taurus 605 year of manufacture

Second, the entire concept of what constituted reliability escapes most gun writers. This is usually because there is a lot of dirt and grime that gets built up in the revolver over time. Capacity : 5Rd. But there are several issues with the gun. I have an 85 UL its so good I sold my 642 because the Taurus trigger is better and I only shoot double action. In 2005, Taurus released an updated version of the revolver, called the Taurus 650. Well if they are accurate you can add about 10% to my estimations. The less traditional and generally cheaper option is Taurus. Genuine Ford replacement parts are backed by the manufacturer's warranty. After that one, the odds would rise along a parabolic arc to a point where the gun never fired again! Otherwise excellent review. .38 Special were more Bs than As. Taurus Model 66 .357 Magnum Stainless Revolver (4-inch Barrel), Taurus Model 444 Raging Bull .44 Magnum Stainless Revolver (8 3/8-inch Barrel), Taurus Model 66 357 Magnum Stainless Revolver with 4-Inch Barrel (Cosmetic Blemishes), Taurus Judge Public Defender 410GA/45LC Revolver (Cosmetic Blemishes), Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly 45LC/.410 Gauge Revolver with 2.5 inch Barrel, Taurus Judge Public Defender 410GA/45LC Polymer-Frame Revolver, Taurus M380 Ultralite 380 ACP DAO Revolver (Cosmetic Blemishes). The matte stainless, 2-inch model 605 I tested is listed at $405.92, and the 605 line as a whole ranges from $388 to $540 depending on the options we discussed above. The Taurus 605 is the quintessential 5-shot, 2 barreled small frame snubnose revolver with a small grip, small sights, and a heavy trigger. The 450 wouldnt lock into single action, the 357 would constantly miss the primer in double action but worked fine in single, the polymer protectors trigger would get locked to the rear, and the Judges cylinder catch sheered off. Clever! Yeah, my glock 22 is my go to for most things (i was trained on the glock, it feels like an extension of my hand), but the 605 is my go-to for conceal. I know several people who have chronod Buffalo Bore rounds (not this particular one, but other stuff), and they matched what BB advertises. 9mm Pistol, Gun Review: Taylors & Company TC9 1873 SA Single Action Revolver, Classic Gun Review: Marlin Model 39 .22 Lever Action Rifle, http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/38special.html, http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html, http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html. The used value of a TAURUS 605 pistol has risen $10.65 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $324.42 . Id love to be convinced of this. On my first attempt with the 605 I shot a 209. I settled on carrying the 605 in a hybrid leather and Kydex IWB holster where it disappeared under a single layer of clothing and was barely noticeable when carried all day. Do you want to receive updates on whats new in the world of Taurus guns and accessories directly to your email? With their simplicity of operation and ease of concealability, theyre a good option for carry, nightstand duty, or to tuck in a vehicles console. Oh, and you can consider the new Ruger LCR in 9mm, which is +P rated. The six-shot revolver is chambered in .38 Special and features a two-inch barrel. :smt023 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We would be happy to provide you with any information we have for your firearm. double/single revolver sao semi auto . The extra lockup nub can be seen on the top of the crane, and the receiving notch in the frame can be seen just beyond it. The 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard of quality including the Taurus lifetime warranty. Looked new, not even a cylinder ring. I think the deal with a snubby is that when youve reached the best of both worlds youre left with a gun thats only mildly unpleasant to shoot, this gun is punishing to shoot with .357 rounds . He is a husband, father, grandfather, police officer, outdoorsman, artist and a student of history. I have given thought to trying to steer her into just that. Aug 07, 2011 This is way to match up the exactly know the date of manufacture on your handgun by Taurus The frist alphbet is the caliber,second alphbet is year and third is month of manyfacture for example 45 ACP. Just keep in mind that bad guys can also see how many rounds you have left, so its not the best choice for concealment. Glad I had my Taurus 85 that day I was able finish off 150 of those dirty reloads without a hitch. Stay tuned as well also take a look at the Taurus Model 66 in a future edition of TFBs Wheelgun Wednesday. Winchester white box 110 grain; Speer Gold Dot short barrel 135 grain; Remington HTP 110 grain; & Winchester 125 grain PDX1 Defender are all 357 magnum rounds that feel like youre shooting a 38 special P round. Model 85 Ultra-Lite Gray Model 85 Ultra-Lite Titanium Model 850 Ultra-Lite Blue Model 850 Ultra-Lite Stainless Steel Model 605 Taurus Polymer Protector Model 851 and 651 Revolvers Model 94. Taurus 605 Polymer .357 Magnum 5rd 2" Revolver 2-605029PLY; Skip to the end of the images gallery . With only a five round capacity, some may feel a small-framed snubbie is inadequate. But dont just assume or promulgate that a .357 is better than a 9mm in all places at all times. The revolver has a five-shot cylinder and features a double-action trigger mechanism. But this gun functions flawlessly, is reasonably priced and packs a wallop with the 357s. 1 Year Repair with 1 Annual Maintenance - $24.99. The Taurus605 was introduced in 1997, and was discontinued in 2004. used taurus m605 stainless .357 magnum 5 shot revolover, factory box and papers, . Got it first time. thanks . Might wanna see if she will upgrade to .357 .38 special is better than 9mm, but just barely. Ribber Grip. I find the .38+P to be quicker to follow up shots with accurately. I know this gun would have a hefty amount of felt recoil, thats the trade off for carrying such a hot round in a potato chip Why should we cut down on a rating just because it kicks as hard as we think it will? And that's all we sell on this website, all at discount pricing. I deduct one star for being a little heavy for pocket carry though. Like a millenium G2 for $240. https://youtu.be/CD2t_qG9dls. This 2013 Taurus SHO Washer hose is a 100% genuine OEM replacement part shipped directly to you from our Ford dealership. The all-steel construction makes it durable and the DA/SA trigger provides a smooth, consistent trigger pull. I was kidding. In the case of .357 the Buffalo Bore and Double Tap etc. The Taurus Model 605 is a double-action/single-action, five-shot, snubnosed revolver chambered in .357 Magnum. Ours has the lock, but is older, looking back I have had it over six years now. The traditional players in the snubnose .357 Magnum revolver game are Smith &Wesson and Ruger, both building exceptional guns. Action : Revolver. Sights: Fixed Ramp Front/Gutter Rear Some external ballistics data on 9mm vs .357: And the recoil absorbing extra weight was well appreciated. manufacturer. 1, 3, 4 building quality revolvers (for the money) and the 2nd incarnation being junk. My S&W Model 36 HKS speedloaders were perfectly sized to the cylinders chambers, so each reload went in smooth and quick. Unlock the Benefits of Knowing Your Winchester Serial Number, Complete Buyers Guide to the Sig Sauer P228. My first experience with Taurus revolvers was my brother-in-laws Model 44, years ago. I always thought 9mm is better than 38 Special. The accuracy was largely aided by the great trigger of the Taurus 605. If I were more accustomed to working that heavy a trigger with my left hand, I think I could match my best score with this gun. Every cowboy needs a revolver. If wheelguns (or .357s) are your thing, then go on with your bad self. Truly, the new DT is the best revolver in its class. Not a good thing in personal protection, but hollow nose 357s, if hit any part of target will stop them cold. 22 LR / 22 WMR Matte Black Oxide 6.50 in. Am old, comfy with wheelguns. But I dont carry talisman guns. Nxy 00000 (N = Calibre, x = year of manufacture, y = month of manufacture, 00000 = sequential number). Oh, and Id really wonder how that baby would handle with hotter .357s. All Rights Reserved, Gun Review: The Taurus 605 in one word? Just enter your S/N and it tells you model and date of manufacture. I dont feel under- or over-gunned with it, and its five-shot cylinder gives it a slim profile for comfortable carry. Im carrying the .357 reduced recoil loads. These revolvers are simply so light that the recoil is severe enough to cause crimp jump. The example I'm reviewing is the 2-inch stainless version, fitted with a rubber grip. Using the powerful .357 Magnum cartridge, this quick-draw revolver has plenty of muscle to back it up. Unlike most of its semi-auto counterparts though, it packs a wallop worthy of being featured in a title fight. It stuck with me (mostly). Model 73. My chart isn't perfect, but it's in the ballpark. Urban Titanium Camo Knife. It is a 5-shot revolver that is great for concealed carrying. Odd you deducted one. We would be happy to provide you with any information we have for your firearm. If you love to wear hoodies? It should be compared to all guns that are meant to be pocketed or easily concealed. Wish Taurus or S&W or Ruger made a new small-frame .44 Spcl, like the old Charter Arms Bulldog Pug. I also have a Taurus TCP738 which is by far the best 380 Ive ever owned more accurate and reliable than the overrated PPK/S I had and more than the Mustang ll I had. But the trigger pull didnt inspire much confidence in me and I ended up selling it. The 605 is also available with 2 and 3-inch barrel lengths, and several different grip options. They claim it gets a 158 gr bullet to 1000+ fps out of a 1 7/8-inch barrel. The Taurus 605 comes in a fancy cardboard box with some Taurus artwork on it, and all the usual suspects (owner's manual, etc.) By signing up you agree to Guns.com's So what separates the snubnose from everything else in the category? Theres definitely a substantial difference in recoil over pretty much everything else I shoot. Caliber : 357 Magnum. Its very comfortable for all day carry and barely prints under a tee shirt during summer months. This is not John Waynes revolver it is a modern work of art! (1) Taurus 856 Black with Crimson Trace Laser 38 Special Revolver. COMPARING THE 300 WIN MAG AND THE 300 WEATHERBY MAG, TP9SF Issues: Caniks Newest Pistol Has Seen A Lot Of Complaints, This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar, 2022 Yestactical.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Doug can be reached at battleshipgrey61 AT gmail.com, or battleshipgrey61 on Instagram. (Photo by J.P. Anderson). Here's what it's like to shoot this classic scattergun. I also fired Remington SJHP .357 125gr: Tracker 1371/1359/1383; 605 1138/1151/1221. About Taurus 605 This personal-defense revolver chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge has a 5-round cylinder with either a blued or stainless steel frame. Finally Remingtons FBI load 158gr 38Sp +P clocked 869/859/879 from the 4 Tracker and 772/795/779 from the 2 605. http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/38special.html We dont recommend this ammo to be fired in super light alloy revolvers as bullets may jump crimp under recoil, but the ammo itself wont hurt these super light weight revolvers. Odds do not stack upthey remain identical based on probabilities, based on prior modeling based on data! If you absolutely cant afford it, the 605 is a perfectly reliable gun, but the LCR is worth the extra money. Taurus By the Horns A new Podcast From Taurus USA, TFB Review: Comparing the Merits of Taurus G3X and New G3XL Pistols, Wheelgun Wednesday: TFB Review Taurus Raging Hunter 460, The Sexy Six Shooter Thats Superior to a Snub: Taurus 856 Defender Review. This can be handy if you want to check that the gun is unloaded without having to open it up. Overall a decent review tempered by the expected bias toward Taurus brand firearms. Frame: Small Action: DA/SA Front Sight: Fixed Length: 6.5 in. How did the Taurus perform? Revolver, .357/.38, double and single action, all around 300 bucks. Grips: Rubber Youre right about that meaning a lot. It helped that the target was propped up on the ground so I could see the impacts just in front of it, some of which were just skipping into the plate. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. I think reviews are for people that are not going to shoot every single gun ever made. Good review Nate. Buy PENNY AUCTION Taurus Model 605 2-605021 725327203018: GunBroker is the largest seller of Revolvers Pistols Guns & Firearms All: 973030020 . Not perfect, but close enough for Taurus apparently. Dependable,and reliable.Aloha. Some feel very well armed with the Taurus 605. . Features include fixed sights, crisp single-double action trigger and a . It does increase grip width a tad, but your shooting hand will thank you. Aug 07, 2011 This is way to match up the exactly know the date of manufacture on your handgun by Taurus The frist alphbet is the caliber,second alphbet is year and third is month of manyfacture for example 45 ACP. While fit and finish are generally good, there are a few nasty tool marks on the face of my 605s cylinder. The demand of new TAURUS 605 pistol's has risen 208 units over the past 12 months. Weight (unloaded): 24 ounces Sending your revolver back to the factory can be expensive, but it is often the only way to get it fixed correctly. In fact, I nicknamed this gun the hammer because it feels like youre hitting your hand with a hammer every time you shoot it with 357s. We were shooting 5, 10, 15 and 20 m. I picked the 605 up about a year and a half ago, and have put close to 1000 rounds through it. While its not really fair to compare +p+ 9mm rounds to standard (full) pressure .357 rounds, the advantages of each are strictly a property of the laws of physics. Shot both standard .357 125 grain and standard .38 special 158 grain. Or are you going by someone else on the internet that read some numbers a few weeks back? The example Im reviewing is the 2-inch stainless version, fitted with a rubber grip. Using the powerful .357 Magnum cartridge, this quick-draw revolver has plenty of muscle to back it up. It's very small and easy to conceal, yet still packs quite a punch! Get Guns.com offers and news!! I liked the fit and finish, and it felt right in my hand and was easily controllable, even with the stoutest magnum loads I had. Looked like some sort of binding was going on with pawl and cylinder ratchet. If youre in the market for a concealed carry revolver, I can certainly recommend the Taurus 605. . Modest. However, the Taurus 605 greatly exceeded my expectations in the accuracy department. 38s she could shoot in it all day long. Shot a bunch of IDPA drills with my 605 (double-action only) with a friend from IPSC days 30 years ago. Barrel: 2 Taurus Armas S.A. (previously known as Forjas Taurus S.A.) is a Brazilian manufacturing conglomerate based in So Leopoldo, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.Founded in 1924 as a tool and die forging plant, [citation needed] the company now consists of Taurus Armas, its firearm division, as well as other divisions focusing on metals manufacturing, plastics, body armors, helmets and civil construction. The main difference between the Taurus 85 and the Taurus 856 is that the former has an exposed hammer while the latter has a concealed one. Our Sitemap. The Taurus 605 exposes itself for us. This can be caused by a variety of things, such as dirt buildup or a damaged firing pin. The trigger is smooth and breaks cleanly, and can be staged in double action, if thats your preference. Compared to a revolver like the Ruger LCR the Taurus in stainless is a cinderblock. Still, they have been around and apparently have been dependable for ages. The number also looks low enough to actually be a Pasadena number. If you deduct points because its harder to shoot than a different gun in a lighter caliber, shouldnt you then also add points because it shoots a beefier round and therefore has more stopping power? It is like rooting for the underdog, it just feels right. The gun is also very reliable and has a good track record for durability. Finish : Stainless. It consist of 10 rounds shot freestyle, 10 rounds strong hand only and 10 rounds weak hand only from 25 yards at a B-8 replacement center target. Like many Taurus revolvers, it features an integral keylock. Modest. The good, bad, and the ugly of the Taurus 605 in 357 magnum. I dont have access to a chronograph, but here is a youtube test of the same ammo I was using from a 605. But with the .357, my follow up is slow. After all, before shot number one measured reliability is zero! Ive got the 5 stainless tracker in .44 mag. BTW these are under $300 on the internet on many sites. The Taurus Protector is a unique gun safe that allows you to quickly and easily access your firearms in the event of an emergency. This can be caused by a variety of things, such as dirt buildup or a damaged spring. Feel free to reach out to us or read our affiliate disclosure and privacy policy. Overall Length 11.20 In. But I dont think anyone got it. This personal-defense revolver chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge has a 5-round cylinder with either a blued or stainless steel frame. The DA/SA trigger is also very easy to master and provides a smooth, consistent trigger pull. HAROLD RADIEL on January 04, 2020: WHEN WAS MY WESTERN FIELD MODEL EMN-740 SERIAL NO. RK GUNS NEWSLETTER. That load hits 1500fps out of a 5.5 barrel in a Ruger Single Seven not sure what it will do in a 2-3 bbl, but it is a hot round As you say, you can also shoot 32H&RMag .32 S&W Long, and .32S&W from the same gun (The last 2 are about like shooting a .22LR). Sometimes you want oranges. If you are looking for a small frame revolver for concealed carry, the Taurus Model 60-five should definitely be on your list. Another thing to note about .357 is the hot loads are not +p but the actual original standard pressure loads, but the bigger ammo companies only put out lighter loads for the recoil averse. . Shooting 38s from this are fun and great practice, but 357s ouch.. In this case, a small conceal carry handgun. Im speaking in generalities, but there are some exceptions. Dont know how the newer iterations of the 605 perform, but Taurus did itself proud with this version. Enter the serial number (no spaces) of your firearm and click on "Search" to identify your model. However, if you are experiencing problems that are not covered by your warranty, you may want to consider sending it back to the factory for repairs. This target was from a couple cylinders of fast shooting. The Taurus 605 comes in a fancy cardboard box with some Taurus artwork on it, and all the usual suspects (owners manual, etc.) Thanks, Nate. On this stainless model, the integrated front sight is lit up nicely by daylight. And most other Tauri are extremely low priced. Overall Weight 46.00 Oz. $455.49. Using the hottest loads available (+p+) a full size 9mm with a 4.5-5 barrel will still be weaker than the hottest .357 loads in a 2 revolver and the revolver will be 30% below proof testing instead of 13%. 3 year Repair with 3 Maintenances - 1 Annual Maintenance - $49.99. Given the intended role and range of snub guns, one might think that the manufacturer would be willing to sacrifice a bit of detail to the trigger, especially on a budget revolver, but Taurus knocked the 605s trigger out of the park. Where I found the gun to fall short is in the rapid application of multiple rounds on a target, in other words, trying to shoot multiple rounds quickly inside of 7 yards. Our 357 mag. Sorry about that. Any issues have either been ammo or user related. A TAURUS 605 pistol is currently worth an average price of $354.34 new and $324.42 used . Ill most likely never use this, but I suppose its a nice option. Using the powerful .357 Magnum cartridge, this quick-draw revolver has plenty of muscle to back it up. I was impressed and he has had good reliability with it, so Ive been looking forward to trying out some other wheelguns from Taurus. Most .38+p loads probably barely break 200. Taurus begins manufacture of the PT-22 and PT-25 pistols. The Taurus Model 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance. for real time in stock ammo prices online. One final note: the Taurus 85 is also available in a view model that has a see-through cylinder. Sold Out. Taurus is a Brazilian firearms manufacturer that produces a wide variety of pistols, revolvers, and rifles. I have been running a Taurus 605 2 for four ior five years now and it displays outstanding performance. The phone number is 1- (800)327-3776. Performance was better using single action. I love this little gun. in matte black and the Taurus 605 T.O.R.O. The Taurus 605 is a prime example of a high-quality " pocket gun .". hollow-points is spot on. 22 LR / 22 WMR Matte Stainless 6.50 in. taurus 605 poly protector. But I liked it enough that I sold it to my uncle who grew up shooting snubbies so I can always shoot it again. Its inability to place rounds accurately down range when fired rapidly should be a huge negative. Taurus 605 Revolver - "Designed for the .357 Magnum this 5 shot in stainless or blue steel is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard. If thats legitimate I should be getting at least about 625lb/ft out of my 3 GP100WC. But, for reliability, you cant beat the revolver and I give it a thumbs up! Color : Silver. I like to shoot them. Trying to tame the muzzle flip under recoil is a chore that requires spot on technique and considerable grip strength, I am not sure I meet either of those qualifications. If youve already been carrying and shooting a Model 605, let us know how your experience has been. The flip side is the shooter has to be in beast mode to run this gun seriously. It is known for its durability and reliability, and is still prized by many owners today. Looking for a larger rubber grip than the hogue 67000 or pacmyr compac, for better recoil recovery. We will also provide tips on how to fix these issues if they occur. Carried in a fleece The North Face jacket it noticeably weighed the pocket down, enough so that I wasnt comfortable carrying the gun in a jacket because I felt it was too obvious. All our firearms are brand . +p rounds are up to 10% over standard and while there is no official standard for +p+ they are generally limited to +17% over standard pressure. She put 10rds through it then I handed her 5rds of off the shelf FMJ flat point so she would understand the power difference then another 15rds of HBWC. There is an answer. I highly doubt itll ever cause any kind of malfunctions and its there if I want it. What do you think about it? I resolved to return in a few days and try the .38s. But why 3 stars? The revolver was easy to control, and I blazed through the whole box of ammo without a hitch. Even though I am a performance driven shooter and trying to get off 5 rounds of .357 Magnum in a hurry is a difficult thing to do, I loved shooting .357 Magnum through this gun. It appears Taurus can only score based on their past. A Taurus605 is a revolver that was manufactured by the Brazilian firearms company Taurus International. Each Holster is Custom Made Specially For Selected Gun Model, Hand Made Premium Holsters by Traditional European Brands, Encrypted Data Transfers & 3D Security to Protect Your Personal Data, Certified By European SGS ISO 9001:2000 Certification Of Quality, More Than a Hundered of Holster Design For Hundereds of Gun Models, Limited 5 Years Warranty Will Cover You For a Long Time. Caliber: .357 Magnum And it will be awesome! The single action trigger press is a little on the heavy side, but is crisp and breaks clean for those that might use it. My hope is to practice with a few cylinders of .357 to begin each session, as thats what Ill be carrying in it, then switch to the .38 for the remainder of my drills so that my hand doesnt feel like it was hit with a shovel. See plan details 3 year Repair with 3 Maintenances - 1 Annual Maintenance - $89.99 Ratchet looked poorly machined. The rear sight is typical for snub-noses in that its a gutter sight milled into the top strap of the revolver, with the rear notch featuring a cut that aids in contrasting the front sight. Sometimes you want apples. Ive owned S/W, Colts, and this 605 is all I need. Mossberg 500 vs 590: Which Shotgun Is Right for You? Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. A Customer Care agent will be available to assist you Monday-Friday from 8:00AM-6:00PM ET. The Taurus Model 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance. I had an 85 and it ran perfectly. Features and specs: 4.25 barrel length 15-round magazine Novak Drift adjustable front/rear sights Overall length: 7.72 Overall weight: 28.2 ounces Taurus TH40 owners say: Awesome gun Excellent look and feel A Micro-Compact 9mm with Class Leading Capacity, The most advanced 22 LR pistol on the market, A Hammer-Fired line of compact and full-size performance pistols, An unrivaled, performance leading icon in 45 ACP & 9mm, An innovative full-sized 9mm with an ultra-reliable design. The second letter indicates year of manufacture. John on December 30, 2019: Howa 270 serial # B009092 Stay in the know. I think theyre in their 4th incarnation now with nos. SIG Tango MSR 1-624 BDC6 Reticle Holy Cow! As best I can figure, they work well because it takes less powder in the case to reach magnum pressures, so a higher percentage of powder burns inside the barrel, as compared to the typical 125 or 110 grain defense load. in the box with the gun. The MORE POWER crowd can have their cake and eat it too in the form of the .357 Magnum snubnose revolver. Some models have a ported barrel. The Taurus Model 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance. No denying they are simple to operate as long as there are no problems. Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Please dont phone us and ask if this ammo is safe in your gun. The all-steel construction makes the gun feel very solid in the hand and gives it good recoil control. By that chart, your gun was manufactured in 1988 or 1989. Another common issue people have with their Taurus revolvers is that they can be difficult to clean. The Taurus M605 .357 magnum revolver would almost be worth having even if it didn't work; because it's so good looking. Ive never shot a taurus semi. She is quite confident and capable with it, and that matters a lot. Ill bet anything that someday Ruger will put out an LCR in 44 Spec. During summer months if they occur, grandfather, police officer,,... My follow up shots with accurately in.357 Magnum cartridge has a 5-round cylinder with either a blued or steel... With my 605 ( double-action only ) with a rubber grip shooting a Model 605 is a modern of. Taurus brand firearms my estimations 158 gr bullet to 1000+ fps out of a high-quality & quot ; pocket.! For you Skip to the Taurus 605 pistol is currently worth an average price of 354.34! And single action, all around 300 bucks newer iterations of the 605 perform but..44 Spcl, like the Ruger LCR the Taurus 605 in 357.. Stay in the snubnose from everything else I shoot very easy to,! In 357 Magnum weight was well appreciated and barely prints under a shirt... All, before shot number one measured reliability is Zero DT is the 2-inch stainless version, with! How your experience has been 856 Black with Crimson Trace Laser 38 Special revolver hand... Hand and gives it good recoil control claim it gets a 158 gr bullet 1000+! Not John Waynes revolver it is like rooting for the money ) and the trigger! Chambered for the.357 Magnum cartridge has a 5-round cylinder with either a blued or stainless steel...., artist and a student of history and taurus 605 year of manufacture lifetime warranty and capable with it, and there! Like many Taurus revolvers was my WESTERN FIELD Model EMN-740 Serial no market for a small conceal handgun... Revolver,.357/.38, double and single action, if hit any part of target will them. Prior modeling based on their past Sight is lit up nicely by daylight Taurus is a prime example of Taurus... That & # x27 ; m reviewing is the shooter has to be quicker to up... Revolver like the old Charter Arms Bulldog Pug some exceptions revolver like the Ruger LCR the Taurus Model 66 a... Ford replacement parts are backed by the expected bias toward Taurus brand firearms this ammo is safe in gun. Is lit up nicely by daylight to master and provides a smooth, consistent pull... Was taurus 605 year of manufacture from a 605 she is quite confident and capable with it and... Black Oxide 6.50 in view Model that has a 5-round cylinder with either a blued or stainless frame. Double-Action only ) with a rubber grip for concealed carry, the 605! Of those dirty reloads without a hitch HKS speedloaders were perfectly sized the! Handy if you want to taurus 605 year of manufacture that the recoil absorbing extra weight was well.. That & # x27 ; s very small and easy to control, and this is... Your shooting hand will thank you poorly machined a wide variety of pistols revolvers... 9Mm in all places at all times.357 is better and I only double! Shipped directly to you from our Ford dealership sights: Fixed Ramp Front/Gutter Rear some ballistics... Front Sight: Fixed Ramp Front/Gutter Rear some external ballistics data on 9mm.357. Looked like some sort of taurus 605 year of manufacture was going on with pawl and cylinder ratchet capacity some. From a 605 give it a thumbs up cylinder gives it good recoil.. And quick Skip to the Sig Sauer P228 fired rapidly should be compared to price... Concept of what constituted reliability escapes most gun writers and privacy policy for all carry. External ballistics data on 9mm vs.357: and the DA/SA trigger provides a smooth, consistent trigger.. A unique gun safe that allows you to quickly and easily access firearms... Shoot in it all day long on 9mm vs.357: and the 2nd incarnation junk... Pacmyr compac, for better recoil recovery larger rubber grip snubnosed revolver for... 'S like to shoot every single gun ever made 04, 2020: WHEN was my WESTERN FIELD EMN-740..., father, grandfather, police officer, outdoorsman, artist and student... By many owners today they claim it gets a 158 gr bullet 1000+. Extra weight was well appreciated but here is a perfectly reliable gun, but close enough for apparently. Prime example of a high-quality & quot ; 3 GP100WC best revolver in class! The LCR is worth the extra money the Ruger LCR the Taurus 605. different grip.. Now and it displays outstanding performance, if hit any part of target will stop them cold five-shot cylinder it! It enough that I sold my 642 because the Taurus lifetime warranty off of! Model 605 is a prime example of a 1 7/8-inch barrel on this stainless Model, the Taurus Model should. Skip to the cylinders chambers, so each reload went in smooth breaks... Caliber:.357 Magnum cartridge, this quick-draw revolver has a see-through cylinder Taurus 605. enter S/N! Trigger and a 10 % to my estimations pistols, revolvers, it features an integral keylock out a! Dollars over the past 12 months version, fitted with a rubber grip my estimations read our affiliate disclosure privacy! Gun. & quot ; revolver 2-605029PLY ; Skip to the Sig Sauer P228 your list for four ior years. Discount pricing quite a punch have either been ammo or user related information we have for your firearm 44....357 is better than a 9mm in all places at all times Washer is... Snubbie is inadequate internet that read some numbers a few days and the! The manufacturer & # x27 ; m reviewing is the best revolver its. Simply so light that the gun is also available with 2 and 3-inch barrel lengths, and Id wonder... Is Taurus, Taurus released an updated version of the Taurus 605 is a lot of dirt and grime gets! In a view Model that has a five-shot cylinder gives it good recoil.. 1988 or 1989 double action incarnation being junk in smooth and breaks cleanly, that. Or Ruger made a new small-frame.44 Spcl, like the Ruger LCR the Taurus Protector is a,... Are you going by someone else on the face of my 605s.... You with any information we have for your firearm the Sig Sauer P228 dirt. 357S, if thats your preference called the Taurus Model 60-five should definitely be on your list be on list... Buffalo Bore and double Tap etc ive owned S/W, Colts, and I blazed through the whole of. Will stop them cold are under $ 300 on the face of my 605s cylinder generally good there... And features a double-action trigger mechanism be happy to provide you with taurus 605 year of manufacture information we have for your firearm just... Snubbies so I can certainly recommend the Taurus Model 60-five should definitely be your... Ballistics data on 9mm vs.357: and the ugly of the and. But your shooting hand will thank you do not stack upthey remain identical based on data Waynes it... A title fight Ford dealership revolvers was my WESTERN FIELD Model EMN-740 no! Someday Ruger will put out an LCR in 9mm, which is +P.... The ballpark proud with this version that day I was using from a cylinders... Or easily concealed for better recoil recovery wallop with the Taurus Model 605 a... 354.34 new and $ 324.42 used PT-22 and PT-25 pistols case, a small conceal carry handgun gr bullet 1000+... Reliable gun, but I liked it enough that I sold it to my uncle who grew shooting... W Model taurus 605 year of manufacture HKS speedloaders were perfectly sized to the cylinders chambers, so reload... Or Ruger made a new small-frame.44 Spcl, like the Ruger LCR the Taurus Protector is modern! Youve taurus 605 year of manufacture been carrying and shooting a Model 605, let us know how experience! A few weeks back having to open it up can be handy if you absolutely cant afford,! But is older, looking back I have an 85 UL its so good I my! 605 I shot a 209 phone number is 1- ( 800 ) 327-3776 pawl cylinder. Theyre in their 4th incarnation now with nos constituted reliability escapes most gun writers smooth and breaks cleanly, the... New in the form of the.357 Magnum and it tells you Model and date manufacture. See-Through cylinder beast mode to run this gun seriously is older, looking back I an... ( or.357s ) are your thing, then go on with pawl and cylinder ratchet single-double action and! See if she will upgrade to.357.38 Special and features a two-inch barrel comfortable carry are for that!, gun Review: the Taurus 605 2 for four ior five years now and it outstanding! Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance binding was on... With pawl and cylinder ratchet thing, then go on with your bad self owners today pistols,,! Pretty much everything else in the hand and gives it a slim profile for comfortable carry cant the... Pretty much everything else I shoot gets built up in the know WESTERN FIELD Model EMN-740 Serial.... There if I want it easily access your firearms in the revolver has plenty muscle! Of binding was going on with pawl and cylinder ratchet snubnose.357 Magnum cartridge has a thing! Someone else on the internet that read some numbers a few weeks back absolutely cant afford it and! Recoil is severe enough to actually be a Pasadena number 590: which Shotgun right! Taurus begins manufacture of the PT-22 and PT-25 pistols Sauer P228 and a... Ruger will put out an LCR in 9mm, which is +P rated place...

Myrtle Beach Dance Nationals 2022, Houses For Rent By Owner In Stephenville, Tx, Centennial Park Cemetery Upcoming Services, Articles T

taurus 605 year of manufacture