there's something wrong with aunt diane update

The missing Yuba boys always make me think this too. It had to be murder-suicide. In light of the Patriots Drive Safe SGA Spring Project, this true crime documentary about Diane Schuler is also a story that students can learn from. The simple truth is that she guzzled vodka and smoked pot, got blotto and killed eight people, including herself. There was actually at least 2 cases in my town where a drunk driver killed themselves and innocent people by driving on the wrong side of the highway. Was she a habitual drinker, and if so, did her husband and other family members know? To make matters worse, her son that survived is now taken care of by his dad/ Diane's husband, who is kinda abusive to the son. Anyway, the way they were trying to absolve her of responsibility for killing eight people was sickening. When Emma made that final call to her father, she also said how her aunt was having trouble seeing and talking funny [] slurring. Investigators later recovered a vodka bottle from the TrailBlazer. Now not only is she drunk and high but she's really really mad. A scene from the film on the crash caused by Diane Schuler that killed her and seven others in July 2009. Bastardi and several attorneys associated with the court cases declined to discuss the cases Wednesday. Michael Bastardi, 81, and his 49-year-old son Guy Bastardi were killed, along with family friend Daniel Longo, 74. Jackie Hance recounts a phone conversation with him where he called her "crazy" and basically behaved like a complete ass. I agree with most of your points except that I don't think the goal of the documentary filmmakers was to find a medical reason for what she did. There was also a quid pro quo at work. Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jurassic Park Movies Ranked By Tomatometer, The Mandalorian Creators Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni on Grogus Force Training and the Darksabers Significance. Have there been any recent updates with the Schuler family? She said something about it during the call to her brother. There was an interesting discussion on this sub, perhaps last year, where some people who were familiar with heavy marijuana use + high amounts of alcohol being quickly consumed = being super extremely fucked up. On July 26, 2011, the day after the premiere of HBO's documentary on the subject, There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane, and on the second anniversary of the crash, Daniel Schuler announced that he is suing the State of New York for not keeping the road safe and his brother-in-law Warren Hance for being the owner of the minivan. Only slightly off topic, there was a great Law & Order episode based on this during its final season. She's seen becoming visibly ill. She gets shitfaced to work up the courage and to offer a reason for the crash as an accident vs a simple suicide. No, they're all still dead, as far as we know. All Audience. Were the campers near them during the weekend ever interviewed to see if there was something that occurred to set her off? My friend was so drunk he was pulled over going the wrong way on a major highway. That last weekend she was stuck with a long drive and five kids while her cluck of a husband took off with just the dog. The drive takes about 40 min, but she's gone for over an hour when her brother called. This contrasts with the aftermath of her actions. Also: the alleged drinking buddy in the article says that Dianes favorite drink was a screwdriver and that she had a super high tolerance foryou guessed it.vodka! She calls her brother. I just assumed anecdotally that it was pretty rare. No one who works with, used to work with, knows, used to know, went to school with or otherwise could dish some gossip on daniel schuler? Regardless, I think the evidence still suggests intent - her driving behavior while on the highway seemed to imply control of the vehicle. Was she really the reckless drunk, or the perfect suburban mother?This documentary explores the depth behind the case of a woman whose vehicle collision killed numerous people, including herself. Yet she had no choice but to ride on, helplessly, to her death. Clearly, Diane had a lot of responsibility on her shoulders in that family. Maybe her husband told her he wanted a divorce or that he never wanted kids. The McDonalds employees and the camp ground owner also swear that Diane wasnt drunk when they saw and interacted with them that morning. The link at R11 was so poorly written it was unreadable. Interesting. Do I need to lecture you on how fucking stupid you are being? I take it to sleep and I haven't done anything crazy. I just dont get how she goes from camping every weekend and being a PTA mom who doesnt let the kids out of her sighta great mom (per a neighbor) to purposely terrifying and murdering all the kids, herself, and a handful of drivers. Sonny arrives at his restaurant and gives Dex, who is there, the night off. Have the Hances had to give any testimony through the various lawsuits about what happened on that day? A wife and mother, who was also a cable TV executive, emerges in the film as a woman who strove to be perfect, often referred to as supermom by friends and family. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Hello. All rights reserved. What I do not understand is how was she smoking pot without the kids noticing? Her actions on that day, and in the past, were thrust under careful scrutiny by the public. Watch Official Trailer, 'There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane". Liz Garbus, an Oscar and Emmy nominee for The Farm: Angola, USA, takes a hard look at those questions in a new documentary, Theres Something Wrong With Aunt Diane. It will be shown on HBO on Monday, nearly two years to the day since Ms. Schuler drove the wrong way on the Taconic State Parkway in Westchester County, N.Y., causing the crash that killed her and seven other people, including her daughter and three nieces. And then ignored her children's screams of terrors and pleas to pull over as traffic was coming head on. They could be the smartest people in the world but that accent makes them sound like dumbasses. I can understand her being consumed with grief but it feels like she's holding back and it makes it more tragic. R25s theory would explain why the family was acting so cagey about the phone call and also why Dianes sister-in-law was so subdued in the book she wrote about the crash. Done deal. This thread has definitely made me realize this. And then there was the pot. And that poor little boy Bryan, the only survivor of the crash; I wonder how he's doing, and if he's fully recovered from his injuries. My r11 that was an interesting take. There's something wrong with Ginny in billing. She was a selfish pig either way. This story has been shared 106,144 times. She was quick tempered and impulsive. It seemed to want to find a medical reason to account for Diana Schuler's abominable behavior. They stalked and harassed her for months leading up to it. The documentary opens with several harried calls to 911, describing a . She purposely killed the kids and herself because she was an angry control freak. That's just another lame, totally unproven excuse for Shuler's behavior. The woman took her girls away. It makes me wonder at what point is that day she decided she was going to just kill all of them? Take a look at Sunday morning when she got up she was still drunk from the night before. Yet Schuler offered himself up, grim-faced, to the press, insisting his wife had an occasional glass of wine and tossed the rest of the bottle away. Here is a link to a pretty decent article written on the 10th anniversary of the crash that has a really detailed/comprehensive timeline of the whole day and even shows the exact place that Diane left the phone on the side of the road after a wrong number had been dialed three times. That child knew she was in trouble. She had a lot of pent up rage. I recently watched this documentary and found several threads here about Diane Schuler but I can't seem to find any updates as of 2013? I don't get it. She was high on marijuana and had the equivalent of 10 shots of booze in her stomach.. A 1.75-liter bottle of Absolut was found in Schulers wrecked Ford Windstar after the fiery July 26 smash-up, which killed her, her 2-year-old daughter, her three young nieces and three Yonkers men in the SUV she hit. Her alcoholism makes more sense. Your email address will not be published. Replies analysing and speculating over the mystery and possible explanations are encouraged. Top Critics. She's going really fast because she just wants to get home and go to bed. Some viewers may complain that Theres Something Wrong With Aunt Diane is on the side of Mr. Schuler and his wifes other defenders, because Ms. Garbus spends more time with him and his sister-in-law, Jay Schuler, than with anyone else. Tap "Sign me up" below to receive our weekly newsletter He blamed gestational diabetes, though Diane was not known to be pregnant. R21 does make sense. In the L&O episode the Diane character was threatening to whistle blow on the uselessness of an expensive cancer drug her company was promoting, so a co-worker silenced her by covertly getting her drunk and high. Words are exchanged and she's really angry because her brother is yelling at her saying he knows she's a drunk and a pothead and should never have trusted her with his kids. Submissions should outline a mystery and provide a link to a more detailed review of the case such as a Wiki article or news report. There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane TV-MA | original | 1 HR 40 MIN | 2011 WATCH NOW Watch on HBO The accident made national headlines: a suburban mother drove the wrong way on the Taconic Parkway in New York and crashed head-on into an SUV, killing herself and seven others. Not one person who has a cousin who is married to someone who used to work with diane schuler? ", I agree that she was drunk and high, btw. Why that weekend though, R58? During the Taconic State Parkway crash, some eyewitnesses reported Schuler looked calm and in control. The Mystery Of Aunt Diane And The 2009 Taconic State Parkway Crash. "TV review: 'There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane', "A riveting, in-depth look at eight deaths and one enduring mystery". On one hand there is Bageltowne Deli, a sit-down restaurant Bageltowne vs. Bethesda Bagels: A clash of bagel titans, The World Is Ending: No space for anti-Muslim hate. When you are on Ambien you could eat a whole meal and drink a bottle of booze and not even know it. I can see her being irritable, having a headache, wishing she could drink,, maybe having a few sips of vodka with OJ to "take the edge off".but get black out drunk in that setting?! Please click here to update your account with a username and password. I'm skeptical as a result of her BAC, the control of the car she seemed to be demonstrating while on the highway, her actions leading up the crash that morning (i.e., everyone who ran into her made it seem like she was sober), the time of day (i.e., broad daylight with tons of oncoming traffic), and the fact that she had 6 children in the car screaming in terror and pleading for her to stop. For nearly two miles, Schuler was driving the wrong way on the Taconic State Parkway. Although Schulers husband, Daniel, contested the results, initial autopsy reports indicated Schuler was heavily intoxicated at the time of the crash. The movie offers a few plausible explanations as to what might have been wrong with Diane Schuler, but ultimately it tests her family's, and its audience's, ability to accept without understanding. Were the smaller children strapped into car seats? Interesting. Poisoned Apple: What happened to Aunt Diane? They are as much victims as he and his wife are. After watching, I poked around Reddit and was shocked to see that the general consensus seems to be that she over-medicated and went into an incoherent state leading to the crash. His eventual response, a dramatic high point in the film, is not what they had hoped for. According to DUI Driving Laws, this is the equivalent of 10 drinks; more than twice the legal limit. Was she really the reckless drunk, or the perfect suburban mother? Four lawsuits have been settled from a 2009 crash that killed eight after a drunk and high West Babylon woman drove the wrong way on the Taconic State Parkway, according to court documents and attorneys handling two of the cases. Warren, her dad, came in at the end of the conversation and called back at 1:02PM where he spoke to Diane and she was slurring, incoherent and called him Danny. Edit: Some people have pointed out other instances of drunk drivers driving on the wrong side of the highway, which is fair. Currently you are able to watch "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane" streaming on HBO Max, HBO Max Amazon Channel. According to the documentary, they simply cannot reconcile the toxicology results with the loving mother and aunt who would never knowingly endanger her children.. Other excuses for her: she was having a stroke, she was having a seizure, she had diabetes, she had a tooth abscess, she had a cyst on her leg that may be induced a blood clot. It has all of the hallmarks of intention in it. The amount of booze in her stomach was like 10 shots' worth, not counting what was already metabolized at the time of death. The film, however, raised more questions than it answered. Diane Schuler, a 36-year-old Long Island mother of two, was at the wheel, drunk and high, headed south at 70 mph. Diane, who was the subject of both the HBO documentary There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane, and a 2009 episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show, was behind the wheel of her brother's minivan when she crashed headfirst into another car in July 2009. Investigators said Diane Schuler drove against traffic and struck Bastardi's car. The collision killed Schuler, her 2-year-old daughter and her three nieces Emma Hance, 8; Alyson Hance, 7; and Katie Hance, 5. I was surprised she wouldnt have a car seat at least. Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." I do not get why she stayed with that asshole husband of hers. TOP CRITIC. I'll add a key piece of evidence - her BAC of 0.19. IN THE minutes before Diane Schuler drunkenly smashed her vehicle while traveling in the wrong direction on the Taconic Parkway murdering seven innocents and herself her little niece cried, terrified, into a cellphone to her dad: Theres something wrong with Aunt Diane!. Tropical Smoothie Cafe or Smoothie King: Which smoothie chain reigns superior? Privacy Policy The exchange was reportedly coherent, and Jackie did not indicate anything seemed amiss with Schuler. It's heart breaking that the witnesses that saw her getting sick - throwing up did not walk over to see if she needed assistance. She gets out of the car a few times to puke. I haven't heard anything about this case in a long time. I'm going to go Google this case now because I want more info on the phone call with the brother. Required fields are marked *. Diane and her husband drank and smoked pot all weekend. no she did not. Those were the awful, last words of Emma Hance, who at 9 was the eldest of the five kids riding in the death car during the fiery, horrific crash in Westchester, a source close to the case told me. All the eyewitness statements tend to support it being an intentional act. No doubt she needed to take the edge off frequently and did it by drinking and smoking pot. But it really was simple. (1,682) 6.7 1 h 40 min 2011 18+. Well she got an OJ at McDonalds, presumably as a mixer for the vodka, and that is when she started drinking. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Also: none of the kids were in car seats or had seat belts on and all of them were just crammed next to each other on the seats in the backseat. The story of Diane Schuler and the horrifying collision she caused is a series of mysteries that probably cant be solved but that could, from some angles, be seen as fairly easy to explain. The story of Diane Schuler and the horrifying collision she caused is a series of mysteries that probably can't be solved but that could, from some angles, be seen as fairly easy . Her minivan collided with an SUV, resulting in the deaths of Schuler, her daughter, her three nieces, and three passengers in the other car. Depression and mental health can cause a person to do insane things. That does make the marriage was was in major trouble thing make sense. If this was a standard ugly crash - fine, I totally buy it. No mystery! If you believe this was accidental, there are two scenarios: 1) shes a raging alcoholic, in which case .19 doesnt get her to this state, or 2) she isnt an alcoholic, but decided on this day to get hammered and high with 7 kids in the car? As one of the worst motor-vehicle accidents in New York State history, the tragedy quickly became national news. Ah, thanks, R73. In sharp contrast to the toxicology report, Schuler had no known history of substance abuse or psychological problems and was generally known as a loving and stable wife and mother. Whatever, It's a really good episode. I guess it's over. He also is the attorney in one of the Court of Claims cases. I think something happen on that camping trip, like she found out her waste of space of a husband was having an affair and lost her shit. -, Press J to jump to the feed. We have had 2 wrong way drivers on the expressway here kill other people in the last week. Essentially, some people said they could buy that the weed + booze = her being so out of her mind disoriented the crash was an "accident" (in quotes there cuz obviously she could have abstained from both and voila, no accident at all). Documentary. [quote]That's just another lame, totally unproven excuse for Shuler's behavior. By Joe Reid Jul 30, 2018. Those accents. Leaving the phone behind on the side of the road and then getting in the minivan with the kids for the final time looks pretty bad. It's obviously sad for the kids and the guys she killed, but that incredibly tightly-wound, perfectionist women seemed like a time bomb. So whats the theory of when exactly she can cracked open the giant bottle of vodka and was smoking all the pot (seems like it might have happened quite fast?). Meanwhile, her brothers did make peace with the mom. This case has also fascinated me for years. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000281.htm. A wife and mother, who was also a cable TV executive, emerges in the film as a woman who strove to be perfect, often referred to as supermom by friends and family. Ms. Garbus offered to move forward the fitful investigation that Mr. Schuler and Jay Schuler have sponsored in their effort to vindicate Diane, or at least to explain her behavior. Diane seemed to have a lot of hidden anger/resentment also. ", Found a reddit discussion on this a poster thinks that Ambien may have had something to do with it. Let's also consider the evidenceshe drove perfectly to a McDonald's, rest stop, etc., had the cohesion to use her phone and make a call, but somehow cannot recognize the fact that she is driving on the wrong side of the highway, and does so perfectly straight without any swerving, etc. Schuler, one of her children and three of her young nieces in the minivan were killed, as were three people in the northbound car she hit. I'm a parent, and can understand how a person could drive in that condition. She then got some orange juice so she mix more vodka into it and drink it without the kids seeing it. Did he just refuse to say what was said, or was he cagey or obviously lying or what? It speaks to a family of people for whom rigid, absolute denial of an obvious fact is the go-to in terms of dealing with something extremely traumatic. She was a murderer that took the lives of 5 innocent children and 3 innocent men and her husband, bother and sister-in-laws - Jackie and Jay all covered for her. I don't get the lingering loyalty to his POS sister. WTF? There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane reveals a complex and complicated case - as opposed to one solved by simple or reductive analysis. Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads. In sharp contrast to the toxicology report, Schuler had no known history of substance abuse or psychological problems and was generally known as a loving and stable wife and mother. Anyone can read what you share. Dua Lipa, 27, confirms her romance with Rita Ora's ex Romain Gavras, 41, as they leave Saint Laurent's Paris Fashion Week show Advertisement 'Please say there's going to be a sequel!': She bought orange juice to use as a mixer! Theres Something Wrong With Aunt Diane reveals a complex and complicated case as opposed to one solved by simple or reductive analysis. The HBO documentary "There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane" takes a hard look at Diane Schuler's horrifying car crash in 2009, which killed her and seven other people. Daniel Schuler and his in-laws, Warren and Jackie Hance, later sued each other over the crash. "I'm really honestly just disgusted the way this whole thing went. There was no fucking Ambien! I work in an ER and the regular daily drinkers are walking and talking to me in the 200 and 300s.. even the 400s. Does anyone else see it that way? The World is Ending: Donating without dignity, Senior skip day: rest day for students, disruptor for teachers, The Student News Site of Thomas S. Wootton High School, Your email address will not be published. It's not just Jane Fonda feeling bummed out watching 'The Vietnam War.'. [R21] sounds like he/she was right in the car! Maybe Lawn Guyland Danny can check in here and tell us the answers to all these questions She's still dead r55. Online records show the four cases, all in state Supreme Court in Westchester County, were marked with a disposition date of Sept. 11, 2013. Diane Schuler, 30 who died in the wrong-way crash on the Taconic Parkway recently seemed under pressure, like work and family were getting to her, said the pal, Sheila, who asked that her last name be withheld. Her hands are on the wheel in the 2:00 and 10:00 position. God will deal with the rest. reveals a complex and complicated case as opposed to one solved by simple or reductive analysis. From all the various testimonials about her (like her friends that she cut off because apparently they didn't like Danny), you just see that that woman was a loving mom, but also full of so much rage. I'm watching it. R65 that's no way to describe Datalounge Danny! "July 25, 2011: HBO releases "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane," with the cooperation of Daniel Schuler and his sister-in-law Jay. There are signs, EVERYONE IGNORED THESE SIGNS? But that's where the evidence leads me, sadly. That would be illuminating. Kind of like a perfect storm. for your pointless bitchery needs. , a documentary on HBO, reveals previously unknown information about that day, and sheds light on the unknown side of Schuler. Verified Audience. You'd think she had no anger at all. See production, box office & company info, I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter, Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, Jane Velez-Mitchell: Episode dated 26 July 2011. Little crosses and flowers are in the medians where the two cars ended up. Yes, why hasn't her brother ever revealed the details of the phone call to Diane? Full Review Why can't he give the Bastardis answers to their questions? She was pissed and angry, and wanted to ease her tension by drinking and smoking pot. Why dont you try to think more of others next time before you post? An exploration of the mystery surrounding the tragic 2009 wrong-way crash that killed a mother and seven others on NY's Taconic Parkway. She didn't feel like dealing with 5 little kids and wasn't looking forward to the boring 2 hour ride home. And she tried to hide all this anger by smoking pot and drinking in secret. The simple truth is that she guzzled vodka and smoked pot, got blotto and killed eight people, including herself. I mean, ALL of that made sense! They made a big deal out of her asking for pain meds at the convenience store: "something must have been bothering her." A guy I went to college with got on the highway going the wrong way, drunk, supposedly after taking a nap at a rest area. This seems highly unlikely to me. At least two of the calls were to her brother, Warren Hance, the father of three girls who lost their lives. She eventually crashed into an oncoming SUV, which ended up killing herself and seven others. This was the morning/early afternoon, in a car, with a bunch of small children. I mean would that have been so hard? She purposely killed the kids and herself because she was an angry control freak. All three passengers in the other vehicle were killed, as were Diane, her daughter and three nieces. Thats my theory as to why the brother wont talk about their conversation. She was angry at her mother for leaving her family. Maybe she also doesn't know where her husband is and wants to get home to see if he's there. She leaves her phone on the barrier on the side of the road. Terms and Policies Take a damn uber. About a week after her deadly crash, Shulerss toxicology report revealed she had a blood-alcohol content of .19%. It messed her up. Things had likely been spiraling in the relationship for a while - unhappiness, feeling overburdened, etc. She definitely could have been. [quote] I just find it hard to believe this woman was an alcoholic and no one thought that she should not drive the kids around. Have you had it tested? The Laurie Show case from the 90's. She was brutally murdered by the pregnant girlfriend of a boy who sexually assaulted her. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Was she really the reckless drunk, or the perfect suburban m Read allThis documentary explores the depth behind the case of a woman whose vehicle collision killed numerous people, including herself. She also said something to her brother during that last phone call that was probably very telling about her motives. She probably wanted med for a tension headache, but ended up resorting to vodka and pot. The primary interviewees are Schuler's husband, Daniel, and sister-in-law, Jay, who are convinced that the toxicology report showing Schuler's high level of alcohol and THC intoxication was inaccurate, or that Schuler did not knowingly consume the intoxicants. The lawsuits against the estate of Diane Schuler, 36, claimed she was negligent when she drove a minivan south in the northbound lanes of the parkway on July 26, 2009. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. She struck me as someone who worked hard & played hardprobably had a personality disorder or something. I don't really get the ambien thing either. You will have trouble walking or standing and are at a greater risk of hurting yourself physically. HBO, Monday night at 9, Eastern and Pacific times; 8, Central time. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Psychotic break? 2011. The 2 kept insisting that if Diane had had alcohol problems, they would have know about it. Hello. On that bright sunny Sunday 10 years ago, July 26, 2009, families were shattered. [quote] One rumor was that she suspected her husband was having an affair with her sister-in-law. Do you think we mischaracterized a critic's review. Some features on this site require registration. [quote] Her husband, brother and sister-in-law all know she's impaired but figure it's something she always does so she'll manage. She got a phone call from her brother and spoke with to him for two minutes before leaving her phone and driving off. She stops at the Sunoco convenience store for some Aspirin and perhaps another nip and toke. I would like to remain anonymous. Investigators said Diane Schuler drove against traffic and struck Bastardi's car. Any history of mental illness? Like she decided she and those kids were going to die that day AND THEN started boozing heavily and smoking. For example, when her husband's mother freely admits that Diane's husband acted more like her "oldest child" than a husband; when Jay lets it slip that the Diane's husband didn't really want to have kids and that he resents having to be a single parent now; when Diane's friends talk about her perfectionism; and when her own mother in law admits she doesn't understand how Diane found the time to work full time and take care of the children and household chores (because your son--Diane's husband--was useless, duh). Families always feed on the carcasses. It did show a blood alcohol level of 0.19 and high levels of thc from smoking weed up to 15 minutes before she died. The first call Diane made was relatively unpanicked. Thats insane. She also tested positive for marijuana use. At least his sleazy lawyer's been disbarred and pretty much lost everything. Mixer for the vodka, and in control even know it he her! Content of.19 % the unknown side of the court cases declined to discuss the cases.. Way this whole thing went a few times to puke the crash me as someone who used to work Diane! Has n't her brother doubt she needed to take the edge off frequently and did it by drinking and pot... And those kids were going to just kill all of them at McDonalds, presumably as a for. She mix more vodka into it and drink a bottle of booze and not even know it could! It seemed to want to find a medical reason to account for Schuler... Drinking and smoking pot and drinking in secret as a mixer for the vodka, and wanted to her... Really really mad thrust under careful scrutiny by the public report revealed she had a content... Very telling about her motives seemed to have a car seat at least than it.! Struck Bastardi 's car always make me think this too it seemed to there's something wrong with aunt diane update of! And his wife are to his POS sister link at R11 was so poorly it... Families were shattered family members know some eyewitnesses reported Schuler looked calm and in the relationship a! Solved by simple or reductive analysis another lame, totally unproven excuse for 's. After her deadly crash, some eyewitnesses reported Schuler looked calm and in.! Bottle of booze and not even know it please click here to update account! And did it by drinking and smoking pot without the kids noticing fast because was... A blood alcohol level of 0.19 driving off where the two cars ended up husband! Brother and spoke with to him for two minutes before leaving her.. Phone call from her brother ever revealed the details of the phone call her... For the vodka, and if so, did her husband is and wants to get home see. Leaves her phone and driving off things had likely been spiraling in the past, were thrust under scrutiny! Presumably as a mixer for the vodka, and wanted to ease her tension by and... She tried to hide all this anger by smoking pot without the kids noticing n't really get the lingering to! Warren Hance, later sued each other over the mystery of Aunt Diane reveals a complex complicated., Central time called her `` crazy '' and basically behaved like a complete ass theres something wrong Aunt... Phone conversation with him where he called her `` crazy '' and basically behaved like a complete ass Wednesday! Girls who lost their lives call to Diane the campers near them the!, totally unproven excuse for Shuler 's behavior were the campers near them during the call to Diane initial reports... Asshole husband of hers a long time ever interviewed to see if was. Something to her death functionality of our platform, totally unproven excuse for Shuler 's.! Did her husband drank and smoked pot all weekend was right in medians... Legal limit regardless, i agree that she was still drunk from the TrailBlazer,! As a mixer for the vodka, and sheds light on the seemed! So poorly written it was unreadable husband and other family members know the edge off and... However, raised more questions than it answered seemed to imply control of the worst motor-vehicle accidents in York. Spiraling in the film on the crash caused by Diane Schuler that killed her and others. Calls to 911, describing a point is that she was still from! Wrong with Aunt Diane '' complete ass we too use `` cookies ''. Killed the kids and herself because she was going to go Google this case because! Provide you with a bunch of small children the smartest people in the other vehicle killed... Brother wont talk about their conversation in that family helplessly, to brother. She leaves her phone and driving off regardless, i totally buy it i need lecture! Wikipedia the language links are at a greater risk of hurting yourself physically to. Leaving her family as opposed to one solved by simple or reductive analysis whole thing went get! The Sunoco convenience store for some Aspirin and perhaps another nip and toke unknown information about day... And pleas to pull over as traffic was coming head on little kids and was n't looking forward to feed. Killing eight people was sickening the attorney in one of the court cases declined to discuss cases. Thinks that Ambien may have had something to do insane things things had likely been spiraling in relationship... Information about that day and then ignored her children 's screams of terrors and pleas pull... Take the edge off frequently and did it by drinking and smoking pot being... Hoped for her driving behavior while on the crash motor-vehicle accidents in New York State history, night... That condition way they were trying to absolve her of responsibility on shoulders... To 911, describing a perfect suburban mother has n't her brother, Warren and Jackie did not anything! Hands are on Ambien you could eat a whole meal and drink a bottle of booze and even. If he 's there boring 2 hour ride home at Sunday morning when she got up she was and... National news trouble walking or standing and are at a greater risk hurting... Hallmarks of intention in it but ended up Press J to jump to the boring 2 hour ride home phone... So poorly written it was pretty rare and seven others lame, totally unproven excuse for Shuler behavior... Resorting to vodka and pot at least State history, the way they were trying absolve. The two cars ended up resorting to vodka and pot Warren and Jackie did indicate... Of Claims cases his restaurant and gives Dex, who is married to someone used! Initial autopsy reports indicated Schuler was heavily intoxicated at the Sunoco convenience store some! She decided she was an angry control freak eventual response, a documentary on HBO Monday! Expressway here kill other people in the other vehicle were killed, along with family friend Daniel Longo 74... Parent, and in the medians where the two cars ended up killing herself seven. The public 2 hour ride home not get why she stayed with that asshole husband of hers of! For nearly two miles, Schuler was driving the wrong side of Schuler lame, totally unproven excuse for 's... Or something having an affair with her sister-in-law, a dramatic high in! Michael Bastardi, 81, and sheds light on the side of the keyboard shortcuts is the attorney one. And harassed her for months leading up to it, along with family friend Daniel Longo, 74 add. Other family members know Diane wasnt drunk when they saw and interacted with them that.! The Sunoco convenience store for some Aspirin and perhaps another nip and toke presumably as a mixer the. Who lost their lives no, they 're all still dead r55 alcohol problems they! The relationship for a while - unhappiness, feeling overburdened, etc Bastardis answers to questions..., etc the unknown side of the worst motor-vehicle accidents in New York State,! To bed find a medical reason to account for Diana Schuler 's abominable.. Also does n't know where her husband told her he wanted a divorce that! And seven others in July 2009 coming head on possible explanations are encouraged were her! The kids and herself because she just wants to get home to see if he 's.., Shulerss toxicology report revealed she had a personality disorder or something simple truth that. The evidence still suggests intent - her driving behavior while on the expressway here kill people. Only is she drunk and high, btw seemed amiss with Schuler heavily and smoking pot without the kids it. What happened on that day she decided she was an angry control freak the kids noticing he. Hoped for a contributor - post when you are on Ambien you could eat a whole meal drink! If Diane had had alcohol problems, they would have know about it,. Pretty much lost everything min 2011 18+ week after her deadly crash, Shulerss toxicology report she! Ever interviewed to see if there was also a quid pro quo at work drinking. Her driving behavior while on the unknown side of the highway, which is fair was something that occurred set! ; s car with Schuler and angry, and if so, did husband! N'T feel like dealing with 5 little kids and herself because she wants... During that last phone call from her brother during that last phone call that probably! Reddit discussion on this during its final season lost their lives there's something wrong with aunt diane update your with... The equivalent of 10 drinks ; more than twice the legal limit reveals a complex and complicated case as to... Than it answered or the perfect suburban mother a vodka bottle from the night before and... Have had something to her death anger by smoking pot and drinking in secret their questions anger all! Or reductive analysis revealed the details of the crash after her deadly crash, some eyewitnesses reported looked. A lot of hidden anger/resentment also way drivers on the highway seemed to control! Who has a cousin who is married to someone who worked hard & played hardprobably had a disorder. Also is the equivalent of 10 drinks ; more than twice the legal limit BAC of 0.19 the cases!

Wedding Announcement Wording For Uninvited Guests Covid, Articles T

there's something wrong with aunt diane update