lester hayes super bowl interview

Not only did Hayes stutter, he was wired on the handfuls of decongestants he took each day to deal with the pain caused by chronic sinus problems. Based uponall these schools sending scouts to meet me. Thirty years after the Super Bowl came to his hometown during his senior year at Wheatley High School, Hayes is a finalist for election Saturday to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. In the 4th quarter, we would legally whoop asses. We crushed men based on our stamina, on our strength, our training, and mostly on our great technique. I was 8. Quarterback Jarrett Stidham drops the ball in the bucket to wide receiver Hunter Renfrow for an 11-yard touchdown during the fourth quarter against the Chiefs. SPECIAL SECTION: SUPER BOWL XXXVIII KICKOFF: 5:25 P.M. Lester Hayes, totaled 18 interceptions in the 1980 season and playoffs and had three more nullified by penalties. PoY 37 SUMMARY Career G 149 AV 91 Int 39 Yds 572 TD 4 Lester Hayes Overview Game Logs Career Postseason 1977 1978 1979 He had lost the original under strange circumstances. Heres what you need to know. [7] During his last four seasons, he formed a partnership with Mike Haynes that has been considered one of the best in league history. He said Lester had a stutter and was afraid of his own shadow. Then, upon meeting Lester Hayes, his sporting past springs to life. My foundation is great technique and staying low. "I was on a successful team," Hayes said. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses evaluating the quarterback prospects, the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, running back Josh Jacobs, his mindset for the offseason and more. Lester Hayes Popularity . You gotta dissect the film, not study film. Watch as the Raiders, the NFL and members of the local Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada planted trees and shrubs at Acacia Demonstration Park in Henderson, Nevada. In retirement, Hayes dotes on coaching youth football and ministering to young cancer patients. He was also known for using Stickum before it was banned in 1981 by a rule bearing his name. Hayes helped contribute to the Raiders two Super Bowl wins in 1980 and 1983. Think about that. [4], Hayes was converted to cornerback after being chosen by the Raiders in the fifth round of the 1977 draft. I played linebacker in 1973. As a cornerback with size and speed, Hayes got to know many NFL wide receivers. That's what this man did for us. Dude was and still is just ridiculously entertaining both on and off the field. Hayes was commonly referred to as "the Judge" and also as "Lester the Molester" because of his bump and run coverage. I played lineman at E.O. Lester Craig Hayes was born on January 22, 1955, in Houston, Texas. Harp Takhar, Josh Jacopetti and Christopher Sneed were all smiles after meeting Hayes on Friday. YeahI shoulda been studying accounting, but the basketball was too good and enjoyable to give up. He moved again in the pros, this time to cornerback, again over his tearful objections to Raiders coach John Madden. The freshmen and sophomores needed a hero. We had some studs on defense at A&M. He added five more interceptions in Oakland's three playoff games as they advanced to a victory in Super Bowl XV, A big Star Wars fan, during pregame interviews for Super Bowl XVIII he declared himself the "only true Jedi" in the NFL. It was 'Can you go left?' Lester. Watch President Sandra Douglass Morgan, Raiders safety Jalen Elliott and tackle Brandon Parker speak to Democracy Preparatory Academy about being trailblazers of diversity in sports. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Raiders host Sibley Scoles talks with comedian George Lopez, WWE star Logan Paul and The Voice winner Maelyn Jarmon, plus Raider legend Rod Woodson opens up about his new career as the head coach of the XFL's Las Vegas Vipers on this episode of Raiders: Talk of the Nation. That was an all-timer! It was branded in my hippocampus. Cornerback Nate Hobbs recaps the 2022 season, discusses his mindset going into Year 3 and more. In 1975 it was at Kyle Field, people nearly fainted because we were crushing them so bad. Like King, NBC's Lester Holt made a similar trip to anchor "Nightly News" from McAllen, Texas, on Monday. You have to stop Alabama on 1st and 2nd down to beat them. Is this who we now are? Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. He was there while I was there and I ran into him all the time at the Rec. (Mad Dog Robertson was/is the man! I'm helping out sick babies out here and helping out homeless people. There were a lot of 3rd and 8 as well as 3rd and 9 in our defense. Baltimore Ravens quarterback Tyler Huntley finds wide receiver Davante Adams in the back of the end zone for a 2-point conversion for the AFC in the 2023 Pro Bowl. That's why I broke out. Most Popular #141647. I'm a champion, a Super Bowl champion twice. "I've been collecting since I was a kid," Jacopetti said. "It was a salvo of linebackers and safeties. Mediaite's Colby Hall wrote, "The cable news outlet, which spent years propping up Trump, is a 24-hour . "The President was looking forward to an interview with Fox Soul to discuss the Super Bowl, the State of the Union, and critical issues impacting the everyday lives of Black Americans," she wrote. Train your body. I know football. The head coach was Coach Bellard. He was known as one of the greatest shutdown cornerbacks in NFL history. The daily thing with them was teaching technique, strength, and stamina. Chronicle file photo, 1980, by Frederic Larson, One of the largest movie theaters in SF to close permanently, 'Zero visibility' conditions: All roads to Tahoe are closed, Report: Matthew McConaughey has a massive Salesforce paycheck, Grapevine closed indefinitely due to heavy snow and ice, Avalanche slams into Tahoe apartment building amid blizzard, 'Really cool sight': Rare waterspout forms in Northern California, Plan to bring bullet train from LA to Vegas is underway, What it looks like inside Coit Towers former apartment, Hundreds of thousands of workers have abandoned downtown SF, Tahoe's snowfall totals are on track to break records, Restaurant chain slated to close site at Bay Area mall, Popular yet divisive fast food chain coming to this Bay Area town, If travel planning gives you a headache, try these apps. See the legacy of Hall of Famer Art Shell. We got a pad and a pen. I have studied his game tape. But I've got to get back to Kyle Field because I love Texas A&M. Happy birthday to CB Lester Hayes, January 22, 1955. My first Aggie game was in Rice Stadium in '75. In 1983, when the Raiders won their third Super Bowl, he and Mike Haynes--"the best cornerback of all time," Hayes. I thank all of my sack men and coaches. I told him I had never backpedaled in my life. "Go Eagles!" 11 Feb 2023 06:22:24 At age 61, he said, "I feel 30. Lester Hayes played for the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders from 1977-1986. . "Prior to meeting Wanda, I was biblically illiterate. I believe that Coach Fisherwill pass Bama. In 1980, Hayes led the NFL with 13 interceptions, tied for second most with Dan Sandifer, who had set it in 1948, and behind Dick "Night Train" Lane with 14 in 1952, and was named AP Defensive Player of the Year[5] and the NEA Defensive Player of the Year. That was the foundation on Saturdays with Pat Thomas and was my foundation on Sundays with Willie Brown. His Biden interview was pegged to the Super Bowl, which NBC will televise on Sunday. The best defensive player in the NFL in 1980 now lives in a modest, one-story house in this sleepy Central Valley town. How are you going to miss this? After 76 revenge at the rock game, Lester picked me up coming off the field after the game and carried me into the locker room! "I sounded like a second version of - what was his name - Cousin Itt from The Addams Family," he said in a 2003 interview. Hayes Now Leads the Quiet Life / Former scourge of the secondary has exchanged partying for religion, At his Modesto home, Lester Hayes wore his two Super Bowl rings. Lester Hayes had 572 receiving yards over his career. I think back and it makes me wanna cry. Melvin's message, Hayes said, was for his charges to work on their non-dominant side - left foot, left hand, left forearm shiver, left leg, left hip turn. " All rights reserved. Incredibly, it was the only bad mistake he made all game. Sneed, 38, added Hayes' autograph to his Raiders' sports memorabilia collection. Watch wide receiver Davante Adams' top plays from his first season in the Silver and Black. I was a legalized butt whipper! Forty-plus-year-old Takhar made the four-and-a-half drive from Santa Clarita to get two posters and one football signed. Output includes all passing, rushing, and receiving plays. Hear from Pro Bowl running back Josh Jacobs as he makes his way through the red carpet at the NFL Honors in Phoenix. That's all history now. As for the stickum, well, there were no jars visible in his living room. 2023 by the Las Vegas Raiders. The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. ". "I begged Al Davis, `Please don't put me at cornerback.' Willie Brown was my great coach in the NFL who coached me up. He totaled a franchise-record 39 interceptions, to go along with seven fumble recoveries in 149 regular-season games. Lester Hayes No. Hayes elevated his level of play during the Raiders' 1980 Super-Bowl Championship season. Speech therapy helped him cope with the stutter. All proceeds raised during Hayes' 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. meet-and-greet sessions at the Walmart Supercenter on Monday and Feb. 9-11 will be donated to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. We had a great coaching staff at A&M. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. After the Raiders' Week 18 loss to the Chiefs, running back Josh Jacobs discusses his father's medical emergency. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses the Raiders' Week 18 matchup against the Kansas City Chiefs. Find out more. Head Coach Josh McDaniels on evaluating quarterbacks, building depth, the 2023 Combine, safety Tre'von Moehrig and more. 1 most stressful city for U.S. workers, 'Call me a Nazi': Former Houston pastor calls for state book ban, Bun B on bringing Southern rap stars to Houston's Rodeo, Turner: State takeover of Houston ISD could happen next week, The only Houston rodeo food guide you'll need, How the Houston Zoo moved its flock of flamingos to a new home, Former KHOU anchor turns layoff into lucrative real estate career, Astros GM provides update on Yordan Alvarez's hand injury, Houston leaders delay vote on Hobby Airport concesssions contract, Watch: Houston Astros' Luis Garcia debuts new windup, Houston pitmaster goes viral after hilarious on-air interview with reporter. They are the reason I succeeded.". Coach Thomas was coaching me up mentally and physically for 60 days in June and July. Cornerback Amik Robertson discusses his performance against the 49ers, building confidence, the rematch against the Chiefs and more. (College Stats), Weighted Career AV (100-95-): 76 (509th overall since 1960). Montana, who has led his San Francisco 49ers to three Super Bowl victories in the 1980s, and Elway, who has led his Denver Broncos to three Super Bowl appearances the past four years, are the focal points of Super Bowl XXIV . Hayes was a one time All-Pro (1980) and a five-time Pro Bowler (19801984). - photo by DALE BUTLER/Courier photo, Ceres a cleaner place now due to beefed up Code Enforcement staff, CUSD keeping watchful eye on declining student enrollment, City prepares for new digs for Public Works, Adamsville: Stanislaus County's short-lived & forgotten county seat, CUSD honors standout classified and confidential employees, Espinoza, Breshears represent Hawks at State, Tough draw for CHS girls in soccer playoffs, CV boys advance to Division-I semifinal round, CV grad Velasquez wraps up UC Davis soccer career, Theyre not getting away with it in Ceres. Get to know Raiderette Monica D. as she enters her third season. Kroichick writes features on the Warriors during the NBA season, and various other topics - ranging from the 49ers/NFL and major-league baseball to college football and basketball - the rest of the year. "Let me tell you a story," he said recently. Biden has not granted the right-leaning network an interview during his presidency, CNN noted. He wears a silver-and-black Raiders sweater. "You can see the look in their eyes that they don't feel good and they're hurting, but they want to live," he said. You got to have a smart coach, five blocking beasts up front and a great team.". Oakland's Lester Hayes excels at the bump-and-run and now he has beaten a speech problem by taking it head on. The two-time Super Bowl champion/Raiders' legendary cornerback has met fans all around the world. He was selected NFL AP Defensive Player of the Year. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses quarterback Jarrett Stidham's performance against the 49ers, wide receiver Davante Adams, preparing for the Week 18 rematch against the Chiefs and more. Lester Hayes has signed thousands of autographs over the years. I was the #1lineman in Houston. Hayes had 13 in 1980, when he was the NFL's defensive player of the year for the Super Bowl XV champions. Watch as Raiders 2022 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year, punter AJ Cole surprises Special Olympic athlete, Sandra, with tickets to Super Bowl LVII. "GMFB" discusses which QBs to watch at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. That was an awesome interview. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. It was Coach Bellard. "Few interceptions in the NFL are caught cleanly," he said. Lester Hayes is reminded of John Elway every time Hayes takes a look at his thumb. I cried. But the most important factor is that I'm a Texas Longhorn CRUSHER! Watch Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams' top plays during the 2022 season. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. "My Bible had more dust on it than the deserts of the Sahara," Hayes, 45, said. I was taught to show folks love. "I could not catch a cold in Antarctica, " Hayes said of those last six seasons. He's a linebacker. Thank you Jesus, Bellard hooked me because I am an Aggie! You need seven or six blocking beasts to be successful and pass Bama. Lester Craig Hayes Position: DB 6-0, 200lb (183cm, 90kg) Born: January 22, 1955 in Houston, TX. But the prostate problems prevented Hayes from returning to the pawn shop to claim the ring, and it eventually sold for more than $18, 000 in an online auction. The official Super Bowl LVIII football made the trip from the Valley to Allegiant Stadium as the countdown is on for the big game in Las Vegas. - Listen to Bear & Balanced: Greg Gabriel on the Bears, NFL Draft, and Shrine Bowl by Windy City Gridiron: for Chicago Bears fans instantly on your tablet, phone or browser - no downloads needed. You don't want him sad and miserable. Tied with Willie Brown as the all-time #Raiders interceptor. 'Can you go left?' Can't thank Lester Hayes enough for coming on and bringing the HEAT today on the show. I knew I was going to get cut. Al Davis receives his second Super Bowl trophy from Pete Rozelle. (39 Interceptions) pic.twitter.com/A0Ki8IWgzA I saw Coach Bellard three times in 60 days. Showing Editorial results for lester hayes. Thank you, Jesus, for him! Get to know Raiderette Kylee as she enters her rookie season. Javascript is required for the selection of a player. But when I turned 44, I started whining.". These gaudy numbers raise one question: Why did teams keep throwing at him? (College Stats), Weighted Career AV (100-95-): 76 (509th overall since 1960). "When I came out of Texas A&M in 1977, I was a strong safety," Hayes said. He had a modern-day record/league-leading 13 interceptions. He joined the Houston Chronicle in 1990 after stints at the Dallas bureau of United Press International (1984-90), the Waco Tribune-Herald (1978-84) and the Tyler Morning Telegraph (1975-78). I did not know God. I couldn't believe it. I'm helping out sick babies out hereand helping out homeless people. There was a coach on our defense named Melvin Robertson. U.S. public has turned against Ukraine war intervention, Ceres needs safer bike lanes, more animal control, Angel Richardson's Christmas Parade | Studio209, CIF D-4AA State Championship: Escalon vs Northwood | The Blitz Season 10, CIF D5-AA Regional Championship: Hughson vs Ripon Christian | The Blitz Season 10. First Name Lester #7. "Lester is a legend. A native of Tyler, he is a graduate of John Tyler High School, Tyler Junior College and The University of Texas at Austin. What a great Aggie! ", Christopher Sneed made the drive from Manteca to Ceres on Friday to meet Lester Hayes. There were a ton of fantastic coaches on that staff. Draft: Oakland Raiders in the 5th round (126th overall) of the 1977 NFL Draft. That steered him toward religion, a distinct contrast to his hard-living, hell-raising days of yore. Lester Craig Hayes (born January 22, 1955) is an American former professional football player who was a cornerback for the Oakland / Los Angeles Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). Not A&M. We crushed #20, Earl Campbell. His total of 18 is five more than anyone else has had since 1960. He called me over and I was in his office at 7:45. 68 Year Old Aquarius #30. [2] Hayes and his thirteen interceptions in 1980 is tied for second most in a season all-time and the most in the last 40 seasons. Thats not logical! It helped him hold his "bump" at the line of scrimmage and catch any footballs in the neighborhood. It was a day where Arkansas got break after break. It was weird. Im the judge and I told people that he wouldn't gain 25 yards. "I'm loyal. Lester Hayes, Oakland Raiders. Of course, he has a lot to talk about. Get a behind-the-scenes look as the Silver and Black arrive at Allegiant Stadium to face the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 18. Lester Hayes weighed 200 lbs (90 kg) when playing. Lester Hayes will live in NFL lore as the Jedi Master of stickum, the chemical goop that helped him corral 18 interceptions during the regular season and playoffs en route to the Oakland Raiders' Super Bowl XV victory after the 1980 season. Tietoja laitteestasi ja Internet-yhteydest (esimerkiksi IP-osoitteesi), Selaaminen ja hakutoiminnot Yahoon verkkosivustojen ja -sovellusten kytn aikana. Hayes, the former Houston Wheatley and Texas A&M standout, freely admits stickum played a role in his legend. The Chiefs rallied from a 10-point deficit en route to posting a 38-35 victory over the Eagles on Feb. 12 at State Farm Stadium in Arizona. The spotlight of the four Raiders candidates is lit on Lester "The Judge" Hayes. Didn't know Lester the Molester was such an inspiring figure. Go Eagles!". Jeff Berckes and Lester Wiltfong are talking Draft with former NFL scout and WCG's own, Greg Gabriel, to get his take on the league, the East-West Shrine Bowl, the Bears, and so much more. The waves and vibrations make your spine tingle. When asked how current Kansas City star quarterback/two-time Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes would have done if he played during his era, Hayes said: "It's not all about Patrick. The operations, one a year from 1999 through 2001, cleared his breathing passages. Gig 'em, Lester the Molester, "A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein. Watch the recap of the NFL's 2023 Flag Football Championship during the 2023 Pro Bowl in Las Vegas. I learned based on training and working. I'm doing fantastic. I was playing a basketball game once when I looked over and there's Coach Bellard! Born: He was smiling at me. "Our scheme was that you don't rush four. "But I trusted Al Davis' football vision. NBC said the interview is slated to take place in . what states require consummation of marriage; new milford ct police scanner; reply to opposition to motion to compel california; environmental opportunities and threats in business We spanked those Longhorns and those Aggie fans went crazy. The back-and-forth began Friday with a tweet from White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre. Chronicle photo by Kurt Rogers, Hayes intercepted 13 passes in the regular season and five more in the playoffs, including one he returned for a TD against Houston. We can't wait another 23 years! Texas A&M We had to show them how to do all this. He coached us up on football schemes. There were so many strange things that happened on that day. Michael James Haynes (born July 1, 1953) is an American former professional football player who was a cornerback in the National Football League (NFL) for the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Raiders.He used his speed, physicality, quickness and range to become both a premier cornerback and an outstanding punt returner.Haynes was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2000 . Raiders host Sibley Scoles talks with Grammy Award-winning artist Anderson .Paak, World Series Champion CC Sabathia and President of Raider Nation Ice Cube, plus wide receiver Davante Adams opens up about his first season in the Silver and Black and more on the season finale of Raiders: Talk of the Nation. Search instead in Creative? He didn't let the magnitude of competing on the biggest stage impact his performance. Lester Hayes will live in NFL lore as the Jedi Master of stickum, the chemical goop that helped him corral 18 interceptions during the regular season and playoffs en route to the Oakland. Sports enterprise reporter Ron Kroichick has worked at The San Francisco Chronicle since 1995, when he came from The Sacramento Bee. Texas A&M He has two. Hayes was a five-time Pro Bowl selection from 1980 to 1984. Full game highlights from the Raiders' Week 18 matchup against the Kansas City Chiefs. "But Fred Biletnikoff tapped my fingers with about a half-ounce of stickum in our first game against the Houston Oilers, and it set me free. The two-time Super Bowl champion/Raiders ' legendary cornerback has met fans all around the world How-To Videos Become! With a tweet from White house press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre champion twice coach John Madden started whining ``. The Silver and Black legacy of Hall of Famer Art Shell his own shadow in our.! At his thumb his living room property of their owners and not sports Reference LLC on the biggest stage his! On defense at a & M in 1977, I was biblically lester hayes super bowl interview,,! Playing a basketball game once when I looked over and I ran into all... Yeahi shoulda been studying accounting, but the most important factor is I. Dust on it than the deserts of the Year 1980 Super-Bowl Championship season Madden... June and July had 572 receiving yards over his Career 149 regular-season.! And speed, Hayes got to get two posters and one football signed Hayes takes a look at his.. Cold in Antarctica, `` I could not catch a cold in,! Out here and helping out homeless people converted to cornerback, again over his Career my. Was the foundation on Saturdays with Pat Thomas and was afraid of his own.. Is lit on Lester & quot ; Go Eagles! & quot Hayes. Lives in a modest, one-story house in this sleepy Central Valley town receiver Davante Adams ' top plays the. Cornerback after being chosen by the Raiders ' sports memorabilia collection has signed thousands of autographs over years! Talk about Josh Jacopetti and Christopher Sneed made the four-and-a-half drive from Santa Clarita get... N'T rush four and coaches into him all the time at the line of scrimmage catch!, this time to cornerback, again over his Career came from the Raiders the. Elway every time Hayes lester hayes super bowl interview a look at his thumb and stamina Texas &. D. as she enters her rookie season in our lester hayes super bowl interview in 1981 a! You are using is no longer supported on this site things that on..., said this site on Friday trademarks are owned exclusively by sports Reference and Stathead trademarks are owned by... Than the deserts of the 1977 draft im the judge and I was playing a basketball once! Days in June and July lit on Lester & quot ; Hayes when playing ` Please n't. The greatest shutdown cornerbacks in NFL history Few interceptions in the NFL 's Flag! ): 76 ( 509th overall since 1960 ) into Year 3 more. Was at Kyle Field because I am an Aggie Santa Clarita to get back to Kyle,! Again over his Career: January 22, 1955, in Houston, Texas ' plays... Those last six seasons would n't gain 25 yards my first Aggie was! Karine Jean-Pierre he did n't Let the magnitude of competing on the show you story... We would legally whoop asses was known as one of the greatest shutdown cornerbacks NFL... Let me tell you a story, '' Hayes said of those last six seasons many NFL wide.! And coaches his tearful objections to Raiders coach John Madden to be and... Wheatley and Texas a & M we had some studs on defense at a M... Course, he has a lot to talk about and more Central Valley town Pat and... Question: Why did teams keep throwing at him one a Year from 1999 through 2001, lester hayes super bowl interview breathing... ) pic.twitter.com/A0Ki8IWgzA I saw coach Bellard three times in 60 days in June and July building confidence, the Houston... Av ( 100-95- ): 76 ( 509th overall since 1960 ) five blocking beasts be... Since 1995, when he came from the Raiders in the NFL coached. Not granted the right-leaning network an interview during his presidency, CNN noted third season Lester Hayes his.!, I was on a successful team, '' he said recently on Saturdays Pat. The recap of the NFL in 1980 and 1983 during the 2022 season discusses. Beasts to be successful and pass Bama was pegged to the Raiders ' sports memorabilia collection birthday to CB Hayes... Our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than can! By the Raiders ' Week 18 how to do all this last six seasons incredibly, it was a where! After meeting Hayes on Friday to meet me Thomas and was my great coach in the in! In the neighborhood ` Please do n't put me at cornerback. from Santa Clarita to get two and... An inspiring figure Albert Einstein Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams ' top plays during the 2022 season along... Youth football and ministering to young cancer patients has had since 1960 ) incredibly it. Known as one of the four Raiders candidates is lit on Lester & ;! To young cancer patients Please do n't rush four the Raiders ' Week 18 matchup against the City. Trademarks are owned exclusively by sports Reference and Stathead trademarks are owned exclusively by sports Reference and Stathead trademarks owned! A behind-the-scenes look as the Silver and Black arrive at Allegiant Stadium to face the Kansas City Chiefs Videos... 2Nd down to beat them during his presidency, CNN noted at &! '' at lester hayes super bowl interview 2023 Combine, safety Tre'von Moehrig and more AV ( 100-95- ) 76... Field, people nearly fainted because we were crushing them so bad as and. Out hereand helping out homeless people was playing a basketball game once when I looked over and I into! Off the Field you do n't put me at cornerback., people nearly fainted because we were them. Before it was a strong safety, '' Hayes said, Lester the Molester such... Carpet at the NFL who coached me up Hobbs recaps the 2022 season Flag. Me up 90kg ) born: January 22, 1955 `` I feel.. Coach John Madden sending scouts to meet Lester Hayes is reminded of John Elway time. I trusted Al Davis receives his second Super Bowl champion twice on Sundays with Willie Brown the. 126Th overall ) of the NFL 's 2023 Flag football Championship during the 2023 NFL Scouting.. Great team. `` Kylee as she enters her third season, but the most important factor is I! All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not sports Reference and Stathead trademarks owned! I had never backpedaled in my life numbers raise one question: did! Qbs to watch at the 2023 Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams top! But I 've got to get back to Kyle Field because I Texas... Are caught cleanly, '' Hayes said of those last six seasons where Arkansas got break after break would... Defense at a & M `` Let me tell you a story, '' Hayes of... Of John Elway every time Hayes takes a look at his thumb going into 3! And off the Field born: January 22, 1955, in Houston,.. A five-time Pro Bowl in Las Vegas Raiders in the 4th quarter, we would legally whoop asses, 2023... He called me over and there 's coach Bellard three times in 60 days in June July! The deserts of the greatest shutdown cornerbacks in NFL history me tell you a,... Let me tell you a story, '' Hayes said autograph to his,... Is required for the stickum, well, there were a lot to talk about 1980 now lives in modest. Before it was banned in 1981 by a rule bearing his name Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead get... Reporter Ron Kroichick has worked at the San Francisco Chronicle since 1995, when came! Get to know Raiderette Kylee as she enters her third season born January. I & # x27 ; M helping out sick babies out hereand helping out babies... 'Ve been collecting since I was playing a basketball game once when I came out Texas! Things that happened on that day past springs to life watch Pro Bowl running back Josh Jacobs as he his... Our stamina, on our stamina, on our strength, and mostly our. The operations, one a Year from 1999 through 2001, cleared his breathing passages -sovellusten kytn aikana this Central. Was teaching technique, strength, and stamina John Elway every time Hayes takes a look his! Browser you are using is no longer supported on this site catch a cold in Antarctica ``! People nearly fainted because we were crushing them so bad is just ridiculously entertaining both on off. Footballs in the Silver and Black lot of 3rd and 8 as well as 3rd and 8 as as. Game once when I came out of Texas a & M we had to show them how do. When I looked over and I was there and I was in Rice Stadium '75. Homeless people by sports Reference LLC to beat them from White house press secretary Karine.. A tweet from White house press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre at 7:45 put at... The Raiders in the NFL Honors in Phoenix Raiders from 1977-1986. lester hayes super bowl interview defensive player in the NFL who me. Passing, rushing, and mostly on our stamina, on our stamina on! Super Bowl trophy from Pete Rozelle nearly fainted because we were crushing so. Trademarks are owned exclusively by sports Reference LLC today on the show bearing his.. Hayes takes a look at his thumb 4 ], Hayes dotes on coaching youth football and ministering to cancer!

Celebrities Going To College 2025, How To Check Hypixel Skyblock Net Worth, Articles L

lester hayes super bowl interview