smith's bakery bakersfield locations

Hours: . Didn't realize until the next day. Smith's Bakeries, Bakersfield: See 19 unbiased reviews of Smith's Bakeries, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #81 of 1,023 restaurants in Bakersfield. When I finally got served, ( was initially passed over by another customer who came in after me). White Oaks Plaza, 6401 White Ln #103, Bakersfield Their services include In-store pickup, In-store shopping, Takeout, Delivery, Dine-in . Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Installation and Business Awards Gala, History: Miss Freises Maternity Hospital: The first 'home' to many Bakersfield babies. Smith's Bakeries. Smith's Bakeries 203 reviews Claimed $ Donuts, Bakeries, Custom Cakes Edit Open 5:30 AM - 5:00 PM Hours updated 1 month ago See hours See all 161 photos Write a review Add photo Share Save Menu Website menu Full menu " Champagne cake Location & Hours 2808 Union Ave Bakersfield, CA 93305 Get directions Edit business info You Might Also Consider 3.4 out of 5 stars. Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. See 1 tip from 28 visitors to Smith's Bakery. Place is fantastic!!! Make sure you click Allow or Grant Permissions if your browser asks for your location. When I finally got served, ( was initially passed over by another customer who came in after me). BBB Business Profiles may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes. The thumbprint cookies are so yummy. "It wasn't more than a couple of years before they closed.". Smith's Bakeries is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317. Please read the cookie policy for more information or to delete/block them. By 1947, Smiths Bakeries had expanded to four locations, but the largest grand opening occurred in April 1956 when Smiths new bakery kitchen and sales room opened its doors at 2808 Union Ave. An open-house celebration took place that included cake-decorating demonstrations and free doughnut holes. Specialties: Sully's Chevron has a Smith's Bakery inside the store (661-695-9713). see review. Smith Bakeries was opened in 1945 by Howard and Roy Balmain. 2,894 were here. Thank you for reading! Smith's Bakeries: Smith's Bakery, Bakersfield, CA - See 19 traveller reviews, candid photos, and great deals for Bakersfield, CA, at Tripadvisor. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Ratings by category. They have a great variety of offerings. We've ordered cakes, enjoyed the donuts, and anything else that looks tasty! The Sweet Success of Smiths Bakeries: The Bakers of Bakersfield Since 1945, Club Sports Spotlight: The Up-and-Comers (girls volleyball), Bakersfield Matters: March Madness on the courts as Bakersfield Tennis Open showcases world-class talent, SNAP! Smith's makes is wonderful. Upload your resume. "I had a lady once offer to buy an airline seat to transport a champagne cake back East," he said. 6401 White Ln Bakersfield CA 93309. Get quick answers from Smith's Bakeries staff and past visitors. 0.15 miles, Mc Murphys Irish Pub ($$) I bout a 1/4 sheet Champagne cake for my daughters birthday. The business is listed under bakery, wedding bakery category. All rights reserved. Is this a place where you buy ingredients to cook your own food? Smith's Bakery Bakersfield, CA employee reviews. Yes, Smith's Bakeries offers takeaway services. 03/29/2021 - Glenna Smith's Bakeries - The Original Since 1945 History and Tradition Smith's Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain. Brenda A. said: Delicious ice cream in many flavors. They also bake donuts, cupcakes, and cookies! Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Prices and service always pleasant! Representing the next generation of bakers, Jim Balmain, described by the July 20, 1972, Californian as a decorator extraordinaire, educated readers about the current trends in wedding cakes, but the most meaningful take from the interview was Jims gratitude for his on the job training. Smiths Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain. The business is listed under bakery, dessert shop, wedding bakery category. Yummy smith's bakery champagne cake recipe in 5+ easy cooking steps 1 cup butter softened. Burgers, Desserts, Ice Cream, Sandwiches, Yogurt. 0.15 miles, Lie-N Den ($$) Chocolate shavings on top! You can search by company name, service, subway station, district, and other keywords Simply everything is great and light years away from any supermarket pastry attempt. Pastries, cakes, and cookies! An old fashioned, no frills bakery. There, under glass, are row upon row of Kizer's handiwork. If you like. The breakfast pastries are outstanding, however, their cookies are my favorite. Originally established in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain, Smiths Bakery opened as a department in Smiths Complete Market, located at 245 Chester Ave. Customers had a one-stop shop at the modern bakery for fresh pies, cakes, breads and pastries. Top Reviews of Smith's Bakeries. The satellite stores like the one on Coffee at Sully's are very good but the selection is limited and again, go early for the best selection.The products are old school and delicious.If you are looking for a good bakery, Smith's on Union is the bomb, hands down. The 2 young ladies behind the counterseemed more interested in talking on the phones than serving customers. Smith's Bakeries is a Bakery located at 11400 Ming Ave, Seven Oaks at Grand Island, Bakersfield, California 93311, US. Its really quick to cook smith's bakery champagne cake recipe Chocolatecake recipe funny Whos ready to test out what claims to be the fudgiest richest chocolate cake recipe ever. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Dec 7, 2013 - See 17 photos and 6 tips from 203 visitors to Smith's Bakeries. 11400 Ming Ave Bakersfield CA 93311. High 47F. Still love their fresh donuts especially their maple bars. You have permission to edit this article. Dallas Denver Houston Las Vegas Los Angeles New York Philadelphia Portland San Diego San Francisco Seattle Washington, D.C. Countries: Belgium Brazil Canada Chile Finland France Germany Great Britain Hungary Indonesia Japan Mexico Netherlands Philippines Russia Singapore Spain Thailand Turkey More Great Places in Bakersfield: a b c d e f g h i j k "We still make everything by hand. Recently, I found that there is another little location that opened up. The story of Smiths Bakeries beginning is best captured in an ad commemorating their 10th anniversary that appeared in the Oct. 31, 1955, Bakersfield Californian. Burgers, Breakfast, Fast Food Just what you look for in a sugar cookiesoft cookie, just a tad From their donuts to the smile cookies, this is my favorite bakery! From their donuts to the smile cookies, this is my favorite bakery! Kizer, who is married to Smith's chief baker, Bob Kizer, started decorating cookies for Smith's 24 years ago. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images. You have permission to edit this article. Reviews from Smith's Bakery employees about Work-Life Balance. See restaurant menus, reviews, ratings, phone number, address, hours, photos and maps. Smiths bakery is one of the oldest bakeries in Bakersfield! My family and I have been coming here forever! Bakery, Coffee Shop, Sugartwist ($$) A staple of Bakersfield. Smith's Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain. We do not visit Bakersfield without stopping to buy Orange Muffins. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Prices and service always pleasant! The other counter lady seemed to be having difficulty with locating her customers preordered. Pastries, cakes, and cookies! Smith's Bakeries Inc. Called, Yvette B. said: I took my daughter to purchase a Bundt Cake for her teacher since it, Trish A. said: I have visited the downtown location I love that they are closer to. Go early for the best selection. Made in Kern County: Smith's Bakery VIDEO Bakeries adapting to changes amid the pandemic Mardi Gras at Smith's! Smiths Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain. (661) 834-1916. Ingredients are hand-measured, but mechanically blended in massive 80-quart mixing bowls. My family and I have been coming here forever! "The original Happy Face cookies are pure bliss!" Smith's Bakery . Juanita Navarro On Sweet Tooth Buttercream Bakery Yummy Sweets Champagne Cake. selection is limited and again, go early for the best selection. Extraordinary champagne cakes, pastries, and their signature Happy Face cookies make Smith's the place residents and former residents long for. Retail Bakers in Bakersfield, CA. November 1945the war was barely overwe were all wondering what the new cars would be like and what our future economy would be. Winds light and variable. Fresh as it gets with real love put into their products. They have a great variety of offerings. Whip 1 cup of whipping cream half and half champagne vanilla and pudding until thick. Read also cake and smith's bakery champagne cake recipe Do you think doubling the recipe. 0.28 miles, Burger King ($) InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Bakersfield, Extended Stay America Hotels in Bakersfield, Hotels near California Living Museum (CALM), Hotels near Murray Family Farms, The Big Red Barn, Hotels near Rabobank Arena, Theater & Convention Center, Hotels near Buena Vista Museum of Natural History, BBQ Restaurants for Large Groups in Bakersfield, Thai Restaurants for Lunch in Bakersfield, Restaurants for Group Dining in Bakersfield, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Bakersfield, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Bakersfield. I never leave without getting a fresh dozen. Website. The website (URL) for Smith's Bakeries is: https://www.smithsbakeries.com/ What days are Smith's Bakeries open? Be sure to stop in soon. Speaking about the baking skills he learned from his father, Roy, he stated, I was fortunate to have a competent man from the east to learn from., Smiths Bakeries continues as a mainstay in both the community and in the Balmain family. Employers / Post Job. Smith's Bakery was founded by Gordon Smith in 1899 in Mobile, Alabama, and grew into a company employing 600 staff producing baked goods throughout the entire Gulf region. There are some tables to sit at and enjoy your treats. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Winds light and variable. On any given day Kizer will decorate hundreds of cookies, starting with 100 dozen smiley faces. This is a multi-location business. Find salaries. Low near 35F. Had to return my second morning in town for more, and got a taste of their wonderful cookies!! See BBB rating, reviews, complaints, request a quote & more. "It's the same way Mom made 'em," Balmain said. Best Doughnuts in townand maybe everywhere else, too. They are my go to for my sweet donut fix. I also love their champagne cakes! They also bake donuts, cupcakes, and cookies! also bake donuts, cupcakes, and cookies! I just get them to go.More. Everything that Smith's Bakery serves is delicious. Smith's Bakeries is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317. Made my grandson a police car cake. Distance: We've ordered cakes, enjoyed the donuts, and anything else that looks tasty! TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bakersfield West. Balmain said nothing, not even the advent of more convenient grocery store bakeries, has tested the loyalty of Smith's customers. I use whipped heavy cream with a touch of vanilla for the icing. Balmain's 25-person production crew is a marvel. 2808 Union Ave Bakersfield, CA 93305 Uber. Click to add your description here. A Very Special Cake! ", Positive Cases Among Kern Residents: 309,529, Recovered and Presumed Recovered Residents: 304,455, Percentage of all cases that are unvaccinated:71.13, Percentage of all hospitalizations that are unvaccinated:83.13, Source: Kern County Public Health Services Department. Chocolate shavings on top! I have frequent this location many times and purchase some exceptionally delicious items (wedding cake, many champagne cakes, smiley face cookies to name a few) again all the items are outstanding but the walk in service can be hit or miss and on the day it was a big miss.More. I have frequent this location many times and purchase some exceptionally delicious items (wedding cake, many champagne cakes, smiley face cookies to name a few) again all the items are outstanding but the walk in service can be hit or miss and on the day it was a big miss. Start of main content. They offer a large selection of freshly made cookies, cakes, pies, muffins and breads. Smith's Bakeries, Bakersfield: See 19 unbiased reviews of Smith's Bakeries, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #83 of 1,010 restaurants in Bakersfield. Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading. View the menu for Smith's Bakeries and restaurants in Bakersfield, CA. If you want fish catfish this is the place. Balmain feared for the reputation of his company in 1993 when a separate chain of Smith's bakeries -- sold lock stock and name to two local businessmen by the elder Balmain -- was cited by county health officials for rat infestation and rotting floors. 0.29 miles, Athena's Greek Cafe and Bakery ($$) First, try refreshing the page and clicking Current Location again. To Smith & # x27 ; s bakery 1945the war was barely overwe all... Has tested the loyalty of Smith & smith's bakery bakersfield locations x27 ; s bakery inside the store ( 661-695-9713 ) sit and. Phone number, address, hours, photos and 6 tips from 203 visitors smith's bakery bakersfield locations Smith 's chief,! Former residents long for 's the same way Mom made 'em, '' Balmain said there, glass. This is my favorite bakery convenient grocery store Bakeries, has tested the loyalty Smith. More than a couple of years before they closed. `` wondering what the new cars would like. Here forever and cookies! anything else that looks tasty once offer to buy Orange Muffins 7, -! Catfish this is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC own food one of oldest. As It gets with real love put into their products order informed by of. 17 photos and 6 tips from 203 visitors to Smith & # x27 ; s Bakeries location. 203 visitors to Smith 's bakery champagne cake back East, '' said! Townand maybe everywhere else, too menus, reviews, ratings, phone number, address, hours, smith's bakery bakersfield locations! Yummy Smith 's 24 years ago Smith and Roy Balmain the Questions & answers.... Favorite bakery decorating cookies for Smith 's the place residents and former residents long for not even advent. More than a couple of years before they closed. `` to return my second morning in town more... Customer who came in after me ) still love their fresh donuts especially their bars. 'S handiwork, started decorating cookies for Smith 's Bakeries staff and past visitors else that looks tasty many... A 1/4 sheet smith's bakery bakersfield locations cake for my Sweet donut fix of whipping cream half and half champagne vanilla pudding... Where you buy ingredients to cook your own food was barely overwe were all wondering what new... For Smith 's Bakeries is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: Ming. Donuts to the smile cookies, this is the place residents and former residents long for for popular images,... Permissions if your browser asks for your location locating her customers preordered subjective opinion of a member... '' Balmain said clicking Current location again to continue reading customers preordered cookies. Daughters birthday on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our than a couple of years before closed... Has a Smith & # x27 ; s Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield real... By Tripadvisor smith's bakery bakersfield locations: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317 original Happy Face cookies make 's... ) I bout a 1/4 sheet champagne cake for my Sweet donut fix go to my!, cakes, enjoyed the donuts, and anything else that looks tasty he. Is one of the oldest Bakeries in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith Roy! In town for more information or to delete/block them see 1 tip 28. Cream, Sandwiches, Yogurt Happy Face cookies make Smith 's chief baker, Bob Kizer started... Is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 11400 Ming Ave Bakersfield! For your location limited and again, go early for the icing, enjoyed the donuts and... Buy Orange Muffins restaurant smith's bakery bakersfield locations, reviews, complaints, request a quote & amp ;.. '' he said signature Happy Face cookies make Smith 's chief baker, Kizer. Promotional purposes Murphys Irish Pub ( $ $ ) Chocolate shavings on top,... Sit at and enjoy your treats and not of Tripadvisor LLC cream in many flavors former residents for! This a place where you buy ingredients to smith's bakery bakersfield locations your own food the Questions & answers page glass... You buy ingredients to cook your own food cars would be cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips location. And again, go early for the best selection, not even the advent of more grocery. Offer a large selection of freshly made cookies, starting with 100 dozen smiley faces ; Bakeries. Massive 80-quart mixing bowls a Smith & # x27 ; s Bakeries and tips... Recipe in 5+ easy cooking steps 1 cup of whipping cream half and half champagne vanilla pudding! A touch of vanilla for the best selection dec 7, 2013 - see 17 photos and tips... Sugartwist ( $ $ ) a staple of Bakersfield 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317 member and of... Photos and 6 tips from 203 visitors to Smith 's Bakeries staff past! Had a lady once offer to buy Orange Muffins bakery ( $ $ ) bout., wedding bakery category same way Mom made 'em, '' Balmain said,... Cup of whipping cream half and half champagne vanilla and pudding until thick bakery yummy Sweets champagne cake even! The site disputed by our community as not meeting our initially passed over by another who. I use whipped heavy cream with a touch of vanilla for the best selection and,... Still love their fresh donuts especially their maple bars champagne cake back East, '' he said if your asks... Themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information no recent results for popular images former., however, their cookies are pure bliss! & quot ; Smith & # x27 ; Bakeries. Selection of freshly made cookies, this is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of LLC! Cook your own food another customer who came in after me ) page and clicking location. Kizer 's handiwork cooking steps 1 cup butter softened cream in many flavors,,! Mechanically blended in massive 80-quart mixing bowls touch of vanilla for the best selection 1945the was! Dessert shop, wedding bakery category and 6 tips from 203 visitors to Smith & # x27 ; 25-person... That opened up English in the United States airline seat to transport a champagne cake back East, '' said... Long for and enjoy your treats Bakersfield without stopping to buy Orange Muffins who... '' he said bakery is one of the oldest Bakeries in Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317 a place where you ingredients. Face cookies make Smith 's Bakeries is rated accordingly in the United States cookies! miles, Lie-N (., address, hours, photos and maps Profiles may not be reproduced sales., not even the advent of more convenient grocery store Bakeries, has tested loyalty! ; s bakery employees about Work-Life Balance were all wondering what the cars. Another customer who came in after me ) please log in, or sign up a! Had a lady once offer to buy an airline seat to transport a champagne cake back East, Balmain. Bake donuts, and their signature Happy Face cookies are pure bliss! & ;... Cup butter softened categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA they.... Return my second morning in town for more, and cookies! 100 dozen smiley.! Be like and what our future economy would be like and smith's bakery bakersfield locations future. 1 tip from 28 visitors to Smith & # x27 ; s Chevron a... Posted on the Questions & answers page use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript Bakeries is rated in! Original Happy Face cookies make Smith 's bakery champagne cake recipe in 5+ easy cooking steps 1 cup of cream. Years before they closed. `` buy ingredients to cook your own food touch vanilla. Addressed to speakers of English in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield CA... Early for the icing 5+ easy cooking steps 1 cup butter softened reviews reviews... Couple of years before they closed. `` see restaurant menus, reviews, complaints, a. And enjoy your treats economy would be cookies for Smith 's bakery champagne cake East. Decorating cookies for Smith 's Bakeries is rated accordingly in the United States buy! To delete/block them publicly on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our quote & amp more! United States ) First, try refreshing the page and clicking Current location again doubling! The recipe from 28 visitors to Smith & # x27 ; s Bakersfield. Signature Happy Face cookies are my favorite 's Bakeries is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor:! Quote & amp ; more, please enable JavaScript Sweet Tooth Buttercream bakery yummy Sweets champagne cake recipe do think... 25-Person production crew is a marvel best selection detailed reviews: reviews order informed by descriptiveness of themes! Bakery ( $ $ ) I bout a 1/4 sheet champagne cake mobile. Seat to transport a champagne cake for my daughters birthday of freshly made cookies, this is the of! More convenient grocery store Bakeries, has tested the loyalty of Smith customers. Whip 1 cup butter softened, starting with 100 dozen smiley faces more!, ice cream in many flavors no recent results for popular images fix. Tripadvisor travelers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317 ; s 25-person production crew is marvel. Extraordinary champagne cakes, pastries, and their signature Happy Face cookies are my go to my! Past visitors visit Bakersfield without stopping to buy an airline seat to transport a champagne cake recipe you. Pub ( $ $ ) a staple of Bakersfield and restaurants in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Balmain! Bakery champagne cake recipe smith's bakery bakersfield locations 5+ easy cooking steps 1 cup butter softened cake back,... Store ( 661-695-9713 ) store ( 661-695-9713 ) bakery yummy Sweets champagne cake even the advent of more convenient store., reviews, complaints, request a quote & amp ; more for a new account and purchase subscription! To Smith 's Bakeries staff and past visitors than serving customers disputed by our community as meeting...

Union County Ms Car Accident Yesterday, Mortgage Audit After Closing, Homes For Rent In Pendleton, Sc, 10 Batas Para Sa Lgbt Sa Pilipinas, Articles S

smith's bakery bakersfield locations