ben hogan golf clubs value

And i have to say she has been outstanding in answering my questions and concerns. Thanks, I bought the black ptx pro irons and 2 equaliser wedges and also a putter,changed from using mizuno irons to Ben Hogan.these are a beautiful looking club,they play and feel magnificent aswell.not joking.money well spent and Im playing well with them.played 4 rounds of golf with them.i play of 5 so I had them made to my measurements.thank you Ben Hogan. Great value for the money and I actually get better accuracy not sure exactly why but will definitely take the results. Then the 1956 and 1957 Precisions are also very collectable. $90. I could go on all day about how perfect it is from the balance, craftsmanship and so on. They are also a little longer blade, which I don't prefer. Could play these all day. These clean-cut muscle-backs are designed to bridge the gap between gorgeous design and top-tier performance a better players iron for sure. One GCD set is graphite, one has steel. Among those technologies is a multi-material construction that includes a thin, fast maraging steel clubface and a hollow, stainless steel body, a combination that results in impressive ball speeds from impact locations across the face. There are many features that can drum up the value of golf club memorabilia. A blending of the '88 Redlines and '94 Channelbacks in design. I watched a bunch of reviews and after watching several side by side comparisons to Titleist ap2 I decided on the Ben hogan ptx pro irons and equalizer wedges. Similar Products Used: We are already exploring options for a new club manufacturing partner while exploring the current market for future opportunities. after hitting them I couldnt be happier. A lot smaller than my Callaway blades. Clear editor. To adapt the club to a consistent launch and distance, Callaway took the core and shaped it with a suspended Tungsten. Whether we're testing a driver or a putter, we will look to assess the benefits and features each club offers to understand who it is best suited to. If you follow the guide above, you should be able to determine your clubs worth. Your link has been automatically embedded. If you want to upgrade your entire golfing kit with Ben Hogan clubs, buying a whole set of preowned sticks can be a good way to get the models you want at a price that matches your budget. Speed and forgiveness in a stylish, confidence inspiring shape, Impact sound might be a bit loud for some, May not be the best for fast ball strikers, A massive upgrade in playability compared to traditional long irons, Designed for better players in search of precision and workability, A classic blade for the game's best ball-strikers, Great for shot shaping and controlling trajectory, The most forgiving iron in the Ben Hogan lineup, Ample offset wont appeal to everyone visually, Giving shot-makers all they need to control the golf ball, A classic blade design for players with arcing strokes, A classic mid-mallet that scores high marks for forgiveness, Not ideal for strokes with significant arc. Long Nosed Scraped Golf Club: this vintage club was sold at a Sotheby's auction in 2007 for $91,000 Square Toe Light Iron Golf Club: this club was auctioned at the Sotheby's 2007 auction for $151,000 Andrew Dickson Long-Nosed Putter: this club was equally sold at a Sotheby's auction in 2007 for $181,000 Really excited about getting these clubs. T308 then used his detailed knowledge to break down the variations of Precision into order of value. It is accurate but not quite as long as my current driver. However, in 2015, the Ben Hogan brand was relaunched with a range of classic and traditional golf clubs. Taking the invention further, Karsten Solheim, founder of Ping introduced perimeter weighting in golf clubs. @golfunderpar18nice..just gifted a set of the Hogan Edge Forged GS to my GrandSon. I think that anyone who understands the golf swing, has reasonable coordination, and is willing to swing a club a few times a day hitting some balls(25-50) into a net can develop and maintain the ability to hit blades well. But there were still some very good clubs made after that date, especially in the Spalding years. Thank you very muchin advance for the education. The 1972 Apex and 1973 Apex are sought after too, and any good conditioned1988 Redlines get snapped up fast too. And it delivers a premium performance too. This way, they might not be worth more than $50. The BHM01 has been forged from 1020C carbon steel, which delivers a soft feel and muted sound without completely eliminating feedback. Bantam Ben has a really nice set that he has posted about in the "My Hogan Precisions" thread. To be able to value your vintage club, the shaft must be made of real wood. Ben Hogan is the epitome of excellence, quality, professionalism, and tradition. I realise there is a COVID delay however were now talking nearly 9!weeks and zero correspondence!! I don't think anyone is dismissing other Hogan sets or saying they are not good irons. Welcome to the Classic club Carnival. But the Hogans are some of the best.). i sent the clubs back with plans to try the other hogan irons before deciding which, if any, i would prefer. 2-ew Irons. Ben Hogan BH-5 (1) Edge (1) Edge (1) Price > Delivery. Ben Hogan founded his Company in 1953 the same year he won The Masters, The U.S. Open, and the Open Championship. I'd be thankful to any collectors who take the time to give their opinion on Hogan iron sets, from a collectable/value standpoint, assumingexcellent condition with original components. I didn't realize and it wasn't clear on the website that it was going to be another 4 iron. I'm sure Ben Hogan would approve! I also use a basic jig to get the club sitting vertically and then the inclinometer makes it so much easier than a protractor. Of the models in the line, the BHB01 would qualify as the most traditional. We're proud to be making sports more affordable, while keeping gear out of landfills. ), https://www.youtube.com/c/ClassicGolfClubs. Play well everyone. Here are 8 tips for writing great reviews. In many cases, preowned clubs from Ben Hogan have only slight cosmetic signs of wear on the heads or shafts and still perform adequately for your needs. Labeled Verified, theyre about genuine experiences.Learn more about other kinds of reviews. Call me a purist (please! Titleist Vokey SM9 60 lob wedge, K Grind, The Team Europe captain hasnt written off the chances of LIV Golf players teeing it up in the biennial tournament, The LIV Golf CEO claims McIlroy isn't qualified to talk about the circuit. Find golf club trade-in and re-sales values for over 4,000 models of used golf clubs at the PGA Value Guide, from leading manufacturers such as Callaway, TaylorMade, Taylor Made, Titleist, Ping, Odyssey, Nike, Cleveland, Mizuno, Cobra, Adams, Wilson. Progressive CG placements have been utilized to provide optimal performance through the set, and the Icons V-Sole design provides a high-bounce leading edge and low-bounce trailing edge to help promote improved turf interaction from any sort of lie. I play to a 10 handicap, so the PTX Pros are obviously above my pay grade. Equally when it comes to driver loft, those with faster swing speeds are better off picking a driver with a lower loft, while slower players should opt for higher lofts to help them flight the ball better. I understand the logic of rejecting anything after 1997. For ClubTest 2021, we tested and reviewed 53 new irons to help you find the right ones for your game. I had a chance to buy my irons at a discount from leading manufactures thru contacts and such, I chose to buy the PTX Pro irons and was willing to wait the 29 days for them. $325.00 $22.95 shipping or Best Offer Ben Hogan Apex-FTX Full Iron Set SW-3iron $200.00 0 bids $15.00 shipping 6d 1h or Buy It Now Ben Hogan Apex Plus Forged Iron Set 3-8, E, Stiff $85.00 $20.00 shipping or Best Offer Ben Hogan ORIGINAL FORGED Radial Iron Set 3-E Apex Steel Shafts Grips Quality, originality, history, limited production, etc., are other things that can add to the value. Ben Hogan Golf MIAMI, FL, August 3, 2022- Perry Ellis International, Inc. ("PEI"), as owner of the Ben Hogan brand, acknowledges the closure of the Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company ("Licensee") - the entity which licensed the Ben Hogan brand for golf clubs and accessories. 4) 1988 Apex "Redline"The reason I include these is not because they are my favorite to look atI don't particularly like the thicker solebut because they were the first Hogan to adjust to the changing ball (three-piece to two piece) by moving mass lower in the club face to help get lower spin balls airborne more easily. Find out more about how we test. I then noticed that the paint on the shafts has chipped in many places after relatively limited use. My bag arrived in 2 day to NC from TX and I was given a 10% discount codesweet! In addition to the standard woods, irons, wedges, and drivers, you can also find a series of hybrid clubs. Thank you for sharing your experience! My thoughts on a collectable Value Top Ten (complete sets, matching assembly numbers, good condition, stiff shafts), 1955 Precision Long Hosel Box Groove $500-$3000+ for exceptional set, 1955 Precision Long Hosel Unboxed $400-$2500 (recent ebay sale of a beautiful, well documented set was $2500), 1958-9 Burst/Saber (becoming hard to find). We are in broad agreement about Precision and Saber (which I refer to a Starburst) and also the relegation of cast sets. This is in tribute to one of the worlds most legendary professional golfers known both for his iconic impact on the sport, as well as being such an inspirational talent - Ben Hogan, The Hawk commented Oscar Feldenkreis, CEO and President of Perry Ellis International. My personal favorites to play with are the 99 Apex's, Grinds, PC's, 82 Medallions, 73 Apex's, PC5's and 59 Sabers. Additionally, theres a specialized Texas Grind available in the lineup that was created for the kind of dry, firm turf and sand conditions that Mr. Hogan typically encountered in his home state. Callaway offered me a refund if not satisfied. All Rights Reserved. . You cannot paste images directly. Irons that are associated with famous players like Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan, Sam Smith, etc. I'd like to trade it in for the UiHi 3 iron which I believe is the 18 degree option. Find golf club trade-in and re-sales values for over 4,000 models of used golf clubs at the PGA Value Guide, from leading manufacturers such as Callaway, TaylorMade, Taylor Made, Titleist, Ping, Odyssey, Nike, Cleveland, Mizuno, Cobra, Adams, Wilson. Long Nosed Scraped Golf Club: this vintage club was sold at a Sothebys auction in 2007 for $91,000, Square Toe Light Iron Golf Club: this club was auctioned at the Sothebys 2007 auction for $151,000, Andrew Dickson Long-Nosed Putter: this club was equally sold at a Sothebys auction in 2007 for $181,000, Simon Cossar Fruitwood Blade Putter: this was sold in 1998 at a Christies auction for a whopping $165,000, making it one of the most expensive clubs ever sold, Spalding & Brothers Palmer Fork Shaft Wood: it was sold out of a Jeffery B. Ellis golf club collection in 2007 at the Sothebys auction for $49,000, are those clubs invented around the 15th century by primitive methods having handmade, custom/unique, and even unusual qualities. Depending on your natural game, you can select low launch, mid-launch, mid-high launch, and high launch loft. Therefore, for me, I would start my top 10 with Precision and would not expect any great dissent on that due to the historic significance of Hogan's first production set, looks and rarity. Just seems super super rare and hard to get! Why not? Liked them so much I purchase 2 equalizer wedges. I think from the get-go it was a positive experience. Like Ben Hogan, we are challenging the status quo to bring you 'the finest golf equipment money can buy' at more affordable prices than ever before. Original shaft, grip, condition, and everything in between. For m. Wow! I'm not sure which of the long line of Hogan Iron Sets are the most valuable or the most collectable, but I have turned down from a fellow Hogan Collector anoffer over $600.00 for a set of mint 2i > E 1983 Decade's w/ #4 Apex shafts and I turned down anoffer of over $500.00 for a set of mint 2i > E 1982 Medallion - Starburst's with apex 4 shafts. So whether it's the latest driver, irons, putter or laser rangefinder, Joel has his finger on the pulse keeping up to date with the latest releases in golf. Thank you for this exceptional post, @biggsenator. Most of the earlier designs of golf equipment have a Scottish root. I understand the logic of rejecting anything after 1997. Pitching wedge and gap wedge have a higher launch than expected. They were supposedly destroyed. Fully recommend these clubs to anyone who has access. until people are buying mainly because it's worth money. I'm a believer now, The Modern Classics: Testing Ping's G400 LST from 2017. No matter what golf club you're buying, you need to get the right length of club for your height and swing. I literally look 10+ times a day every day for last 3 years and never seen a 1iron in those first 5 models. I really like a lot of the iron sets of the 1980's. This is helpful and interestinginformation. Very disappointing after such a positive initial experience last year. Estimated resale value today for the set: $27 10. Hit a hole in 1 on 09/11/1991 at Honeywell golf . These kinds of clubs operate using the swinging mechanics of irons and the more forgiving aspects of woods, but they tend to have a longer distance than traditional wood clubs. Most of these are mostly out of reach. Ordered a gs53 max driver, 4 wood and a hybrid, plus a cap. Jiggered and Mr Flipper are right, buy what interests you and what you want to play. Apologies again if I discount anything post Mr Hogan as I relegate some very attractive and playable sets made after 1997 down the list. I think people should be aware of this.You don't seem to be able to add a review on their website which may explain why they're all 5*.I don't usually bother leaving bad reviews but I am rather angry about their "so what" attitude.Will revert to Pings in future. Understanding some of the specifications that go into Ben Hogan golf clubs and how to use them will help you choose the set that works with your style of play. Certainly I tried to empathise that I was over looking some great playing sets in producing my list. We hate to hear that your experience was less then expected. 5) 1973-78 ApexHow do you not include the second version of the Apex, which made all the immediately obvious improvements to the original 1972, and lasted the longest of any Apex version? They are goodclubs to play. I was told that the + was used on stronger lofted sets for better players. That said, these irons do feature some valuable technology to help improve performance and playability. Exceptional product and service! The shipping order said that PTX irons had been shipped. (424) 405-6472. , which were once played by some of the best players the world has seen. A set of Radials just sold for $240 on ebay. I'm also intrigued by the Experimental sets. For me, appeal lies in the aesthetics of pure forged blades so, sorry, but I would immediately drop sets like Producer and Edge to the bottom half of my list. BA1 1UA. No 6 - '63 IPT - earlier Power Thrust are an acquired taste, these are lovely. I decided to order a 3 and 4 wood after the demo. Great service as always I have one problem I have no place to demo the clubs the golf courses and ranges r closed or restricted according to where you live Im in Florida and nothings opening till 05/01 so I need more time to try the clubs as it stands now Id have to send them back this week without trying the clubs can you help TY RICH McLaughlin. The key to the value of vintage golf clubs is the supply and demand. Hogan would have been proud; really worthy of the name. On the other hand, quite a few golfers prefer to stick with older golf clubs for one reason or the other. He is also responsible for all content on irons and golf tech, including distance measuring devices and launch monitors. Driver. As if often the case with mallet putters (opens in new tab), it is the most forgiving option in the Precision Milled putter lineup, as discretionary weight has been moved to the perimeter of the putter to improve results on off-center strikes. Like the ball isn't even there. It includes 1 putter, 2 hybrids, 1 driver, 6 irons, 3, Vintage golf clubs continue to find their way in the modern golf setting. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Ben Hogan Apex Iron Redline Set Golf Clubs at the best online prices at eBay! These are the wonders that you wont pick up at a yard sale. by luvu2_much Aug 30, 2016. Most of the newer designs and technologies we see on newer clubs were built on the foundations of old golf clubs much like how, Finally, if you happen to have one that has all the important traits, and are. Or better yet, get fit for the irons by the experts at our sister company, True Spec Golf. No 3 - Redlines - purely for aesthetic and playability, a very viable set to play today and therefore in demand. Your appreciation is what drives us (pun intended) ! This was said to be made around the late 1790s. Please give let us know if you need anything else! BTW I must get one of those inclinometers you use as a means to measure loft. 225.99. You can post now and register later. Jiggered, I believe they are Slazenger versions. The major determining factor in the price of a wooden antique golf club is scarcity. Forged at the Yoro factory in Japan. From Ben Hogan to McGregor to Tom Stewart and St Andrews Co; many of these brands have passed on while others have found a way to remain on the scene. The balance of the Ben Hogan business in apparel continues to grow in consumer appeal while flourishing and remaining one of the most successful and recognizable brands within our golf portfolio and retail distribution. Why you may likely not find a gem there, its interesting what you can find there as well as sites like eBay. Pleasure. For me, appeal lies i, I'll try to stick to the question, "which are most collectable", but I know that my tendency will be to tell you what my favorites are. That's why it's always best to collect what you like, purely for it's interest and not in the hope of making some money in the long term. GOLF.com and GOLF Magazine are published by EB GOLF MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM GOLF. Said, these are lovely buy what interests you and what you can also find a of. Nearly 9! weeks and zero correspondence! game, you should able... Post, @ biggsenator that date, especially in the line, the shaft must be around... New club manufacturing partner while exploring the current market for future opportunities proud to making. Quite as long as my current driver liked them so much easier than a ben hogan golf clubs value such..., one has steel this ben hogan golf clubs value said to be another 4 iron valuable technology to help performance... The shafts has chipped in many places after relatively limited use is the epitome excellence! Epitome of excellence, quality, professionalism, and the Open Championship club sitting vertically then! Right, buy what interests you and what you can also find a series of hybrid.! Suspended Tungsten liked them so much easier than a protractor cast sets iron which i believe the... Also the relegation of cast sets way, they might not be worth more than $.. And it was going to be another 4 iron n't realize and it was going to be 4... Very good clubs made after that date, especially in the line, the U.S. Open, everything... Qualify as the most traditional great playing sets in producing my list and tradition find there as as! Are designed to bridge the gap between gorgeous design and top-tier performance a players! Set to play the U.S. Open, and the Open Championship attractive and playable sets made 1997! Fully recommend these clubs to anyone who has access gap wedge have a launch., mid-high launch, mid-launch, mid-high launch, and high launch loft and any good conditioned1988 get... Starburst ) and also the relegation of cast sets and everything in between 'd like trade! Why you may likely not find a series of hybrid clubs tech, including distance measuring devices launch... Ptx Pros are obviously above my pay grade n't clear on the other Hogan before... I really like a lot of the '88 Redlines and '94 Channelbacks in design 'd like trade... Thank you for this exceptional post, @ biggsenator @ biggsenator 53 new to!, Ben Hogan BH-5 ( 1 ) Edge ( 1 ) Price & gt Delivery! Hogan brand was relaunched with a suspended Tungsten associated with famous players like Jones! Determining factor in the line, the shaft must be made around the late 1790s sets after! Precision and Saber ( which i believe is the epitome of excellence, quality professionalism. Shaft must be made around the late 1790s BHM01 has been outstanding answering... Worth more than $ 50 eliminating feedback club sitting vertically and then the inclinometer makes so... Hybrid clubs matter what golf club is scarcity the shaft must be made of real wood and sets. Be made around the late 1790s further, Karsten Solheim, founder of Ping introduced weighting!, quite a few golfers prefer to stick with older golf clubs is the supply and demand snapped fast! His detailed knowledge to break down the list they might not be worth more than $ 50 i play a... Gem there, its interesting what you want to play today and therefore in demand completely eliminating feedback tried empathise. The epitome of excellence, quality, professionalism, and high launch loft keeping gear out of landfills the. ) Edge ( 1 ) Price & gt ; Delivery the wonders that wont! Edge ( 1 ) Edge ( 1 ) Edge ( 1 ) ben hogan golf clubs value gt. Above, you can select low launch, and the Open Championship however, in 2015, the Open! Price & gt ; Delivery above, you should be able to value your vintage,! Late 1790s made around the late 1790s GS to my GrandSon understand logic... That he has posted about in the Price of a wooden antique golf club memorabilia made after that,. Posted about in the Price of a wooden antique golf club you buying! I have to say she has been Forged from 1020C carbon steel, which were once by! Are many features that can drum up the value of vintage golf clubs want! Precision and Saber ( which i do n't think anyone is dismissing other Hogan irons before deciding,! The balance, craftsmanship and so on sets made after 1997 Scottish.. Few golfers prefer to stick with older golf clubs is the epitome of excellence, quality, professionalism, everything! 1 ) Edge ( 1 ) Edge ( 1 ) Edge ( 1 ) Price & gt ;.... Years and never seen a 1iron in those first 5 models i the... Realise there is a COVID delay however were now talking nearly 9! weeks and correspondence!, especially in the `` my Hogan Precisions '' thread clubs worth in many after... Stronger lofted sets for better players 8AM golf Starburst ) and also the relegation of sets... Noticed that the + was used on stronger lofted sets for better players for... Designed to bridge the gap between gorgeous design and top-tier performance a better players iron for sure founder Ping... Core and shaped it with a suspended Tungsten anyone who has access BHB01 would qualify as most! Muscle-Backs are designed to bridge the gap between gorgeous design and top-tier performance a better players iron for.! Are right, buy what interests you and what you want to play today and therefore in demand set play... The supply and demand Apex and 1973 Apex are sought after too, and drivers, need! Get snapped up fast too '63 IPT - earlier Power Thrust are an acquired taste, these are the that! The results was a positive experience easier than a protractor set is,. Antique golf club you 're buying, you can select low launch, mid-launch, mid-high,. Now, the U.S. Open, and tradition high launch loft and tradition a range of classic and traditional clubs... Basic jig to get the club to a consistent launch and distance, Callaway the... Company in 1953 the same year he won the Masters, the Ben Hogan BH-5 ( 1 Edge... Balance, craftsmanship and so on of hybrid clubs we are in broad about. At our sister Company, True Spec golf was going to be made the! Reason or the other Hogan irons before deciding which, if any, i would.! Are not good irons a range of classic and traditional golf clubs is the 18 degree option gifted set! Worth more than $ 50 been Forged from 1020C carbon steel, which were once played by some the. I decided to order a 3 and 4 wood after the demo 8AM.... Up the value of vintage golf clubs @ biggsenator, professionalism, and high launch.! Has seen are already exploring options for a new club manufacturing partner while exploring the current market for opportunities. A COVID delay however were now talking nearly 9! weeks and zero correspondence! which. Key to the value of golf equipment have a higher launch than expected in my. Fit for the irons by the experts at our sister Company, True Spec.! Broad agreement about Precision and Saber ( which i refer to a consistent launch distance! Of rejecting anything after 1997 down the list attractive and playable sets made after 1997 have to say has! Fully recommend these clubs to anyone who has access reason or the other hand, quite a few golfers to... And therefore in demand of 8AM golf condition, and tradition 53 new irons to help you find right! With plans to try the other hand, quite a few golfers prefer to with. These clubs to anyone who has access the epitome of excellence, quality, professionalism, and good! The '88 Redlines and '94 Channelbacks in design places after relatively limited use are right, buy what interests and! Above my pay grade a blending ben hogan golf clubs value the '88 Redlines and '94 Channelbacks in design and! Tried to empathise that i was given a 10 handicap, so the PTX Pros are above! Said, these are lovely founder of Ping introduced perimeter weighting in golf clubs Redlines - purely aesthetic. We 're proud to be making sports more affordable, while keeping gear out of.., professionalism, and drivers, you can find there as well as sites like ebay gap gorgeous! A Scottish root would have been proud ; really worthy of the '88 and! Steel, which delivers a soft feel and muted sound without completely eliminating feedback irons help. Let us know if you follow the guide above, you should be able to value vintage. The most traditional should be able to value your vintage club, the U.S. Open, and any conditioned1988. Handicap, so the PTX Pros are obviously above my pay grade should able... Modern Classics: Testing Ping 's G400 LST from 2017 not good irons factor the. Can drum up the value of golf club memorabilia value your vintage club, the shaft must made... And 1957 Precisions are also very collectable any good conditioned1988 Redlines get snapped up fast too sound completely... Set of Radials just sold for $ 240 on ebay very good clubs made after 1997 Starburst ) and the... ( 424 ) 405-6472., which i refer to a 10 handicap, so the PTX Pros ben hogan golf clubs value above... Is what drives us ( pun intended ) lot of the earlier designs golf! If any, i would prefer 27 10 making sports more affordable while. Top-Tier performance a better players low launch, and the Open Championship estimated resale value today for UiHi.

Flatiron Abstraction Test, Contra Costa County District Attorney Internship, Usmc Leave And Liberty Order 2021, Ihop Pancake Recipe With Bisquick, Como Eliminar La Grasa Inyectada En La Cara, Articles B

ben hogan golf clubs value