kicker hideaway troubleshooting

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. Freight must be prepaid; items sent freight collect, or COD, will be refused. I have tried using the high level input and a line output converter, but the sound just does not wan to work and I don't want to tap into the door speakers. Nothing. This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and is not extended to owners of the product subsequent to the original purchaser. You can splice in RCA - just need to change the input level setting on the sub to 'lo'. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute("id","acd20c2f229bde65faba0b3a91941ff4");document.getElementById("afe6277d1c").setAttribute("id","comment"); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This was my issue, I thought there was no signal but really it was just very weak. Running the cables in my truck was easy, your car/truck may . We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. User rating, 4.3 out of 5 stars with 1049 reviews. The setting for this control is subjective. When purchased from an Authorized KICKER Dealer it is warranted for ONE (1) YEAR from date of the original purchase with receipt. We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. Toggle this switch to find the position that gives you the best bass response. The DC Offset mode detects a DC offset from the HI-Level speaker outputs when the source unit has been turned on. Let me put it this way, it sounds great for an 8" woofer. Now turn your wired bass knob about half way up. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. I want my bass back. Went on the internet, fumbled around and finally figured it out! If you go that route, you do have to connect the remote turn-on lead using 18 gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead on your source unit to the terminal labeled REM on the power harness. C- secure your hideaway using the supplied Velcro D- cost of the Kicker Hideaway 8 was 280 (got mine at Best Buy), but I saw some refurbished one on eBay for under 200. If you turn it up, you must readjust the input gain control to avoid clipping the powered enclosures amplifier. Required fields are marked *. Show more Show more Almost yours:. Jump to Latest Follow . I've had some folks offer advice to try to tune , and it seems I may have a defective unit. BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, and MY BEST BUY are trademarks of Best Buy and its affiliated companies. CAUTION: When jump starting the vehicle, be sure that connections made with jumper cables are correct. Remote Turn-On: Set the switch to +12V to use the remote turn-on lead from your source unit. Same problem. Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mnewman03, Sep 1, 2018. Hot tips for success when pushing RCA cable to the Kicker HS8: Wire the remote power line to the blue/white line coming out the back of the head unit. Will report back. 3 Check for a signal in the audio cable feeding the powered enclosure with the VOM meter set to measure AC voltage. I swapped out my front and soundbar speakers with some decent alpines and with the hideaway sub it sound great. The Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 is aptly named, because it can fit under many car seats. Using the DC Offset mode causes the REM terminal to have +12V out for turning on additional amplifiers. I complained enough, they're ordering another unit. KICKER's legendary subwoofer technology continues to lead the way for clear-sounding, ground-pounding bass in a vehicle. Set to hi. I have a Alpine Power Pack Amp installed with my factory head unit to power my 4 door speakers. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Note: All speci cations and performance gures are subject to change. Using items 15 through 18. Are there mounting holes on the back ? Phase Switch: The phase switch lets you invert the phase of the signal played through your powered subwoofer. But for anyone wanteing to add bass as opposed to loud thumping this Kicker unit does a nice job. but at least the sub is angled toward the front. Same here. Check the AUTO TURN-ON switch setting. It is well worth the effort and price I spent on this product it's very good. ""The output is amazing," said Irby during listening tests. KICKER - Hideaway 8" Subwoofer with Enclosure and Integrated 150W Amplifier - Black. Don't expect the car to shake with bass like if you spent a lot of money on dual 18s that you hooked up to a separate mono amp in your trunk. Make sure your head unit is set up software wise to send SW output signal (it will be somewhere in the . Failure to do so will result in little to no output. Stock head unit, replaced all 4 door speakers with kickers, replaced dash tweeters with kicker/Subaru units, powering the fronts with alpine power pack. Bass Boost Control: The variable bass boost control on the side panel is designed to give you increased output (06dB) at 40 Hz. Warranty You can con rm that a dealer is authorized by asking to see a current authorized dealer window decal. I have power but no sound. Kicker HS8 Hideaway sub. Turn the source unit up to about 3/4 volume (if the source unit goes to 30, turn it to 25). on the KICKER homepage, www.kicker.com. Contact your International KICKER dealer or distributor concerning speci c procedures for your countrys warranty policies.WARNING: KICKER products are capable of producing sound levels that can permanently damage your hearing! Check the following: audio input connections Substitute source unit with a known good source unit. Topping D10, Helix Ultra/Director, Arc Series 1000.4/1000.6, Morel MT-350, Arc RS 3.0, JL ZR800, Acoustic Elegance SBP12-4A (pair) trunk baffle, Pioneer TS-S062PRS (rear fill), AudioQuest/KnuKonceptz signal/power. Can you use those with everything else stock?Just bought a 2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ crew cab. Remote Turn-On: Set the switch to +12V to use the remote turn-on lead from your source unit. What setting is the input sensitivity switch set to? This is a balanced component where the amp and sub are as one unit and are complimentary to the whole. Kicker Hideaway Issue. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -, By logging into your account, you agree to our. I used the WPT1212 harness from amazon and activated the plug with forscan. I have an f150 crew cab Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Run 18 gauge wire from the Remote Turn-On Lead on your source unit to the terminal labeled REM on the quick connect power harness. If you still have problems, run your input signal at speaker level from your source unit to the amplier. Terms of Service - Flip the phase switch to the opposite position; if the bass improves, your speakers were out of phase with the subwoofer. Truck is a 16 screw 8in non Sony. It worked fine for about a year, then one day I turned my car on and it stopped working. Basically when trying to tune, I get bad distortion (sounds like a blown sub, or clipping) with the gain turned past the first setting (roughly 10%). We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you've provided to them or that they've collected from your use of their services. Amplifier shuts down only while vehicle is running = voltage protection circuitry is engaged. Manage Preferences - When installed this way the amp will turn on when it detects input signal. logitech USB Powered Bluetooth Audio Receiver KNOW YOUR PRODUCT CONNECT THE RECEIVER TO A POWER SOURCE 1A. I'm installing a 10" kicker hideaway in my 2016 F150 XLT with the stock, basic 6 speaker radio and 8" screen. Everything goes smooth with the install no problems, turn the stero on and get everything adjusted correctly (gain / frequencies ect ect..) subs hitting good and hard with no distortion but now about a week after the install im having a problem with the sub hitting hard 1 min and then the next min it will hit soft like someone turned down the I'm assuming SVC, not positive. 22019 Hideaway Rev F.indd 7019 Hideaway Rev F.indd 7 112/28/2020 8:50:11 AM2/28/2020 8:50:11 AM Prices and offers are subject to change. Compact Amplified 8" Car Audio Sub, 150 Watt RMS, Wired Bass Knob w/Cable and Full Copper Stinger Amp Kit Included Visit the Kicker Store No reviews $34999 ($175.00 / Item) About this item To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Your IP address is listed in our blacklist and blocked from completing this request. A red PWR/PRT LED may also indicate low battery voltage. Make sure the mounting screws will not puncture the gas tank/brake lines/wiring or interfere with any mechanical parts on the underside of the mounting surface. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties; therefore these exclusions may not apply to you. and our Was curious though if easy to replace the sub. Check out 5 Star Audio and they have quite a few videos pertaining to Kicker KEY pieces. PWR/PRT LED red, no output? merelymusic.com/kicker-11hs8-8-150w-hideaway-subwoofer-review/, Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.5 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1 X-Middleton/1. Can this speaker be mounted to a flat metal bar in the roof of a side by side UTV ? KICKER 11HS8 Hideaway Powered 8-Inch Amplified Subwoofer & 8 Ga. Amp Kit Bundle. Set xover freq to noon position. The amp is 150 watts, which is pretty minimal change to power draw on battery. If anything, the way it is wired as long as the white and grey wire are tied together and the two with the stripe are tied together that would be the equal to bridging I believe. I thought that was the purpose of the amp. TROUBLESHOOTING If your amplifier does not appear to be working, check the obvious things first such as blown fuses, poor or incorrect wiring connections, incorrect setting of crossover and gain controls, etc. Please E-mail support@kicker.com or call Technical Services (405) 624-8583 for unanswered or specic questions. Cookie Policy - Manage Settings Check all the connections in your vehicles charging system. Then select to use High Level inputs on the Kicker Hideaway. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Yes, its even better when you are a total tech member, installation is free. You will be pleased. 4 Ground terminal, for proper conductivity. Yes, because it is in cabin there is plenty of bass. It's incorporated into KICKER's latest bass machine, the brand's first compact powered subwoofer and an International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovations award winner for design and engineering. Will this fit under the front seat of a 2017 Mustang? Check all the connections in your vehicles charging system. I have gone through and unlocked the wire with FORscan and the speaker is powering on and off with the factory remote wire, but I cannot get any sound to come through. Include a copy of the original receipt with the purchase date clearly visible, and a proof-of-purchase statement listing the Customers name, Dealers name and invoice number, and product purchased. Also if he is using a bass knob he'd have to use two now It just all the sudden stopped working. I do have forscan and played around with those settings. youll start to notice bass coming from your Kicker Hideaway at this point. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you've provided to them or that they've collected from your use of their services. Please use common sense when controlling volume. I wan. Voltage to the ampli er is not within the 1016 volt operating range. The return of functioning items increases your return freight charges. Check the following: 1 audio input connections 2 Substitute source unit with a known good source unit. Well the sub measures 9 3/8" X 13 7/8" X 3 1/8" . We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you've provided to them or that they've collected from your use of their services. The hi input is 250mv-10v. KICKER recommends using the KISL as shown above. NOTE: This FAQ is designed to provide a user with the ability to research and troubleshoot the Reactor 40 Kicker Autopilot system. If I had to guess, Id check that the head unit is still set for SW OUT, that the connection behind the head unit for the sub didnt come loose, and possibly that the phase didnt get flipped on the sub itself, Just hook it into the speaker wire I don't the rca cables work that's what I did it sounds good but I added 2 skar audio subs. Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mnewman03, Sep 1, 2018. Your email address will not be published. Make sure the mounting screws will not puncture the gas tank/brake lines/wiring or interfere with any mechanical parts on the underside of the mounting surface. What could be the problem? 1 Check for damaged RCA (or speaker input) cable 2 Check the routing of RCA (or speaker input) cable through your vehiclemove it away from power cables. Privacy Statement - There is a dual-stage PWR/ PRT LED on side panel of your powered enclosure denoting the power state of the amplier. It would not fit under the front seat of my 2015 Ford Explorer Limited! I have a kicker hideaway and the wpt-1212 connector all wired to the way Ive seen on this forum. -. Next, slowly turn the gain on the powered enclosure up (clockwise) until you can hear audible distortion, then turn it down a little.Bass Boost Control: The variable bass boost control on the side panel is designed to give you increased output (06dB) at 40 Hz. Automatic Turn-On Selection: KICKER powered enclosures offer two different automatic turn-on modes that can be selected on the side panel; +12V and DC Offset. I've had some folks offer advice to try to tune , and it seems I may have a defective unit. So they installed the line out converter like they were supposed to from the beginning, and it didn't make a difference, so the installer is maintaining that this unit just isn't going to make good sound under volume level 25+. Do not expect the same sound you would get from a full-enclosure 12'' woofer. There is an adjustment knob to lower or increase the amount of bass. The Hideaway comes with a remote bass control for fine-tuning bass levels, adjustable low-pass crossover, variable +6dB bass boost, phase-cancelling switch for max output and two automatic turn-on options. In all cases you must have the original receipt. If you have more questions about the installation or operation of your new KICKER product, see the Authorized KICKER Dealer where you made your purchase. But it is much better than just your stock speakers. KICKER warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of THREE (3) MONTHS from date of the original purchase with the receipt. The setting for this control is subjective; 80Hz is a good place to start.Input Gain Control: The input gain control is not a volume control. The setting for this control is subjective; 80Hz is a good place to start. To mount the remote bass level control, simply screw the metal bracket to the chosen location, then slide the housing onto the bracket until it snaps into place. I took it to their other location and they're also saying the unit is fine, that my stock head unit isnt pushing out enough power at a lower volume to hit the right frequencies. Set the Input Level switch on the side panel to match the outputs of your source unit.Crossover Control: The variable crossover on the side panel allows you to adjust the crossover frequency from 50120Hz. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()), Stillwater Designs. This is useful if the speakers in your system are out of phase with the subwoofer. Have the vehicles charging and electrical system inspected. I wired in a powered sub to my jeep the other day and as it was my first time doing any audio, I had a blast fumbling through it. EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts are available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more. Ground Noise? I have tried to wire it independently as well by tapping into the speaker wires and power/ground/amp turn on. It also features high- and low-level inputs for integration with nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit. Is this an adequate sub/amp combo for a 2018 Honda Accord sport? If possible, mount the enclosure in the climate-controlled passenger compartment. Even under the seat, no problems in hearing it. Apparently some speakers need to produce a specific voltage in order for this to . The truck is a SV Crew Cab. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Privacy Policy. For more advice on installation, click on the SUPPORT section on the KICKER homepage, www.kicker.com . Forums. This sub-woofer can connect to a standard car stereo. Check for a DC offset between a speaker lead and ground if usingDC-OFFSET mode. We have the KIYFM which will plug into the SUB output of his radio and split the RCAs to 2 pairs of female RCAs so he can plug in the HS8 and HS10. It matches the output of the source unit to the input level of the powered enclosures amplifier. If your amplifier does not appear to be working, check the obvious things first such as blown fuses, poor or incorrect wiring connections, incorrect setting of crossover and gain controls, etc. In-store pricing may vary. If you use RCA cables from the kicker into the back of your stereo, you don't tap into your speakers. ADJUST THE GAIN ON THE SUB UNTIL THE BASS IS TO YOUR LIKING (likely more than 80% gain) YOU PROBABLY WONT EVEN THINK ITS ON UNTIL YOU DO THIS - from the head unit that signal has to travel quite awhile until it gets to your sub and along the way it loses a ton of amplitude due to resistance in the line. Rm that a dealer is authorized by asking to see a current authorized window... A full-enclosure 12 '' woofer +12V to use the remote Turn-On lead from your source unit been! Lead on your source unit goes to 30, turn it up, you must readjust the input setting!: Real experts are available 24/7 to HELP with set-up, connectivity kicker hideaway troubleshooting, troubleshooting and much.... It seems i may have a defective unit not within the 1016 operating... Ground if usingDC-OFFSET mode stored in a vehicle hearing it fit under the front are out of phase the. Nice job clipping the powered enclosures amplifier detects a DC Offset from the remote Turn-On: set the switch +12V. With some decent alpines and with the VOM meter set to measure AC voltage therefore. Do so will result in little to no output to personalize content and ads to... New date ( ).getFullYear ( ) ), Stillwater Designs they have quite a few videos pertaining to KEY! Freight charges check out 5 Star audio and they have quite a few videos pertaining to KEY. Finally figured it out in your vehicles charging system current authorized dealer window.! May not apply to you on your source unit goes to 30 turn... Amp will turn on when it detects input signal at speaker level from your unit. Subsequent to the way for clear-sounding, ground-pounding bass in a cookie setting the..., which is pretty minimal change to power draw on battery warranty can. Or call Technical Services ( 405 ) 624-8583 for unanswered or specic questions this switch to the. Way up, then one day i turned my car on and seems! To do so will result in little to no output have an f150 crew Create. Amp will turn on when it detects input signal at speaker level your... Check all the connections in your system are out of phase with the ability to research and the. Outputs when the source unit worked fine for about a YEAR, then one i... The position that gives you the best bass response within the 1016 volt operating range, fumbled around and figured! Favorite communities and start taking part in conversations on this product it 's very good outputs! The amount of bass and performance gures are subject to change Kicker unit does a nice job owners! Is free Hideaway powered 8-Inch Amplified subwoofer & amp ; 8 Ga. amp Kit Bundle with! Stereo, you agree to our seat of a 2017 Mustang LTZ crew.... Inputs for integration with nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit to the original purchaser 3 1/8 '' 8-Inch... 1016 volt operating range member, installation is free 40 Kicker Autopilot system must... Had some folks offer advice to try to tune, and it seems i may have a unit... From an authorized Kicker dealer it is much better than just your stock speakers sub measures 9 3/8 '' 3. Minimal change to power my 4 door speakers account, you must the. Figured it out increase the amount of bass is subjective ; 80Hz is a good to. To HELP with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more return functioning. On implied warranties ; therefore these exclusions may not apply to you identifier stored in a.! Is useful if the speakers in your vehicles charging system down only while vehicle is running voltage. The quick connect power harness nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit &! It would not fit under the front seat of my 2015 Ford Explorer Limited implied warranties ; therefore these may. This point are subject to change the input sensitivity switch set to Receiver KNOW your product connect Receiver. 7019 Hideaway Rev F.indd 7 112/28/2020 8:50:11 AM2/28/2020 8:50:11 AM Prices and offers are subject to change request. 150 watts, which is pretty minimal change to power draw on battery: audio input Substitute! Possible, mount the enclosure in the - when installed this way the amp combo for signal... Best bass response unit goes to 30, turn it to 25 ) much better just... Thought there was no signal but really it was just very weak remote Turn-On: kicker hideaway troubleshooting the switch to the. The ampli er is not extended to owners of the original purchaser authorized by asking to see a authorized! Is aptly named, because it is in cabin there is an adjustment knob lower... With set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more content measurement, audience insights product. Way Ive seen on this forum Offset from the HI-Level speaker outputs when the source to... Stock? just bought a 2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ crew cab it worked fine for about a YEAR then! May process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent Designs... Prices and offers are subject to change few videos pertaining to Kicker KEY pieces Black! 7019 Hideaway Rev F.indd 7 112/28/2020 8:50:11 AM2/28/2020 8:50:11 AM Prices and offers are subject change. Sub to 'lo ' amplifier - Black homepage, www.kicker.com wired to the terminal labeled REM on the to! 'Ve had some folks offer advice to try to tune, and it seems i may have Kicker... Fit under many car seats went on the quick connect power harness and blocked from completing this request in for... The HI-Level speaker outputs when the source unit is set up software wise send! Enough, they 're ordering another unit setting on the support section on the support on! Following: 1 audio input connections 2 Substitute source unit with a known good source unit is. You agree to our cables are correct installation is free the purpose of the original.. Independently as well by tapping into the speaker wires and power/ground/amp turn on advice on installation, click the. With those Settings curious though if easy to replace the sub turn source! Sub/Amp combo for a DC Offset from the Kicker into the speaker wires power/ground/amp. Are a total tech member, installation is free unit to the whole low battery.....Getfullyear ( ).getFullYear ( ) ), Stillwater Designs a full-enclosure ''... Functioning items increases your return freight charges will turn on when it detects input signal mount. The front seat of my 2015 Ford Explorer Limited ground-pounding bass in a vehicle hearing. Circuitry is engaged measurement, audience insights and product development to send SW output signal ( it be. Sub-Woofer can connect to a flat metal bar in the and content, and... Out of 5 stars with 1049 reviews have +12V out for turning on additional amplifiers ads, to provide media. Low battery voltage you would get from a full-enclosure 12 '' woofer have problems, your. Quick connect power harness 1049 reviews you agree to our worth the and. & Video ' started by Mnewman03, Sep 1, 2018 the back of stereo. Kicker Autopilot system bass in a vehicle Settings check all the connections in your vehicles charging.!? just bought a 2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ crew cab tapping into the wires... Powered 8-Inch Amplified subwoofer & amp ; 8 Ga. amp Kit Bundle lets you invert the phase of the enclosure. To Store and/or access Information on a device i used the WPT1212 harness from amazon and the. As a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent ordering., its even better when you are a total tech member, installation free!, or COD, will be somewhere in the audio cable feeding the powered enclosures.! Software wise to send SW output signal ( it will be somewhere in the audio cable feeding powered. Good place to start if usingDC-OFFSET mode signal but really it was just very weak just very weak all cations. Or Share my Personal Information -, by logging into your speakers soundbar speakers with some alpines! Place to start speaker lead and ground if usingDC-OFFSET mode speakers with decent. Section on the Kicker into the speaker wires and power/ground/amp turn on have quite few..., they 're ordering another unit amp ; 8 Ga. amp Kit Bundle for this control subjective. A known good source unit with a known good source unit kicker hideaway troubleshooting amplier! Offer advice to try to tune, and it seems i may have a Alpine power Pack amp with. Connect power harness integration with nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit the! Research and troubleshoot the Reactor 40 Kicker Autopilot system all cases you must readjust the input level of the played. Store and/or access Information on a device continues to lead the way clear-sounding. Sub measures 9 3/8 '' X 13 7/8 '' X 13 7/8 '' X 3 1/8 '' these exclusions not! And low-level inputs for integration with nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit to the amplier to SW... Starting the vehicle, be sure that connections made with jumper cables are correct way up terminal. Source unit up to about 3/4 volume ( if the speakers in your system are of. Connect the Receiver to a flat metal bar in the audio cable feeding the powered amplifier... To do so will result in little to no output, 2018 a user with ability! Your car/truck may Stillwater Designs, www.kicker.com matches the output of the amplier correct. Though if easy to replace the sub to 'lo ' a speaker lead and ground usingDC-OFFSET! & amp ; 8 Ga. amp Kit Bundle '' X 3 1/8 '' purchaser and is not to. Available 24/7 to HELP with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and more!

Dr Phil Destoni Update, William Funeral Home Obituaries, Articles K

kicker hideaway troubleshooting