larry felt jan broberg

1: The Journey, Deliver Them from Evil: The Taking of Alta View, National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs, The Book of Mormon Movie, Volume 1: The Journey, Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family, "Actress steps out of character - 'Nurse Louise' to tell her story", "Volunteer gives melodramatic gift to the community", "Show Shares Story Of Pocatello Girl Kidnapped By Family Friend", "A Timeline Of The Entire 'Abducted in Plain Sight' Case", "How Robert Berchtold Got His Hooks In The Broberg Family - Grunge", "Abducted in Plain Sight Director on Why the Brobergs Were in 'Absolute Denial', "Why the Unbelievable True Story of Abducted in Plain Sight Really Is That Disturbing", "Abducted in Plain Sight: Even More Shocking Details About Jan Broberg's Kidnapping", "Netflix documentary shows how sexual predator tormented Idaho girl, family for years", "Netflix documentary 'Abducted in Plain Sight' angers viewers, Jan Broberg Felt defends parents", "Local Women to be Presented 2008 "Woman of Achievement Award" by St. George Chapter of Business and Professional Women", "St. George Chamber luncheon brings 'Everwood' star and abuse survivor Jan Broberg", "Hurricane chamber luncheon to feature Jan Broberg, subject of documentary 'Abducted in Plain Sight', https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jan_Broberg_Felt&oldid=1138653195, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 10 February 2023, at 21:06. Though the glitz and glamour entice many individuals, some people chose not to stick with it. However, it is known that shes married to a man named Larry Felt. Berchtold passed away in 2005. 1: The Journey. Firstly, at the very young age of 12, Jan became the victim of kidnapping by Robert 'B' Berchtold, a trusted family friend. In 2003, the two co-authored a book titled ". Powered by. The site also claims that both parents also engaged in sexual relationships with Berchtold.. She has since re-trained as a social worker and helps to place children in foster care. 116 posts. Recommended: Chloe Ayling: Who is the British model who was drugged and kidnapped in Italy? According to her IMDB page, she has appeared in 47 different roles between 1992 and 2019, including recurring appearances on cult TV shows like "Everwood" and "I'm Sorry." It impacted Jan as an adult., Vivian Kubrick, Stanleys Daughter: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know. This story serves as a stark reminder of the potential dangers that can exist in everyday life and the importance of being vigilant and aware of potential red flags. California Team Lakay [Photo: Mary Ann Broberg (left), Jan Broberg (center), Bob Broberg (right) via Skye Borgman Youtube]. My parents were lost in their misery and guilt. According to Refinery29, Broberg served as the Executive Director of the St. George Musical Theater in Utah between 2003 and 2007. Felt's latest acting credit is from 2020 when she starred in "Holly & Ivy," a holiday film from Hallmark. She is best known for playing the role of Louise . She says Berchtold always paid special. Jan Broberg is an American actress, singer and dancer and her net worth is estimated to be $2 million. [4][6][7][8], Broberg helped produce A Friend of the Family[9] a Peacock drama TV series, about her life. [15][16] Broberg's story was the feature of the true crime documentary Abducted in Plain Sight. Theyre the bravest people I know, willing to try to help the rest of you see what they didnt. Per IMDb, the documentary, tells the story of how one man, Robert Berchtold, kidnapped and sexually assaulted Jan Broberg (who now goes by Jan Broberg Felt). However, her parents didnt accuse him of sexual assault because she didnt say anything. She also played the mother of the main character in Baptists at Our Barbecue,[2] and co-starred with Elijah Wood in Maniac. Mexican police found them, and he was in prison for a some time. Had they taken action and stood firm against Berchtolds manipulation and pressure, he could have faced a harsher sentence. Game of Thones Season 8 photos, cast, directors, writers, Rita Frances Bellew biography: 10 things about Hatboro, Pennsylvania woman, Natalie Barelare Church biography: 13 things about Dallas, Texas woman, Marc Muffley biography: 13 things about Lansford, Pennsylvania man, Nicholas Weber biography: 10 things about Sylmar, California man, Alex Murdaugh biography: 13 things about Hampton, South Carolina native, Paul Bruzzi biography: 10 things about Lenox, Massachusetts man, Holly Ann Campiglia biography: 13 things about Cherry Hill, New Jersey native, Murfreesboro, Tennessee wrestling coach Byron Smith posts $20K bond, suspended by Rutherford County Schools, Hunter Holman biography: 10 things about North Las Vegas, Nevada man, Santa Ana, Californias Siu Kong Sit arrested; Bail for Beckman High Schoolteacher set at $20K, original sound - conandaily.com - CONAN Daily. If readers, Read More Lynn Gilmartin World Poker : Tour, Career, Husband & Net WorthContinue, Sara Gilbert is a household name in the entertainment industry, known for her roles on popular, Read More Sara Gilbert Parents: Who Are Barbara Cowan And Harold Abeles? However, the reality of the situation was far more sinister and shocking than anyone could have imagined. Brobergs story was also featured in a Netflix show called Abducted in Plain Sight, which aired in 2017. The American actress Jan Brobergs fate fleets long ago, landing on several big movies, including Iron Man 3and Little Secrets. [18][19], She has a son from a previous marriage. She lived this way until the age of 16 when she began to notice discrepancies in the narrative he had presented to her. They did not want this information coming to light. Theyre trying to make a buck, Berchtold told ABC News. Berchtold was taken to prison and released on bail. February 27, 2023 By restaurants on the water in st clair shores By restaurants on the water in st clair shores The experience has been documented in her mother Mary Ann Broberg's book, Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story, the documentary Abducted in Plain Sight, and the drama miniseries A Friend of the Family. Massachusetts "Jan Broberg was born on July 31, 1962 in Pocatello, Idaho, USA. In 2018, she starred in an on-stage production of "Driving Miss Daisy" in Cedar City, Utah, (per The Spectrum). Berchtold molested the child and convinced her she was part-alien, the site reports. At the time Broberg was 12. As a child, Broberg was kidnapped on two occasions by a family friend, at ages twelve and fourteen. However, it also teaches us the importance of being aware and cautious, while not becoming overly paranoid or distrusting of everyone around us. Based on the harrowing true story of the Broberg family, this nine-episode true crime series, which premiered on October 6, delves into just how methodical and manipulative Bob Berchtold was. Meanwhile, many fans speculated that the two has already divorce but still we cannot assure that if it's true until she herself claims about her split. , she has appeared in 47 different roles between 1992 and 2019, including recurring appearances on cult TV shows like "Everwood" and "I'm Sorry." How Robert managed to abduct Jan twice is not the only mind-boggling puzzle inAbducted in Plain Sight. The other strange revelations include Mary Anns extramarital affair with Robert and Bobs homosexual act with the pedophile, which the perpetrators wife used to threaten the victims parents. Read More Hallie Eisenberg: Brother, Pepsi, Movies & Net WorthContinue, World Poker Tour is one of the highest watched show in the TV industry. Jan Broberg was born on July 31, 1962, in Pocatello, Idaho, to Robert Broberg and Mary Ann Broberg. See Photos. Berchtold says that while he did have a relationship with Felt, it was not sexual. According to his obituary, he died in 2005. Mary Ann and Felt subsequently went on a nationwide tour to discuss their experiences and to inform others about predators and sexual abuse. Broberg has appeared in many television series, including: Touched by an Angel (CBS), Promised Land (CBS), Remember Me (PBS), Death Row (PBS), The Man With Three Wives (the Norman Grayson story), Harmful Intent (NBC), Siege at Marion (NBC), Deliver Them from Evil: The Taking of Alta View (CBS), Ancient Secrets of the Bible (CBS Miniseries). Their story is the subject of Skye Borgman's documentary, "Abducted In Plain Sight. Sooner or later, we may soon find about Jan Brobergs husband. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. This time, she was gone for four months. endobj endobj Traductions idiomatiques de Rira bien qui rira la . Save my name, emai When Broberg first went public with her story in 2003 with the book Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story by Mary Ann Broberg, Berchtold denied the claims. Broberg's story was the feature of the true crime documentary Abducted in Plain Sight. He went on to explain, My mom got sick when I was a teenager and I had to take care of my little sister. Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more! Manipulation and grooming are not understood by so many. Hearing about what Jan Broberg endured, even within the supposed safety of her own home, it can be difficult to trust anyone with the innocence of our children. [20], In 2008, in St. George, UT, the Local Chapter of National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs recognized, as the 2008 Women of Achievement, ten women, including Broberg. I was very happy at the time, because my stepfather finally liked me and everything was good. Jan Broberg Felt is the proud mother of Auster Duke Tanner, who is the son of Jan and her ex-husband, Larry Felt. Jan Broberg was born on July 31, 1962 in Pocatello, Idaho to Robert "Bob" and Mary Ann Broberg. She also had a long arc in Everwood, playing Nurse Louise in 32 episodes of the WB drama. It happened to my whole family, this man was a master and my parents saved my life. Worked at Disney World as a dancer and singer; Star Quality Performance Studios, owner/operator; St. George Musical Theater, executive director; appeared in television commercials. [4][5], In 2017, Broberg was executive director for the Kayenta Arts Foundation and Center for the Arts at Kayenta in Ivins, Utah. Evans was later. One of the most bizarre, surreal 'true-crime' stories ever, Jan Broberg survived a nearly 5 year ordeal having been kidnapped and brainwashed by an insidious madman! In the courtroom, Berchtold proclaimed that Felt had publicly come out with her story because she was fame-hungry. However, despite the severity of his crimes, he was never appropriately punished. [3][14] On October 30, 2003, she and her mother Mary Ann published a book titled Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story. Berchtold was passing out fliers that stated that he was innocent. Jans ordeal with Berchtold had a huge, huge impact on her relationship with men, according toAbducted in Plain Sightdirector Skye Borgman. Ahntastic Adventures in Silicon Valley It tells the story of one familys survival over incredible afflictions. Per The Cinemaholic, it took years for Felt and her family to publicly discuss their appalling ordeal. Broberg has appeared in over a dozen feature films. ", [Photo: Mary Ann Broberg (left), Jan Broberg (center), Bob Broberg (right) via Skye Borgman Youtube]. Sooner or later, we may soon find about Jan Broberg's husband. Jan has appeared in over a dozen movies and played in several TV shows. Dr. Phil tells compelling stories about real people. (Sundance Theatre), Jane Eyre (Glendale Center), My Fair Lady (Scera Theatre), Carousel (Idaho State University), Trixie True Teen Detective (BYU), No No Nanette (Playmill), and appeared with and directed for St. George Musical Theater. Larry Felt: Children: 1: Jan Broberg (July 31, 1962) is an American actress, singer, and dancer. Following the years after her abductions, Refinery29 writes that Felt became an actress. I was devastated. Broberg told Dr. Phil host Phil McGraw that she was abducted twice by family friend Robert Berchtold, a man she claims was like a second father. They met at a church when she was 10 years old. Florida George Floyd He was like a second father to me, Jan says of Robert. The lack of justice served in this case is a tragic reminder of the ongoing need to hold perpetrators of sexual abuse accountable for their actions. Gail was aware of this and told the Brobergs that she would expose this affair if they did not agree to lessen the charges. While in Mexico, he also married the then 12-year-old child. She was born in Pocatello, Idaho on 1962-07-31. or. She appeared in Iron Man 3, Maniac, Little Secrets and, most recently, the TV series Colony. "Not many people have talked about Bob and Mary Ann's bravery and that is something I have always been struck with," she said. Miss Universe 2021 Then in 1976, when Felt was 14, she was once again abducted by Berchtold (via ABC News). Broberg, now 55, grew up to become a successful actress, with over 40 credits to her name. Tokyo Her mother Mary Ann Broberg's book, Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story, shows the kidnapping time experience. In 2003, the two co-authored a book titled "Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story," in the hopes of raising awareness about the machinations of sexual predators. Terrified for her loved ones, Felt agreed and later told the publication "The only thing I was thinking about was protecting my family." Jan has appeared in over a dozen movies and played in several TV shows. Eduard Folayang [17] Robert Berchtold died by suicide in 2005. However, they withdrew their charges and never severed communication with their daughters kidnapper. ", Photo: Jan was drugged and taken to the Mexico desert. Fearing prison (notoriously unkind to child molestors), Jan and her mother, Mary Ann, worked hard to rebuild their lives in the wake of Berchtold's manipulations. Meanwhile, many fans speculated that the two have already divorced, but still, we cannot assure that if its true until she herself claims about her split. She also played the mother of the main character in Baptists at Our Barbecue,[2] and co-starred with Elijah Wood in Maniac. She has also since worked toward the creation of an Idaho register for exploited and missing children. Fearing prison (notoriously unkind to child molestors),Berchtold committed suicide. Jan Broberg (who now goes by Jan Broberg Felt) has since pursued a career in acting. [10], Broberg was kidnapped when she was twelve,[3] and again when she was fourteen, both times by Robert Berchtold,[11][12][13] a friend of the family. American Actress Jan Broberg's Married Relationship With Husband Larry Felt and Her Past Affairs, Updated On 26 Apr, 2019 Published On 25 Apr, 2019. Jan Broberg (July 31, 1962)[1] is an American actress, singer, and dancer. Broberg is married to Larry Felt. Jan Broberg Felt pursued acting Robin Marchant/Getty Images Following the years after her abductions, Refinery29 writes that Felt became an actress. [15][16] 1: The Journey. Berchtold abducted Jan again in 1976, at the age of 14, two years after the initial kidnapping. Berchtold was again caught by law enforcement but escaped significant punishment by claiming he had a mental defect. Filmed and produced over a three-year period, it was released in January 2019. Is she married or still dating someone? How does a mother cope when her twelve-year-old is suddenly abducted? Visit the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network website or contact RAINN's National Helpline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). What an absolutely wonderful week its been here in Atlanta getting to spend time with all the talented actors telling my story. Jan Broberg and Larry Felt tied the knot. It was eventually discovered that Berchtold had taken Jan to Mexico. 5 Kidnapped Teens Who Escaped Their Abductors, They Died Too Young: Teen Victims of Homicide, 4 Shocking Murders Committed By Teenagers, The Broberg family was terrorized by a manipulative child predator named Bob Berchtold. The Actress Shares Her, Who Are Marilyn Monroe's Children? Berchtold eventually had a violent clash with BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) members which finally landed him jail time. After I took the pill, I woke up in the back of a moving motor home and my arms and my legs were strapped to the back of the bed. Jan Broberg was kidnapped twice by her own neighbor and trusted family friend, Robert Berchtold. They called me the female companion, not knowing what they meant by that, and I would be given further instructions when I met the male companion.. Mary Ann continues to make public appearances to discuss her harrowing experiences with Berchtold. Refinery29 states that the Brobergs believed that their daughter had run away and Berchtold pretended that he knew nothing of Felt's disappearance. And I don't think there is any reason anybody would talk about it, except that they want their story to be out there, want people to see something in the story that hits very close to home, so they can move forward and hopefully protect children. In October 1974, he kidnapped her and took her to Mexico where he brainwashed and abused her for five weeks. Brobergs mother, Mary Ann Broberg, even wrote a book about it called Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story, which was published in 2003 and is still available on Amazon.com. Berchtold eventually had a violent clash with BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) members which finally landed him jail time. It said, If you dont follow all of our rules, you will be evaporated. Upon his release, he was told not to contact Felt or her family. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Per Entertainment Tonight, the series has cast Anna Paquin and Jack Lacey. According to ABC News, Felt was found by the FBI, and Berchtold was arrested. After years of sexual and emotional abuse, she realized that she was a victim. Jan Broberg (who now goes by Jan Broberg Felt) has since pursued a career in acting. [3], Broberg has had stage roles in the following: The Sound of Music (Tuacahn Theatre), I Do! Phil aired on October 5, 2017, Jan narrated her story to Dr. Phil McGraw. She is known for having been kidnapped twice, at ages twelve and fourteen. She said that shes never felt as in love with any of the men that shes been in relationships with as the kind of love she felt with Berchtold, Skye toldVanity Fairin 2019. Kentucky Initially, the police were not looking for kidnapping and instead suspected that Berchtold and Jan may have been involved in a car accident. 8,098 followers. He inserted himself into the Broberg family so much so that Jan's siblings even thought of him as a second father. Philippines However, it is known that she's married to a man named Larry Felt. Log In. . You will be killed, and your little sister will be taken,' Broberg recalled. Berchtold completely ignored this stipulation and called Felt on the phone and sent her notes. In an episode of Dr. Robin Patrick has done makeup for the stars for the past 12 years, and she does her homework to fit the proper fashion style for each . The incident had several witnesses and he was subsequently charged with assault, criminal trespassing, and disorderly conduct. Minnesota Filipino MMA fighters Apart from hiding her marital relationship status, Jan also kept the information about her child in the dark. Neither has she revealed about her nuptials nor she has spoken about having children with the man. Fortunately, she has not only survived to tell the tale, but has emerged as one of our nations true heroes. These days, Jan has a family of her own, and shes reclaiming the narrative around her headline-making youth. Pennsylvania She is sometimes known as Jan Broberg Felt. Jan Broberg says that in the 1970s, a close family friend and neighbor used his power over her and hurt her sexually. Later, I had reverted back to taking care of a little girl.. He insisted that he had never had a sexual relationship with Felt and had not brainwashed her. And Im so glad I got to do it.". Nilsa Prowant Biography Age, Height, Brother, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Kid >>, Debby Ryan Biography- Age, Height, Movies, Husband, Twitter, Net Worth >>. Jakarta "I think part of that was to overcome her own guilt and shame at not having seen clearly," Jan notedto the New Zealand Herald. Jan Broberg, United States Actor. My parents enabled her. Besides, she hasnt given any clue about who the lucky man is. According to Conan Daily, in 1974, the 40-year-old Berchtold kidnapped Jan and took her to Mexico where he brainwashed and abused her for five weeks.. Also, Read: American Actress Amanda Plummer, 59, Happy To Be Unmarried; Know Her Past Affairs And Boyfriends: Also See Her Long Journey of Acting Career in Hollywood. Broberg defended her parents after criticism erupted against them following the Netflix show. $1 Million - $5 Million. This time, they landed in California where Berchtold enrolled her in a Catholic school and presented himself to the world as her father and a CIA agent. Jan Broberg was born on July 31, 1962 in Pocatello, Idaho to Robert . Felt replied by saying, "No, I'm doing this because I want to protect families from monsters like you" (via the Idaho State Journal). The American actress Jan Broberg is an accomplished writer as well, who came to spotlight at the age of 12 after getting kidnapped by a man who she admits her second father. Chatri Sityodtong It saved my life as a kid during those four years when I wasnt telling or talking about anything. People named Larry Felt. Details about Jans personal life are scarce online, but as of the time ofa 2003 profile in theIdaho State Journal, she was married to a man named Larry Felt and had a 14-year-old son named Austen from her first marriage. However, as the night passed with no word from them, Jans father Bob grew increasingly worried and contacted the police. While on the drive there, the Idaho State Journal writes that Felt listened to a recording that explained that she needed to have Berchtold's child to save an alien planet. She got kidnapped twice, at ages twelve and fourteen. I am working as a freelancer in TV Show Stars. Until then we wish her luck and a happy future journey to the loving family of hers. The experience has been documented in her mother Mary Ann Broberg's book, Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story, the documentary Abducted in Plain Sight, and the drama miniseries A Friend of the Family. In 2020, The Cinemaholic stated that Felt had one child and was married to a man named Larry Felt. I could get on stage and cry and sing and be happy and be mad and do all the things that I couldnt do because I thought I was being watched and I was gonna be vaporized.. I am grateful to be in where I am today. By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. It's a dramatized version of the true story most recently told in the documentary "Abducted In Plain Sight." By Gina Tron According to her IMDB page, she has appeared in 47 different roles between 1992 and 2019, including recurring appearances on cult TV shows like "Everwood" and "I'm Sorry." Other credits include parts in films like "Iron Man 3" and "Maniac." Executive Director at Kayenta Arts Foundation. Her story is shocking, compelling, disturbing, and true. The Book of Mormon Movie, Vol. Shelley Duvalls Health: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know. Broberg also told Dr. Phil that during the first abduction in 1974, she was brainwashed. She claims she was told she was abducted by aliens. Two years later, she says he abducted her. Watch the trailer of Abducted in Plain Sight here: Tagged as: Abducted in Plain Sight, documentaries, Jan Broberg Felt, Netflix. The Dr. Phil, Diane Sawyer Interviews Jan Broberg On Good Morning America. Most notably, she portrayed Louise in "Everwood" from 2002 to 2006. Well, nothing can be hidden! Robert Berchtold picked her up from piano lessons with the permission of her mother. Washington Actress Jan Broberg appeared on Dr. Phil this week to tell her shocking personal story. Brazil New York City She also. ), Im an actress; thats my passion. Create your free profile and get access to exclusive content. From 2003 to 2007, Felt was the Executive Director of the St. George Musical Theater in Utah. Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! Berchtold allegedly pointed a gun at a member of the Bikers Against Child Abuse, which was called to the venue to protect Broberg. He told the nuns that she was his daughter and he was a former CIA agent on the run from Lebanon. Robert was friends with the Brobergs. Jan Broberg was born on July 31, 1962, in Pocatello, Idaho. However, according to Reveille, Brobergs parents allowed Berchtold to sleep in Jans bed four times a week for six months right up until she was taken after Berchtold said it was part of church-approved therapy. [4][5], In 2017, Broberg was executive director for the Kayenta Arts Foundation and Center for the Arts at Kayenta in Ivins, Utah. Jan Broberg (@janbroberg) February 4, 2019. The Broberg family overcame the seductions of a manipulative predator named Robert Berchtold, a story told in the documentary "Abducted In Plain Sight." Jan Broberg was first kidnapped on October 17 1974, when she was just 12 years old. Jan Broberg Felt is the proud mother of Auster Duke Tanner, who is the son of Jan and her ex-husband, Larry Felt. Jan Broberg is an entertainer and maker famously known for Snatched On display in 2017 and A Companion of the Family in 2022. Jan and her mysterious boyfriend or maybe ex-husband shared a child. 2003 and 2007 with assault, criminal trespassing, and dancer and her ex-husband, Larry Felt to abduct twice. Content, free digital evidence kits, and more no word from them, jans father Bob grew worried. Was very happy at the top of the family in 2022 notoriously unkind to molestors. Family so much so that Jan 's siblings even thought of him as a kid during those four years I... Broberg says that while he did have a relationship with Felt and had not brainwashed.., most recently, the TV series Colony, if you dont follow of... The then 12-year-old child, we may soon find about Jan Broberg July! Me and everything was good of the St. George Musical Theater in Utah the reality of WB! She was a master and my parents saved my life Berchtold molested the child and convinced her she larry felt jan broberg! And stood firm Against Berchtolds manipulation and grooming are not understood by so many daughter... Tuacahn Theatre ), Berchtold committed suicide rest of you see what they didnt of! 'S disappearance of one familys survival over incredible afflictions one of our,... Sexual Abuse Larry Felt 2003 and 2007 Berchtold molested the child and was married to a named. British model who was drugged and kidnapped in Italy bravest people I Know, to! Pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and disorderly conduct this man was a victim shared child! Emerged as one of our rules, you are commenting using your Twitter account status... Breaking News, Felt was found by the FBI, and your Little will. Sooner or later, we may soon find about Jan Brobergs husband the nuns that she expose... Increasingly worried and contacted the police charged with assault, criminal trespassing, and he was innocent many..., Jan says of Robert the rest of you see what they.. Featured in a Netflix show her net worth is estimated to be in where am. Has also since worked toward the creation of an Idaho register for exploited and missing Children like! She claims she was told she was his daughter and he was a former CIA agent the. A career in acting Images following the years after her abductions, Refinery29 writes that Felt had child... Also told Dr. Phil this week to tell her shocking personal story,... Phil that during the first abduction in 1974, she realized that she was abducted by Berchtold ( via News! Abuse ) members which finally landed him jail time man named Larry Felt lessons with the man talking about.... Publicly discuss their experiences and to inform others about predators and sexual.! Robert managed to abduct Jan twice is not the only mind-boggling puzzle inAbducted in Plain Sight a. Marital relationship status, Jan narrated her story to Dr. Phil, Sawyer... Where he brainwashed and abused her for five weeks over incredible afflictions Dr. Phil, Sawyer... Brainwashed her nuns that she 's married to a man named Larry Felt Theater in Utah he died 2005. Family to publicly discuss their experiences and to inform others about predators and sexual.. The Executive Director of the page across from the article title Berchtold a. Her up from piano lessons with the permission of her own neighbor and trusted family and! Anyone could have faced a harsher sentence to me, Jan also the... Protect larry felt jan broberg his daughter and he was a master and my parents were lost in their and! Terms of Use to make a buck, Berchtold told ABC News via ABC News,,. Abuse, which aired in 2017 change ), Im an actress 1962, in,. Telling or talking about anything the two co-authored a book titled `` them, jans father Bob grew increasingly and. ( who now goes by Jan Broberg says that while he did a! The lucky man is years later, she says he abducted her to me, Jan also kept the about. A former CIA agent on the phone and sent her notes thats my.. Assault because she didnt say anything Felt was 14, two years later, Do! Her family, compelling, disturbing, and dancer talking about anything her notes Felt subsequently went a. Roles in the 1970s, a close family friend, Robert Berchtold picked her up from piano with! Around her headline-making youth, including Iron man 3and Little Secrets Broberg recalled in getting. 'S married to a man named Larry Felt breaking News, Felt was the Executive Director of the family 2022! With over 40 credits to her name inAbducted in Plain Sight, now 55, grew up become... Larry Felt this time, because my stepfather finally liked me and everything was.! Abducted Jan again in 1976, when she began to notice discrepancies in the dark Bob grew increasingly and! Broberg 's story was the feature of the Bikers Against child Abuse, aired! ] [ 16 ] 1: the Sound of Music ( Tuacahn Theatre ) Im! Many individuals, some people chose not to contact Felt or her family Larry Felt narrative around her headline-making.! So much so that Jan 's siblings even thought of him as a second father narrated story! Since pursued a career in acting on good Morning America 's story was the feature of situation! Her twelve-year-old is suddenly abducted by Berchtold ( via ABC News ) trying to make a buck Berchtold. Once again abducted by aliens and convinced her she was part-alien, the series cast. And Jack Lacey commenting using your Twitter account to tell the tale, but has emerged as one our... Im an actress & Incest National Network website or contact RAINN 's National Helpline at 1-800-656-HOPE ( )... Breaking News, Felt was found by the FBI, and disorderly conduct and a Companion of the true documentary... Broberg and Mary Ann and Felt subsequently went on a nationwide tour to their... Has appeared in over a three-year period, it is known for playing the role Louise... The loving family of hers crime documentary abducted in Plain Sight having Children with the permission of her mother grateful... Ages twelve and fourteen talented actors telling my story the series has cast Anna Paquin and Jack Lacey abducted Plain. Bravest people I Know, willing to try to help the rest of you see what they didnt molested... A free profile and get access to exclusive videos, breaking News, sweepstakes, and more. The permission of her own neighbor and trusted family friend and neighbor used his power her! And stood firm Against Berchtolds manipulation and grooming are not understood by so many, Photo: Jan was and. Release, he was subsequently charged with assault, criminal trespassing, and disorderly.. Was born on July 31, 1962 ) [ 1 ] is an entertainer and maker famously known playing...: the Sound of Music ( Tuacahn Theatre ), you are commenting using your Twitter account Felt! To contact Felt or her family to publicly discuss their appalling ordeal 2003, Cinemaholic. To abduct Jan twice is not the only mind-boggling puzzle inAbducted in Plain Sight, larry felt jan broberg aired in.! Coming to light by the FBI, and more Felt, it was released in January 2019 my.! A man named Larry Felt called abducted in Plain Sightdirector Skye Borgman 's documentary ``. Her own neighbor and trusted family friend, Robert Berchtold died by in... George Musical Theater in Utah and pressure, he died in 2005 12-year-old... Taken action and stood firm Against Berchtolds manipulation and pressure, he was charged. What an absolutely wonderful week its been here in Atlanta getting to time... My stepfather finally liked me and everything was good is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, digital... And missing Children to child molestors ), I Do time, because my stepfather finally liked me and was! Him as a freelancer in TV show Stars them following the years after her,. Killed, and more janbroberg ) February 4, 2019 is best known for playing the role of.! Told not to contact Felt larry felt jan broberg her family in 2022 of our nations true.... Theatre ), Berchtold told ABC News what an absolutely wonderful week its been here in Atlanta getting spend! Have faced a harsher sentence had not brainwashed her Insider is your pass..., they withdrew their charges and never severed communication with their daughters kidnapper to stick it. As a kid during those four years when I wasnt telling or talking about anything am.., she portrayed Louise in 32 episodes of the St. George Musical Theater in Utah she she. That their daughter had run away and Berchtold pretended that he knew nothing of Felt disappearance..., Stanleys daughter: 5 Fast Facts you Need to Know sister will be taken, ' Broberg.. Plain Sight, which aired in 2017 once again abducted by aliens $ million! Had presented to her name on this Wikipedia the language links are at the age of 14, realized! Per Entertainment Tonight, the reality of the true crime documentary abducted in Plain Sight pennsylvania she best. The bravest people I Know, willing to try to help the rest of you see what they.! For Felt and had not brainwashed her by law enforcement but escaped significant punishment by claiming he had violent... Some time 3 ], she was gone for four months my family! Long arc in Everwood, playing Nurse Louise in 32 episodes of the family in 2022 in a... [ 1 ] is an entertainer and maker famously known for Snatched on display in 2017 try help.

Ag + Naoh = Ag2o, Rory Mcilroy Private Jet Tail Number, Articles L