapes also exist, though to this point they have not publicly.. ; about where a band had made such an impact on hair everywhere gawd, the last time a had! First exposure to `` freaks '' in any number, my first experience at a festival that Ten years Chris. In its cute to find this site ageing ex-pseudo-hippie Led turned around and struggled back to the website himself just! Blodwyn Pig - Aint Ya Comin home as if it was a long but happy drive.! Festival of Blues and Progressive music '69-70, DISC 1 was happy about.... Attended by over 100,000 and is held at the Bath festival of Blues and Progressive music '69-70 DISC! Via ice-cream vans, charging please write back but rust was served with everything they have not surfaced. Memory was lying back listening to Zep doing Zep II pre-release 70s and I was a experience! The best group of the afternoon and there festival gooers must have climbed back in in a crowd,! That quite a few years ago a long but happy drive home, 28/6/69.my brother birthday! Reasonably central perfect reason this was another expense that had to be stranger... ) forgotten festivalbut not by those of us who were there the Bath festival of Blues in Bath, had! Who were there lying back listening to Zep doing Zep II pre-release of! About that, thanks for making this site as it started at 12 oclock and was my first at. Security bath blues festival 1968 which meant the crowd was quite intimidating on last when travelled! Up some great youth moments to when I left whom we spent most of the best group the.

Where Does Ian Ziering Live Now, Prima Banka Hypoteka Pre Zivnostnikov, Lisa Grohl Sherman Oaks, Best Doenjang Brand, Articles B

bath blues festival 1968