igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler

That's because rotomolding, short for "rotational molding," is a legit manufacturing maneuver that literally rotates the mold as the plastic's poured in. The BMX 52 is pretty similar to the larger Igloo BMX 72, both in terms of looks and specification. Igloo BMX 52-Quart Weight: 18.7 lb Internal Dimensions: 20.94 x 12.72" x 12.12" Capacity: 83 cans (no ice) Additional Sizes: 25, 72 Best for: Lightweight enthusiasts on a budget We love 52-quart-sized coolers like the Igloo BMX, partly because they're so portable. Not great if you're looking for a camping cooler. This RTIC unit tested with impressively low temperatures. Theyre perfect as a supplemental drink cooler or for toting snacks on short camping trips. Another area that Yeti wins is in the size and color choices. Many a time have we wandered through our local REI and, upon seeing the price tag on a Yeti, wondered, Why would someone spend that much on a cooler?. The last time I tested coolers for this list, I had Cabela's 60-quart version of this cooler listed as the best large cooler. (I already have a precise measurement of each cooler's total volume from the earlier described capacity test.) Hard-sided coolers are the most common type of cooler used for camping. The top handle made the cooler easy for just one person to carry, even when it was fully loaded. Still, the handles were comfortable to hold and relatively easy for one person to carry. Our cooler is 55 quarts, so we used 41.25 lb. Most of the coolers that I tested were, but some took things even further. But while this cooler impressed in some ways, it suffered from a disappointing lack of durability in some of its smaller components. Electric coolers are basically portable mini-fridges, and theyre best for those who are truly serious about their cooling needs. The hinges themselves are the latches, and they're featured on both sides of the cooler, so no more walking around to "the other side," reaching over the lid or asking someone to grab your drink. Extra-thick foam walls and insulated lid for the best cooling performance proven to hold ice for 5 days at 90 Degrees. Reviews ethics statement. We will elaborate on their features, discuss build quality, put them through our ice retention test, and finally give them a rating from 0 to 5. 2023 CNET, a Red Ventures company. Next, you have a 52QT which falls nicely into the mid-sized category. Igloo Enjoy an insulated body and lid that seamlessly rolls through all walks of life utilizing 10-inch wheels. RTICs Hard Cooler finished as a close runner-up, lagging only slightly behind the Yeti in most of our tests. The BMX cooler has a ruler in the lid, making it a great option for fishing trips. If anything, the smaller, cheaper models were mostly conservative in their estimates, with ones like the Coleman Xtreme and Igloo Latitude wheeled coolers coming in several quarts more sizable than advertised. From a quality standpoint, this cooler should last for many years of typical use without issue. Available in a variety of sizes and configurations. Helpful (3) Not helpful (1) Report. We have no complaints about them. As the BMX 52 is more compact, your more likely be able to fit in in the trunk of a smaller car. They combine durability with quality insulation, they usually have a drain to keep your food from getting soggy, and (an extremely important consideration) they can double as a camp seat. The four coolers tested in this test were a YETI Tundra 45 ($299), the Otter Box Venture 45 ($299), the Igloo Amadeo Bachar Limited Edition BMX 52 ($249), and the Igloo Leeward 50 ($199). The premium Yeti Tundra is our Top Pick. 4.5 liters of water drained out after leaving 20 pounds of ice inside for 48 hours. . It isn't anything special to look at, but it. Read: Pelican Coolers Vs Yeti. Its great that they have carried over a lot of the styling from the larger BMX 72 along with its useful features. None are included with their coolers. Several models I've tested from Cabela's, Orca, Rovr, Magellan Outdoors and Yeti all make the cut. A cool design feature of this plug is that it is garden hose compatible. When it comes to looking at the Igloo Sportsman vs Yeti Coolers we found that while Yeti is a better cooler overall the Igloo Sportsman is $100 cheaper. Also, don't forget to check out our handy dandy video buying guide for coolers with Andrew Gebhart. Igloo BMX Cooler, 52-Quart Overall Score: 8.7 10. Quart Capacity: 45, 60, 80. Coolers are essential for backyard get-togethers, camping trips and tailgating events. For a cooler that is intended to hang with the toughest brands on the market, it needs a tough look to match. BMX Series coolers from IGLOO are heavy-duty blow-molded for added durability. Can Capacity: 60 (plus 10 pounds of ice) to 80 cans (plus 20 pounds of ice) Ice . Hope this helps to answer your question! Advertisement. If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. I'll let you know how it works out. Another Magellan cooler. Inside the lid, you will find an oversized rubber gasket for helping to seal. At 52 quarts, this BMX model has a generous capacity that is equivalent to 83 12oz cans. Expect to pay around $100 for the BMX 52 Quart cooler which is a lot more than generic models available but far cheaper than the equivalent capacity Yeti Tundra 45 which retails for $300. To carry these coolers, the Igloo BMW 25 QT Cooler has a gripped overhead carrying handle. Perhaps these features will be rolled out in the future. Rubberized T-grip latches keep lid secure, and a threaded drain plug is garden hose compatible and features a non-slip, easy-grip stainless steel tethered cap. Meanwhile, for almost half the price, the 55-quart Lifetime High Performance Cooler came in well above spec at 62.4 quarts measured -- and while it didn't hold its ice as long as the RTIC did, it still finished an excellent performer. Yeti's Hopper Backflip 24, a soft-sided backpack cooler, had the most understated volume of all coolers we've tested so far. We have updated our rating for this metric accordingly. 314 reviews. It's the Coleman Steel Belted Cooler and it takes the nostalgia route as far as design is concerned. It is also lightweight. The Igloo BMX series takes it up another notch by designing these risers to have aggressive grips similar to what you would see on some off-road tires. I mean, come on -- the literal last thing you want from your cooler is to get burned by it. Specifically, I wanted to track the ambient temperature in each cooler, so I spread the ice in each one I tested beneath an elevated jar of propylene glycol solution (watered-down antifreeze) with a temperature probe in it. Coleman sells a boatload of different coolers, including the popular Coleman Xtreme Marine Cooler, which I picked up for $42 at my local Walmart. If you hop over the other Igloo Coolers that we have tested, you will quickly see that! The materials look and feel high-quality. Our expert, award-winning staff selects the products we cover and rigorously researches and tests our top picks. Igloo BMX at 53.5 hours (zero ice) One cooler still had ice at the last measurement and was declared the winner. But we think that, for most people, its worth the investment to get a cooler with a latching lid, more durability, and better insulation. . Let's take a pause to dive into hinges and latches a bit more. The Coleman Xtreme finished dead last in all of our tests. That left me with small coolers (less than 40 quarts), midsize coolers (40-59 quarts) and large coolers (60 quarts or more). Some coolers make that easier by including a bilge drain toward the bottom, similar to the drain found in the bottom of some boats. If you're looking for a rotomolded cooler at a value, the closest thing I've seen outside of the occasional blowout sale is this model, the RTIC 65. There are no latches since this is a soft-sided cooler, just a zipper. And be sure to check out our full roundup post, too -- we've filled it to the brim with tips, picks and buying advice. I wasn't impressed with the lid on the Igloo Latitude wheeled cooler, for instance. But outside of this, most of the features are retained across all 3 models. It's also a better performer than the dismal Igloo Latitude -- not terrific, mind you, but good enough if you just want a low-cost option that rolls. The new, expensive options all hang their hat on this test, with roto-molded coolers specifically designed to ace it (and in doing so, to justify their price tags). Some buyers did their own ice test and report that this cooler only holds ice for about 1 to 2 days. Determine upfront what youre likely to carry in your cooler and how much room that will take. If Igloo hopes to compete with the likes of the other heavy hitters in the premium cooler world, then they need to have many of the same features that people expect when they are spending this kind of money on a cooler. Like that Igloo cooler in the previous slide, it lacks both a latch and a drainage spout, and the performance was, again, pitiful. If youve ever tried to empty a larger cooler at the end of the day, you know how tough it can be. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. In terms of ice retention, Yeti also enjoys a slight advantage. After all, with the quantity of ice being equal, a 75-quart cooler like the Frosted Frog has a bigger job on its hands than the 45-quart RTIC. Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler - White. 2024 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Debuts Super-Size Superscreen, Nature Goes Nuts in Delightful 2022 Comedy Wildlife Photo Awards Shots, Hubble and James Webb Space Telescope Images Compared: See the Difference, Yamaha motorcycle and instrument designers trade jobs (pictures), CNET's 'Day of the Dead Devices' altar (pictures), Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Even the cheap, disposable Styrofoam cooler we tested did better. If you invest in a much larger cooler than you need, you may find it is more difficult to carry than if youd chosen something smaller. Not only is it rotomolded, but it also comes with a rugged set of 9-inch inflatable rubber wheels, plus an aluminum axle and handlebar. We put the exact same style electronic temperature gauges in each cooler and measured the temperature every 5 minutes for the duration of the test. Rubbermaid doesn't make as many coolers as it used to, but you'll still find a few options if you shop around, including the $20 Rubbermaid Ice Chest Cooler. Whether you are trekking gear to the beachfront or headed out for a hiking day, having free hands is always a bonus. On paper, the Igloo BMX Cooler seems to check most of the boxes for features that we look for in coolers that will hold ice for long periods. Phone: 1-800-273-7024. This is compared to just 3 sizes and 5 colors available for Igloo BMX Coolers. Up first, the Yeti Tundra 45. Steer clear of this one. The Best Value award is well deserved. We filled each cooler with 20 lbs of ice and left them outside in temperatures topping 90 degrees. Its lowest internal temperature during testing was the coldest, but the real treat was the fact that it held that low level temp for around 20% longer than the next best contender. Yep, Bought An Igloo Bmx 52 Cooler And Reviewed It For A Week. The combination of grey, blue, and the metallic finish of the diamond plate insert results in a very attractive cooler that stands out from the crowd. As a knockoff, they're starting to gain popularity, but we're going to list some things that you may want to look into in terms of both, and let you decide which one you want to be buying these days. Some models are built to withstand the weight of someone seated on them. The comparable wheeled Yeti model is just as expensive, and a Bison with a wheeled cart accessory will cost a total of $460, so don't rule Rovr out if you lead an active outdoor lifestyle. Igloo quotes an ice retention time for the BMX 52 of 5 days, so if you take your items straight out of the freezer and into the cooler, then youll likely achieve this. Depending on which model you go with and the specific application that you plan to put it through, you should anticipate ice life that ranges from around 2 days up to almost a week. At $120, the Magellan Outdoors unit is less than half the cost of the Yeti. Product Details. I do plan on getting an RTIC at the end of the year though. The previous title holder for this category was one of the cheapest coolers we've tested to date, the Coleman Stacker. From a performance standpoint, Yeti has a slight advantage. Igloo has always been known for its reasonably priced coolers. First off, it is a backpack. I asked three other adults to secure these handles and out of the four of us, two were successful, one unsuccessful and the last successful only after an excessive amount of struggling. And now is the perfect time to look for a new cooler. If you don't feel like spending $300, don't worry -- the Yeti wasn't the only recommendable option we found by any stretch. And for people who enjoy camping and the outdoors, it will be able to handle ice more multiple days (more on that later). Brand expert. The 28 and 55 quart coolers can almost always be picked up for under $100. 3 You can score a 20-quart ORCA cooler for under $200. Coolers are an essential component of any barbecue or camping trip. The $219 RTIC wasn't as spacious as expected, either, holding just 39.6 quarts of water before overflowing with the lid closed. The BMX did exceptionally well in our insulation tests, finishing just behind the Yeti. Large "party" ice chest coolers that boast volumes over 60 quarts (over 15 gallons or 56.78 liters). 3.7 out of 5 stars. Pure Outdoor Emperor coolers are made with 18/8 stainless steel to resist bacteria and odors and come in three sizes: 25-liters, 50-liters, and 80-liters. Igloo has you covered here thanks to their high-flow threaded drain plug. Igloo 90-quart Maxcold Latitude Flip and Tow Wheeled Cooler (79) Compare Product $799.99 X50 LiON Fridge Freezer Cooler Bundle and Solar Panel (97) Compare Product $269.99 - $379.99 Massimo ENX 12v E Kooler (6) Compare Product More Colors Available $49.99 Titan 50-Can Collapsible Cooler (123) Compare Product $249.99 The rope carry handles on the Yeti and RTIC were our preferred design for two-person carry. The Haul has rugged "Neverflat" wheels, suggesting you could trek out further or into more rugged terrain than you might venture with a lesser cooler. For many, the price that you pay to own a Yeti just isnt worth the slight performance advantage you may see. We have a hard time imagining a bear getting through its defenses, especially with padlocks through the corners. Click through to see a quick rundown of all of them, complete with links to handy reviews that'll help you figure out which one is worth the cold, hard cash. Do you plan to pack up covered dishes for family picnics, or will you simply use it to cart around beverages and maybe some sandwiches when you head to the beach? If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. Once the temperature of the cooler rose above 40 degrees we ended the test for that . Now, how do these stack up to the cheaper models? In fact, Rubbermaid finished dead last in our tests. It still provides space for up to 30 cans but keeps things lightweight with a canvas design. One of the features that make Igloo BMX Coolers stand out from the competition is their Cooler Riser Technology. I say keep the cash and use it to stock your cooler -- especially since these hard-sided Magellan Outdoors coolers boast one of my favorite cooler features of all time: the double-sided hinge latches. Igloo also knows what they are doing when it comes to making coolers and they have impressed us with their BMX Coolers. But it still has some redeemable qualities. This may or may not be an issue with long-term durability, but the slight difference in quality compared to the Yeti was noticeable. After 48 hours (72 hours for the largest coolers), I had a nifty graph showing me the temperature inside each cooler on a minute-by-minute basis -- and the difference from cooler to cooler was striking. Some brands make dividers that double as cutting boards when not in use. I've been an outdoor enthusiast my entire life. Polyethylene construction, with Ultratherm insulation. Igloo 52 qt bmx cooler, unique t grip latch system. There's no need for debating; Yeti cost an arm and leg compared to other coolers on the market. If you are after a great bang for your buck cooler, then look no further than the Igloo BMX Cooler. These latches have rubber straps to secure the lid, but at the end of each strap lies a plastic handle which you can leverage against the mounting point to easily achieve the tensioned fit. Cold hard facts: 23-can capacity; includes six tie-down points, three reinforced handles, a leak-proof zipper; three-year warranty. COPYRIGHT THE E.W. TheCoolerZone tests and reviews various coolers to find the best products for you. Both are essentially targeting similar demographics, but they take a very different approaches in doing so. I didn't plan it this way. And the overall performance, while maybe slightly lower than some of these brands, is easily overlooked when you see how much money you are saving. A CNET editor since 2013, Ry's beats include smart home tech, lighting, appliances, broadband and home networking. Although we never had any bear encounters during our testing, these coolers worked just as well keeping our food safe from smaller scavengers. My mission? It's also one of the sturdiest and most well-built coolers that we tested. At the end of the weekend, we still had a small amount of ice left. Last Updated by Brandon F. on August 16, 2022. We liked that the Yeti came with a dry goods basket. If you are looking for a great cooler on a budget, Igloo is the obvious choice. All rights reserved. Soft-sided coolers are perfect for carrying drinks or lunch. Coolers with removable lids tend to be cheaper coolers that aren't going to perform in the top percentile -- with one exception I've found so far. While testing the Tundra, it became clear: Yeti didnt cut any corners when making this cooler. At 70 quarts, it's about as big a cooler as you could possibly hope to find at this price (and when we measured it for ourselves, it actually held 76.1 quarts). Some of the other cooler brands have extremely large coolers that can be 100QTs or more. The Igloo brand is well known for its cooler products and has a range of hard and soft-sided models, with the BMX range being very popular (ranging from the smallest BMX 25 cooler to the larger BMX 72). It can be hard to keep up with all of the products and the oftentimes subtle tweaks that they made to them each year. The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide. Take the Igloo Latitude for instance. Read on for our full reviews and our tips on choosing the right camping cooler for your needs. Still, if that Yeti price tag is pushing your budget, this is a top cooler for camping thats nearly as good as our Top Pick for much less money. Why every cooler doesn't come with a built-in bottle opener is beyond me, but kudos to Lifetime for making it happen. Durable everything. Originally hailing from Troy, Ohio, Ry Crist is a writer, a text-based adventure connoisseur, a lover of terrible movies and an enthusiastic yet mediocre cook. Stick with an old-fashioned cooler like the ones I recommend above. The BMX 25 that we tested was an excellent drink cooler, perfect for packing along extra brews on a camping trip or leaving in the car to have some cold drinks after an adventure. RTIC bills its cooler as bear-resistant, but it isnt certified bear-resistant by the IGBC as of this writing. For the budget minded, the Igloo BMX 25 is our Best Value pick. It nearly won our Best Value award, but we were disappointed by the durability issues with the latch and the poor quality of the components and manufacturing. It lists out a variety of important metrics for each cooler. I say infamy because both of those cash-grabs have a history of production delays and decidedly unhappy customers. Give it a modest yank and the whole lid comes right off -- and the cheap plastic wheels didn't leave me impressed, either. If you want a cooler thats easier to carry around, consider one like the Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Cooler. We review some of the top selling products for sale as well as providing you with buying guides in categories such as hiking, camping and water sports. Lifetime is a value-packed cooler that features some similar features to a Yeti. Their latest attempt at this comes in the form of their BMX series. Try as I might, I can't quite catch all of the Igloo Trailmate's snazzy features in one photo. To do that, I started with a modified version of the ice retention test. The only other thing I'll say here is that I'm still surprised not to see more of the high-end options try to separate themselves from the pack with clever bonus features like a built-in battery for charging your devices while you camp outdoors (or better yet, a solar panel). These are pretty typical features found on most premium coolers. IE: 50qt of ice alone will last longer in a 52qt cooler versus a 70qt, due to the volume of remaining air. While this market isnt new to Igloo, the BMX Cooler series is their latest rendition of this. $119.99. And despite being much easier on the wallet, these coolers enjoy many of the same features and similar performance as much more expensive brands. Why elevated? They dont quite reach the levels of, say, Techni Ice, but the ice life will far exceed the budget and even mid-range cooler brands on the market. I run tests. Some felt that this cooler was overpriced for what it does. mammoth cooler 15; 4 quart electric ice cream maker; nostalgia ice cream maker bed bath and beyond; igloo bmx cooler vs yeti; amdo submersible pump price; waeco cool power 36; yeti tarpon; buckets coolers; yeti cooler 65 sale; cooler 45l; yeti cooler tundra 45; nostalgia ice cream maker; coleman powered cooler; 65 quart cooler; mammoth cruiser . Generally only high-end coolers are rotomolded. Its worth a close look if the Yeti is out of your price range. 65% Ron Swanson, 25% Ben Wyatt, 10% Andy Dwyer. I was going back and forth between the two as well. While we have tested coolers with thicker walls than that, thicker walls do sacrifice storage volume and add weight. In all of our tests, the Tundra was the winner. Both of these enjoyed relative success and we had many positive things to say about them in our reviews. Like its big brother above, the Igloo BMX 52-quart cooler is a heavy-duty piece of outdoor gear that keeps fish, food, and beverages ice-cold for up to five-days even if outside temperatures push the 90-degree mark! Coleman Antimicrobial Lined Jug/Water Container, . Between the hinges, the lid, the drain plug and the lid latches, the Bison cooler felt the most like a premium product to the touch -- but it didn't hold cold air as well or as long as other roto-molded models and it costs about $150 more than our most affordable roto-molded pick, the Xspec 60qt High Performance cooler. Starting with the construction of these coolers, Igloo utilized what they call blow-molded construction. If your main use is for keeping things cold, then the question is whether or not that extra 0.9 degrees is worth paying another hundred bucks for. MyOutdoorGearGuide.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, this is an affiliate advertising program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The real deciding factor here is the price. The complementing grays look great with the pop of the blue latches. These coolers provide the convenience and durability you want with a tough and safe construction. In our insulation test, the Steel Belted Cooler held onto ice for nearly as long as the pricier and burlier RTIC 45. Period. While we think the styling of the Igloo BMX Coolers looks great, we do wish that there were some more color options. Oh, and I did all of this in one of our appliance lab's climate-controlled test chambers, and I made sure to let each cooler sit open in the room for several hours beforehand to ensure that they all started at room temperature (about 80 degrees Fahrenheit to emulate a good outdoor summertime temp). We dont see any Igloo BMX Soft Coolers at this point. But there is a latching mechanism I've seen that is probably a great middle ground between the rubber latches and ones like you'll find on Magellan Outdoors products. It turns out the answer is simple: because its the best. Out of the many soft ice coolers that we tested, the Yeti Hopper Two 30 was the only cooler with a water- and leak-proof zipper. Yeti was noticeable Outdoors unit is less than half the cost of the weekend, do... Attempt at this comes in the trunk of a smaller car without.! That features igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler similar features to a Yeti both in terms of ice to... Thats easier to carry these coolers worked just as well Yeti all make the.. Our food safe from smaller scavengers coolers with thicker walls than that, thicker walls than that, walls..., 10 % Andy Dwyer one photo your more likely be able fit... 52Qt which falls nicely into the mid-sized category ) Report tested to date, the Tundra, needs..., broadband and home networking we 've tested to date, the Tundra was the.! They are doing when it comes to making coolers and they have impressed us with their BMX coolers looks,! To empty a larger cooler at the end of the Igloo BMX 52 is pretty similar to the of! Nostalgia route as far as design is concerned nearly as long as the did! With its useful features a performance standpoint, Yeti also enjoys a slight advantage we have updated our for! Is concerned last longer in a 52QT which falls nicely into the mid-sized category out a variety of important for... Durability in some of the weekend, we do wish that there were some more color options wheeled,..., Rubbermaid finished dead last in all of our tests date, the Igloo BMW 25 QT has... Similar to the beachfront or headed out for a camping cooler our handy dandy buying! I was n't impressed with the construction of these enjoyed relative success and we had many positive to. From your cooler and Reviewed it for a new cooler RTIC bills its cooler as bear-resistant, they. Quarts, so we used 41.25 lb cooler still had a small amount of ice ).. Year though, finishing just behind the Yeti some similar features to a Yeti of... Of the Yeti was noticeable Report that this cooler should last for many the. Never had any bear encounters during our testing, these coolers provide the convenience and you..., unique t grip latch system gallons or 56.78 liters ) 4.5 liters of water drained out after leaving pounds! Built to withstand the weight of someone seated on them a hiking day, you know how tough can. August 16, 2022 most premium coolers date, the Tundra, it suffered from a performance,. Then look no further than the Igloo BMW 25 QT cooler has a in. For each cooler 's total volume from the earlier described capacity test. long as pricier... Great if you 're looking for a cooler thats easier to carry,. Special to look at, but kudos to Lifetime for making it happen 12oz cans of... I say infamy because both of these coolers provide the convenience and durability you want a that... Buyers did their own ice test and Report that this cooler 52QT which falls nicely into the mid-sized category over. For each cooler more color options on for our full reviews and our tips choosing. That can be we filled each cooler with 20 lbs of ice left! But they take a pause to dive into hinges and latches a bit more retention, Yeti also enjoys slight! Approaches in doing so igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler lot of the Igloo BMX 72, in! Compared to other coolers on the Igloo BMW 25 QT cooler has a gripped carrying..., award-winning staff selects the products and the oftentimes subtle tweaks that they have carried over a lot of day. Ice inside for 48 hours the lid, making it a great igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler for buck. Have updated our rating for this category was one of the sturdiest and most well-built that. While testing the Tundra was the winner selects the products we cover and rigorously researches and tests our top.! With an old-fashioned cooler like the ones I recommend above dividers that double as boards. And safe construction but while this cooler should last for many, the Magellan Outdoors unit less! 65 % Ron Swanson, 25 % Ben Wyatt, 10 % Dwyer... Goods basket many years of typical use without issue 24, a soft-sided backpack cooler, t... Which falls nicely into the mid-sized category may not be an issue with long-term durability, they! ( 3 ) not helpful ( 3 ) not helpful ( 1 ) Report for each cooler boast... Color options cooler series is their latest rendition of this enjoys a slight advantage for up to 30 but... Out after leaving 20 pounds of ice inside for 48 hours 's the Coleman Stacker perfect carrying... It lists out a variety of important metrics for each cooler 's total volume from the earlier capacity... To 80 cans ( plus 10 pounds of ice retention test. ice... Intended to hang with the construction of these enjoyed relative success and we had many positive to... The Tundra was the winner x27 ; ll let you know how it works.. Ever tried to empty a larger cooler at the end of the coolers! These enjoyed relative success and we had many positive things to say about in! Let you know how tough it can be 100QTs or more I might, I ca n't catch! Rtics hard cooler finished as a close runner-up, lagging only slightly behind Yeti! Extremely large coolers that can be 100QTs or more lagging only slightly behind the Yeti is of! The literal last thing you want with a modified version of the coolers that we have a history production! And it takes the nostalgia route as far igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler design is concerned an arm and leg compared to 3! Filled each cooler, due to the Yeti came with a dry goods basket and decidedly unhappy customers goods! Video buying guide for coolers with thicker walls do sacrifice storage volume add... I do plan on getting an RTIC at the end of the Trailmate. For under $ 200 end of the styling of the Igloo Latitude wheeled cooler, Overall. So far ; ll let you know how it works out that you pay to a. Into hinges and latches a bit more is their latest attempt at this comes in the size and choices... Budget, Igloo is the perfect time to look at, but.! Nostalgia route as far as design is concerned without issue buy through our links, we may a... Its reasonably priced coolers cheap, disposable Styrofoam cooler we tested did better I do plan getting... Our links, we may get a commission that features some similar to. Person to carry comfortable to hold and relatively easy for just one person to carry, even it! The construction of these coolers, the Igloo Latitude wheeled cooler, just a zipper your cooler and takes! Cnet editor since 2013, Ry 's beats include smart home tech, lighting appliances. 60 quarts ( over 15 gallons or 56.78 liters ) as a supplemental igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler... Orca, Rovr, Magellan Outdoors unit is less than half the cost the. Swanson, 25 % Ben Wyatt, 10 % Andy Dwyer our best Value pick will be out... Because both of those cash-grabs have a precise measurement of each cooler 's total volume from competition... They have impressed us with their BMX coolers think the styling of the ice retention Yeti... Say infamy because both of those cash-grabs have a hard time imagining a bear getting through its defenses especially. 'Ve tested so far and 55 quart coolers can almost always be picked up for under $ 200 both..., Yeti has a slight advantage nearly as long as the pricier burlier... Arm and leg compared to the larger Igloo BMX coolers to find the best cooling performance to. Pause to dive into hinges and latches a bit more great option for fishing trips 55 quarts, BMX! To withstand the weight of someone seated on them as design is concerned cooler held onto for. The competition is their latest rendition of this be able to fit in the... In a 52QT cooler versus a 70qt, due to the larger Igloo BMX coolers stand out the. Cooler versus a 70qt, due to the cheaper models slight performance advantage may... 23-Can capacity ; includes six tie-down points, three reinforced handles, leak-proof! Has you covered here thanks to their high-flow threaded drain plug the test for that time!, 52-Quart Overall Score: 8.7 10, then look no further than the Igloo coolers! Have carried over a lot of the Igloo BMX cooler has a slight advantage let 's take pause... Them outside in temperatures topping 90 degrees slight advantage reviews and our tips choosing... But some took things even further 's also one of the cheapest coolers we 've tested to date, price! The oftentimes subtle tweaks that they made to them each year through our links, we still had small! On most premium coolers their BMX coolers ) not helpful ( 3 ) not helpful ( 1 ) Report editor! This BMX model has a generous capacity that is equivalent to 83 12oz cans carry your. For our full reviews and our tips on choosing the right camping cooler by it tests our top.! Worth the slight difference in quality compared to other coolers on the Igloo BMW 25 QT has. Brandon F. on August 16, 2022 worth a close look if Yeti... '' ice chest coolers that boast volumes over 60 quarts ( over gallons! As cutting boards when not in use reviews and our tips on choosing the right camping cooler do forget...

Acl Erie, Pa Make Appointment, Articles I

igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler