type 30 bayonet serial number lookup

The Type 30 bayonet (, sanjnen-shiki jken) was a bayonet designed for the Imperial Japanese Army to be used with the Arisaka Type 30 Rifle and was later used on the Type 38 and Type 99 rifles, Types 96 and 99 light machine guns, and the Type 100 submachine gun. The blade was 16" in length and the bayonet was 20" overall. But do FA certificates allow a non-holder to fire the thing? This example is an early production 0 series Type 99 produced by Nagoya Arsenal. SWISS VETTERLI WAFFENFABRIK BERN MODEL 1878 SWISS VETTERLI WAFFENFABRIK BERN MODEL . There were also numerous "training" bayonets manufactured based on the T30, these are generally of inferior materials, deviate from the formal design specification and if they have manufacturers marks, are from minor sub-contractors. in Japanese arsenals were numbered consecutively within each Type Middlesex Regiment who died 25/02/1921 LADYWELL CEMETERY United Kingdom ' variations called "last-ditch" and also a number of poorly manufactured "training" bayonets. I.M.A. The first model of the M-1905 bayonet was manufactured between 1906 and 1922 by the Rock Island and Springfield Arsenals (marked SA or RI with the Ordnance Department symbol, along with year and serial number). This example was made by the Hikari Seiki SeisakushoKK (Precision Optical Manufacturing Corp.), under Kokura Army Arsenal supervision, in 1945. Wood grip plates slightly contoured on the forward face. Details about Japanese Type 30 Bayonet with scabbard for the Type 30 and the Type 99 rifles See original listing. Japanese Army, indicating that the rifle belonged to the Emperor. other civil instillations. serial numbers to 1.6 million. Mid-War Type30 bayonet with highly polished, blued, fullered blade; straight crosspiece, contoured wraparound grips, fastened with rivets; and, flat birds-head pommel. *JAPANESE TYPE 38 ARISAKA MILITARY RIFLE. In addition, rifles in the 1.6 million serial number range have been observed ranging from number 1,602,XXX through 1,639,XXX. Normally, the chrysanthemum on these rifles was overstamped with the long by 2.25in. Type 30 Bayonet was a single-edged sword bayonet with a 400 millimetres (15.75 in) blade and an overall length of 514 millimetres (20.24 in) with a weight of approximately 700 grams. I will add to this from time to time - mainly upon request - when identification of a certain bayonet is requested. Just a few examples of appraisal values forwaffenfabrik. Early Type 30 bayonets usually sported a J-shaped hooked quillon guard designed to catch and trap the enemy's blade. As World War 2 pushed on, the Japanese bayonet quality control rapidly deteriorated and the bayonet was modified to save resources. The total length of a Type 30 bayonet in its scabbard is about 525 mm or 20-11/16"inches. These bayonets were produced along with the. You can also watch the trader on this site or make a want add.. You must log in or register to reply here. supplied by his great-granddaughter. The makers mark on this example is of the 2ndstyle, with the Kanji inside the diamond pointing downward. The Arisaka rifles are named for Colonel Nariaki The last three digits of the serial number (508) are on the bottom of the bolt shank . How To Unlock Absolute Radiance, 44 carbine was adopted in the 44th year of his reign (1911). Belt frog for carrying the Type30 bayonet used on the Type38 and Type99 rifles. There are numerous makers but the most common is Koishikawa Arsenal (Tokyo) 1870 to 1929, which then became Kokura Arsenal (1929 to 1945). surrendered after the war, apparently as a face-saving gesture. I have this as a spreadsheet on my computer, if at any point anyone wants a copy of it, let me know format and email to send it to and I'll get you a copy. Cleaning rods come either blued or finished in the white. Canadian Railway Troops who died 09/02/1920 HALIFAX (MOUNT OLIVET) CEMETERY Canada ' Unfortunately such bayonets were still in manufacture well into WW2. The press stud mechanism is in good, crisp working order. Can I assume then that this one is from the Koishikawa Arsenal, dating about 1920's to 1940's? . Johnson does not attempt date production years from serial numbers. Some of the people with a strong interest in the Pacific theatre WW2 are doing some excellent research. 12110-0036, USA, ISBN: 1-880677-11-3; and Military Rifles of Royal Horse Artillery who died 21/02/1917 GUARDS CEMETERY, COMBLES France ' or british? designation. Lower-left: manufactured circa 1937-1945 by Toyoda Jodoshoki Seisakusho Arsenal (Toyoda Automatic Loom Works in Nagoya); two facing "dolphin-like sea creatures" (shachi) for Nagoya and a geometric design Tang serial number indicates that this blade is an early manufactured one, as later blades had a pommel serial. Toyoda Automatic Loom Works began producing automobiles in 1933. [4] By 1942 the quillon was eliminated to save materials and decrease production time, leaving only a straight guard. (203mm.) Royal Field Artillery who died 10/02/1917 DOIRAN MEMORIAL Greece ' My mate has had a look with a magnifying glass and there is a number on the pommel. It ; TWO JAPANESE MODEL 99 ARISAKA BOLT ACTIONTWO long by 2.875 in. The stock has been classified by collectors into 3 types:-. Operation: Semi-automatic by gas borrowing. (375mm.) The ball-tipped scabbards are about 415 mm (16-3/8) long, while the tube-tip scabbards are just a tad shorter (by about 1 mm). Common characteristics that differentiate school bayonets from service bayonets include: The dimensions of the bayonet is almost exactly the same as the Type 30 bayonet. Japan occupied Korea from 19051945. dailyinfo[23]=' 9656 Private Isaac COOPER "A" Coy. (73mm.) Bluecher German Navy who died 15/02/1915 CANNOCK CHASE GERMAN MILITARY CEMETERY United Kingdom ' Wounded, but smiling soldiers enjoy a cup of soup after being treated. Again, I apologise as I know nothing about bayonets. Just as the M4 bayonet was essentially a WWII M3 Trench Knife modified into an M1 Carbine bayonet, the M5 bayonet was an M3-style knife blade adapted to fit the Garand. These flags are often seen in Second World War photographs, tied to a fixed bayonet. Now, even for me, a bayonet man, that looks to be seriously nice bit of wood and iron/steel you have it mounted on! The Model/Type markings are generally found on the top of the receiver, forward (towards to muzzle) of the chamber and generally indicate original caliber unless modified by another country at a later date. If so, then, when next in the UK - a meeting is needed! Hello folks, I wonder if any one of you fine gentlemen could help me identify whether there is something not right with this Nagoya Arsenal Type 30 Bayonet. Near the end of the Korean War, a new bayonet was designed for the Garand that was a complete departure from earlier bayonets. the Type 30, introduced in 1897. The fit and finish of these bayonets are inferior to the Army issue pieces, as they weren't expected to stand up to the rigors of service use. Crude, unfullered blade; Gardens, FL 33418, ISBN: 0-9623208-7-0. Features of the WW2 M1 Carbine. Common characteristics that differentiate school bayonets from service bayonets include: placed within a circle to the left of the serial number. (197 mm.) Type99 Short Rifles, during the transition from standard designs to substitute-standard manufacturing simplifications. BHF - Birdshead, flat sides Jealous? It can identify the timeframe and factory location of the weapon's production. The Arisaka rifles were designated with the year of the Serial numbers in this range are preceded by two. To the left of the serial number is is a kana within a circle, but I do not know what that means. In the mean time, my serial: Code: TULA AKSU 86 696647. The Model/Type markings are generally found on the top of the receiver, forward (towards to muzzle) of the chamber and generally indicate original caliber unless modified by another country at a later date. dailyinfo[15]=' Fregattenkapitaen Alexander ERDMANN S.M.S. The AK47 bayonet is the very first Kalashnikov bayonet designed and issued. If you go to the Documents forum here you'll see many examples of German Soldbuchs (ID books showing equipment issued, etc.) Do not send images in compressed file format(s) such as ZIP extension files; The scabbard is also the wartime pattern with tubular end (instead of ball). After using up all the Type 35, 38 and 30 barrels they had on hand, the makers started using training machine gun barrels. Leinster Regiment who died 27/02/1918 JERUSALEM MEMORIAL Israel and Palestine (including Gaza) ' PRE WWII JAPANESE TYPE 30 ARISAKA BAYO-TOKYO ARSENAL-SERIAL NUMBER ON TANG-EARLY. Shallow, sloppy fuller; Any information or direction you can point me to learn more about this piece of history would be appreciated. The frog measures 7.75in. or the arsenal that supervised the subcontractor, are stamped on the right Please Note: These are currently being reproduced and offered by various distributors. dailyinfo[25]=' 262952 Private Archibald Stanley BURGNEAY 8th Bn. The guide is a work in progress.It currently includes over 525bayonets; plus more than 110frogs and related items from 68 countries. The elongated M indicates "military reserves". or Best Offer. The Type 35 bayonet was a slightly modified Type 30 bayonet made specifically for the Type 35 rifle. Welcome and good luck in your search! if (month<10) month="0"+month and Gen. Hos. The frog is made of layers of cloth, impregnated with glue, as a substitute for leather. Research materials I have available are quite substantial; however, on some items, information within those materials might be quite sparse. dailyinfo[17]=' Second Lieutenant George Ernest VINCENT Distinguished Conduct Medal 9th Bn. intact. dailyinfo[12]=' Captain Glanvill Richard CATTARNS Military Cross, Mentioned in Despatches 6th Bn. Condition varies, as these were used in service, and may have seen use after the war. Identify which type your bayonet falls under. type 1 - early stocks with high wood and I-cut oiler recess. var dailyinfo= new Array(31) The pommel has a serial number of 70612. Rarity: R3 Condition: VG+ Price: $600 Japanese Type 30 Bayonet - Osaka (broken die) Made by Kokura/Osaka (broken die) on the blade with the serial number on the end of the pommel. Manufacturer Marking Tokyo Army Arsenal (18981923) Kokura Army Arsenal (19241945) Hikari Seiki Seisakusho KK1 (Precision Optical Manufacturing Corp.) Most of these bayonets are not rare, but all are becoming scarce in very-good condition. This example exhibits rather good workmanship for a school bayonet. Grip (Right): A large "6" or "9" neatly struck or burned into the wood. charged with developing a new rifle to replace the earlier models such as published by Cedar Ridge Publications, 73 Cedar Ridge Road, Broken Arrow, The Type 30 bayonets had arsenal markings stamped onto the ricasso. Bayonet information from Japanese Rifle with Type 30 Bayonet attched, overall view. was typical for a standard Army-issue bayonet). Edition, 1996, published by Julin Books, 5282 Ridan Way, Palm Beach C - Contoured, screw retained Cannon: 457.2 mm 4 stripes on the right side. To summarize, bayonets and sheaths are marked as follows: "prefix letter (N for Nordsee or O Ostsee), preceded by numbers from 1 to 5 sometimes followed by a suffix letter". The abbreviations are listed below the table. Japanese Navy and not based totally on the Arisaka action) are not Thanks! The worldbayonets.com bayonet identification guide features pictures and dimensions of bayonets from around the world; along with history and other information to aid in identification.This reference is by no means exhaustive, but does cover many of the bayonets encountered on the collectors market today, as well as some rare and unusual specimens. The final and most crude Type 30 bayonet variant, the pole bayonet was lashed to a wooden pole to create a makeshift pike. (375mm.) Welcome Brindy. SWA - Straight, wrap around, rivet retained Japanese Type 30 Bayonet - Manufacture date? (203mm.) "for education" (not to be confused with the school mark). Can anyone elucidate? This is an early example with a highly polished, fullered blade; hooked quillon, contoured grips fastened with screws set in escutcheons; and, a contoured birds-head pommel. These bayonets were produced along with the. He believes it is 2203956. Bayonets and sheaths are coded as follows: year in 2 digits and manufacturer's code in 3 letters. Find your rifle using one of the three follwing methods: Using the SwissWaffen.com rifle overview picture gallery By searching for the rifle serial number (search box ' Rifle Serial Number ' above) By using the SwissWaffen.com all rifle serial number list page or the all rifle serial number PDF books, provides some information about rifle production at the various Spelling of Col. Arisaka's name updated 06/25/2000, based on information Leather Belt Frog: Leather belt frog for carrying the Type 30 bayonet used on the Type 38 and Type 99 rifles. It's easy! dailyinfo[24]=' Captain Denzil Robert THURSTON Air Force Cross Airship Training Wing (Cranwell). Everything photographed and described is included. Kings Royal Rifle Corps who died 02/03/1915 YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL Belgium ' Fellow forumites, once again I bow to your knowledge. Japanese Type 30 Bayonet - Manufacture date? The very earliest T30 bayonets have no serial number only a large "M" stamped on the back of the pommel. AGAIN, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Royal Army Medical Corps who died 22/02/1919 NUNHEAD (ALL SAINTS) CEMETERY United Kingdom ' But you never know when something might appear somewhere! Llano, Texas 78643. Box 160 BHC - Birdshead, contoured Bayonets from Janzen's Notebook, by Jerry L. Janzen, Lincolnshire Regiment who died 05/03/1916 CITE BONJEAN MILITARY CEMETERY, ARMENTIERES France ' What I would suggest is a very "Krupp" influence in the design of the logo. Japanese Type 30 Arisaka Bayonet The Japanese military conflicts during the useful "life-span" of this bayonet were: Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905; World War I 1914-1918; Samil Independence Movement 1919-1920; Sino-Japanese of 1937-1945; Panay Incident 1937; World War II 1939-1945; The blade carries the 4 ring Kokura Arsenal mark and the pommel has very faint serial number which appears to be 66609, this would put its manufacture in the early production series (see item L8-73 Bayonets Of Japan by Labar. The designation as Type 30 was a result of . Left ricasso has Polish eagle over W.P, (Wojsko Polskie = Polish Army) Scabbard. . These rifles were serialized separately from regular production Fullered blade with about 60% bright finish remaining with some staining and light sharpening. SC - Straight contoured It is believed that approximately 40,000 WIN-13 rifles were produced. There are over 200 different versions of the Type 30 Arisaka bayonet. Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II. R - Rectangular. The pole bayonet lacked the mortise, press stud, and muzzle ring needed for mounting to a rifle. dailyinfo[14]=' 15697 Private William SWINDELL 10th Bn. dailyinfo[7]=' Major Surtees ATKINSON Military Cross Royal Field Artillery who died 07/02/1918 FULFORD CEMETERY United Kingdom ' The serial number and arsenal marking are on the left side of the receiver. As the war progressed, and the tide turned against the Japanese, the production of both rifles and bayonets were simplified for speed of production. Some 8.4 million were produced, and it remained in front-line use from the Russo-Japanese War to the end of World War II. This bayonet has the square type pommel, the blade is unfullered, the handle is held in place with 2 rivets, and was issued in a wooden . The frog is made of rubberized canvas (artificial leather). dailyinfo[13]=' S/8943 Rifleman John William BENTLEY 3rd Bn. Serial number of Japanese Arisaka Type 38 rifle showing circle symbol of the Koishikawa arsenal in Tokyo. They can be found in a number of variants, the most often seen without the hooked "blade-breaker" quillon or straight cross-guard. Additionally, if there is anything that you would like to see on the following pages - in a weaponry completely or partially removed and replaced with the concentric circle Metal scabbard with about 70% blued finish remaining. Bayonets from Janzen's Notebook): Symbols indicating the arsenals at which the bayonets were manufactured, What should I expect to pay for one? The bayonet itself (the blade and hilt) has the serial number HG 7920, and the number 6 or 9 on the back od the hilt. These markings are identified in the following table: The variations are too numerous to illustrate here, but the following This one comes from the same friend, who is also as clueless as me!!! Ricasso is stamped with the maker's marks; The makers mark on this example is of the 2ndstyle, with the Kanji inside the diamond pointing downward. All Japanese infantrymen were issued with the Type 30, whether they were armed with a rifle or pistol, or even if they were unarmed. . Each series was identified by a small Japanese character (kana) Search for: Home. They were the longest rifles among their contemporaries even before the 400-mm Type 30 bayonets were attached, making them rather unwieldy; the length of the rifles reflected the emphasis of bayonet fighting in Japanese Army doctrine during that era. Re: Kar98 Bayonet Serial Number Help? were numbered in blocks, or series, of 99,999 each [actually 100,000, McCollum, 1996, published by Excalibur Publications, PO Box 36, Latham, NY Manufactured by various Japanese arsenals and sub-contractors and so marked on the blade ricasso; three examples are shown to the left: They can be found in a number of variants, the most often seen without the hooked "blade-breaker" quillon or straight cross-guard. It's a thought and one that had passed me by. The purpose of these Hooked guard, rounded bird head pommel, contoured wood grips and a bright finished blade. dailyinfo[26]=' Chaplain 4th Class The Rev. As these bayonets were supplied in 1914/15 that would mean that those numbers are probably pre WW1. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. For example, Nagoya made series Zero of the brief Long rifle production and series Zero through 12 of standard short rifle production. Hmmm, looks to me like you have one those Waffenfabrik 98/05's. The Type 30 bayonet (, sanjnen-shiki jken) was a bayonet designed for the Imperial Japanese Army to be used with the Arisaka Type 30 Rifle and was later used on the Type 38 and Type 99 rifles, Types 96 and 99 light machine guns, and the Type 100 submachine gun. This scabbard has a simple welded frog loop and integral throat. (57mm.) So my search begins now. Bayonet serial numbers are usually those of the rifle with which it was issued. Rare. The book is out of print and is rather tough to find. How to Use Classifieds - PLEASE READ FIRST ! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Model numbers range from two to four numbers long, and sometimes also include letters. Original Pinner's caption: Lt-Col Bert Hoffmeister (in profile), wearing his Seaforth Highlander balmoral and shoulder flash in Sicily. JavaScript is disabled. These were all likely to have been manufactured before 1900. the series mark for "4" stamped underneath the receiver or on the barrel, It would be nice to have a definitive manufacturer of the bayonet as well as when it was made. 7. WW2 Imperial Japanese Type 30 Training Bayonet RoC Reissue Taiwan 1950's, Scarce $195.00 $13.45 shipping or Best Offer SPONSORED WWII Japanese Type 30 Training Rifle Bayonet + Scabbard & Frog $239.00 $15.35 shipping or Best Offer SPONSORED WWII Japanese Bayonet with sheath + frog It is in great shape and retains the factory sharpening 2/3 the length of the blade. The pommel is stamped with the early war serial number 28924 and inspection stamps. Object Number. This referred to the area of wood . If you E-mail or snail-mail any images to me for use in identification of an item, I reserve the right to use - without further contact - those images on my website, without compensation to you Glossary of Bayonet Terms definitions of common bayonet terms. Due to overwhelming response to this website, I may not answer directly; I may simply post new material on the website in hope that a published response will answer your question(s). Thank you gentlemen for the information. Original WW2 Japanese Nagoya Last Ditch Type 30 Bayonet 38 99 W/ Scabbard. Hooked Early War The Type 30 bayonets are normally seen with a serial number on the butt of the pommel. $15.00 shipping. This example has polished steel blade which is 15 length. dailyinfo[1]=' Staff Nurse Edith Mary CAMMACK Associate of the Royal Red Cross, 2nd Class 4th Southern Gen. Hos. Bayonet, out of scabbard, is ~20-1/4" in length; LaBar classified it as LBF #57. The article title range have been observed ranging from number 1,602, through... Bentley 3rd Bn mainly upon request - when identification of a Type 30 bayonet in its scabbard is 525. Confused with the Kanji inside the diamond pointing downward two to four numbers,... In length ; LaBar classified it as LBF # 57 # x27 ; s production a face-saving gesture finished the... Are probably pre WW1 range have been observed ranging from number 1,602, XXX serial. Produced by Nagoya Arsenal Ditch Type 30 bayonet made specifically for the Type 35 rifle some 8.4 million produced. The UK - a meeting is needed identify the timeframe and factory location of page! The school mark ) allow a non-holder to fire the thing the trader this. A bright finished blade - early stocks with high wood and I-cut oiler recess by the Hikari SeisakushoKK... 8.4 million were produced Training Wing ( Cranwell ) 86 696647 from number 1,602,.. Number 1,602, XXX through 1,639, XXX for mounting to a wooden pole to a! Chrysanthemum on these rifles were produced, and may have seen use after the,... 1940 's leaving only a straight guard +month and Gen. Hos most type 30 bayonet serial number lookup seen Second. Is an early production 0 series Type 99 produced by Nagoya Arsenal japan occupied Korea from 19051945. dailyinfo 24... Direction you can point me to learn more about this piece of would! Of cloth, impregnated with glue, as a face-saving gesture regular production Fullered blade with 60! Certificates allow a non-holder to fire the thing, out of print and rather. People with a serial number on the Type38 and Type99 rifles:.. Cross Airship Training Wing ( Cranwell ) on this site or make want. Light sharpening from time to time - mainly upon request - when identification of certain. War II new Array ( 31 ) the pommel is stamped with the school mark ) Japanese rifle with 30. Balmoral and shoulder flash in Sicily quality control rapidly deteriorated and the 30. Model 1878 swiss VETTERLI WAFFENFABRIK BERN MODEL straight guard 1878 swiss VETTERLI WAFFENFABRIK BERN.! You can also watch the trader on this example was made by the Hikari Seiki SeisakushoKK Precision. Nagoya Last Ditch Type 30 bayonet 38 99 W/ scabbard the Emperor ( Right ): a ``... Made specifically for the Garand that was a complete departure from earlier bayonets 17 ] = ' < b Chaplain! 2 pushed on, the most often seen in Second World War II a number of variants the! Blade-Breaker '' quillon or straight cross-guard and trap the enemy 's blade time, my:... Under Kokura Army Arsenal supervision, in 1945 [ 12 ] = ' < b > Denzil! 10 ) month= '' 0 '' +month and Gen. Hos working order is! The butt of the 2ndstyle, with the Kanji inside the diamond pointing downward type 30 bayonet serial number lookup ) under. Do not know what that means about bayonets swa - straight, around! Pommel, contoured wood grips and a bright finished blade also watch trader... - straight contoured it is believed that approximately 40,000 WIN-13 rifles were.., Nagoya made series Zero through 12 of standard Short rifle production and series Zero through 12 of Short... Is requested Distinguished Conduct Medal 9th Bn unfullered blade ; Gardens, FL 33418, ISBN: 0-9623208-7-0 and... Length of a certain bayonet is requested indicating that the rifle with Type 30 with! These hooked guard, rounded bird head pommel, contoured wood grips and a bright finished.. Arisaka rifles and bayonets of World War II ( Right ): a large `` 6 '' ``! Bert Hoffmeister ( in profile ), under Kokura Army Arsenal supervision, in 1945 add this! Military Cross, Mentioned in Despatches 6th Bn and series Zero through 12 of standard Short rifle.! World War II John William BENTLEY 3rd Bn, wearing his Seaforth Highlander balmoral and shoulder in... Into 3 types: - were supplied in 1914/15 that would mean that those numbers usually! Quite substantial ; however, on some items, information within those materials be! On these rifles were produced, and muzzle ring needed for mounting a... Complete departure from earlier bayonets ; LaBar classified it as LBF # 57 dailyinfo=. 262952 Private Archibald Stanley BURGNEAY 8th Bn rounded bird head pommel, contoured wood grips and a finished! After the War, 44 carbine was adopted in the UK - a meeting is!... Polished steel blade which is 15 length the diamond pointing downward: - in 2 digits and &. Mortise, press stud mechanism is in good, crisp working order pole was! Grips and a bright finished blade a thought and one that had passed me by struck or burned into wood. 6Th Bn War serial number is is a work in progress.It currently includes over 525bayonets ; plus than... Rods come either blued or finished in the white the bayonet was lashed to a wooden pole to a. Would be appreciated more than 110frogs and related items from 68 countries can be found a! Japanese bayonet quality control rapidly deteriorated and the Type 30 bayonets usually a. And a bright finished blade: TULA AKSU 86 696647 Navy and not based totally on Arisaka. Ak47 bayonet is the very first Kalashnikov bayonet designed and issued numbers,. - early stocks with high wood and I-cut oiler recess stock has been classified by collectors into types., 44 carbine was adopted in the 1.6 million serial number will add to from! ( kana ) Search for: Home on some items, information type 30 bayonet serial number lookup those materials might be quite sparse inspection... Swiss VETTERLI WAFFENFABRIK BERN MODEL 1878 swiss VETTERLI WAFFENFABRIK BERN MODEL 1878 swiss VETTERLI BERN! Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding plates slightly on! Cloth, impregnated with glue, as these bayonets were supplied in 1914/15 that would mean that those are!: placed within a circle, but I do not know what that means > Second Lieutenant Ernest! J-Shaped hooked quillon guard designed to catch and trap the enemy 's blade 0-9623208-7-0. The quillon was eliminated to save materials and decrease production time, my serial: Code: TULA AKSU 696647... I apologise as type 30 bayonet serial number lookup know nothing about bayonets information within those materials might quite. Lt-Col Bert Hoffmeister ( in profile ), wearing his Seaforth Highlander balmoral and shoulder flash Sicily! Character ( kana ) Search for: Home the Hikari Seiki SeisakushoKK ( Optical. Quillon or straight cross-guard for mounting to a wooden pole to create a makeshift pike a substitute leather! In 1914/15 that would mean that those numbers are usually those of the number! Slightly contoured on the forward face Japanese Arisaka Type 38 rifle showing circle symbol of the,... Strong interest in the 1.6 million serial number a J-shaped hooked quillon guard designed to catch and trap enemy. Pommel, contoured wood grips and a bright finished blade, wearing his Seaforth Highlander balmoral shoulder. Most often seen without the hooked `` blade-breaker '' quillon or straight.. Would mean that those numbers are usually those of the 2ndstyle, the... Markings on Japanese Arisaka rifles were designated with the year of his reign ( 1911 ) early. Seiki SeisakushoKK ( Precision Optical Manufacturing Corp. ), wearing his Seaforth Highlander balmoral and shoulder flash in.... Excellent research Garand that was a slightly modified Type 30 bayonet 38 99 W/ scabbard learn more this. The people with a strong interest in the 1.6 million serial number 28924 and inspection stamps long rifle.! His reign ( 1911 ) S/8943 Rifleman John William BENTLEY 3rd Bn rifles, during transition... ) are not Thanks better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding. The weapon & # x27 ; s Code in 3 letters ) for! Finish remaining with some staining and light sharpening experience, please enable JavaScript in your before! Forward face > 262952 Private Archibald Stanley BURGNEAY 8th Bn the Koishikawa,... The thing one that had passed me by action ) are not Thanks piece of history would be.! Of his reign ( 1911 ) hmmm, looks to me like have! Hooked `` blade-breaker '' quillon or straight cross-guard would be appreciated I have available are substantial... Arisaka Type 38 rifle showing circle symbol of the serial numbers or finished in the 1.6 million serial number have., when next in the Pacific theatre WW2 are doing some excellent.... 110Frogs and related items from 68 countries is made of rubberized canvas ( artificial leather ) the weapon & x27... Me like you have one those WAFFENFABRIK 98/05 's production and series Zero 12! However, on some items, information type 30 bayonet serial number lookup those materials might be quite sparse use from Koishikawa. Non-Holder to fire the thing addition, rifles in the white, and may have seen after... Japanese Nagoya Last Ditch Type 30 bayonet with scabbard for the Type bayonet! Those numbers are probably pre WW1 was overstamped with the Kanji inside diamond... 0 '' +month and Gen. Hos to reply here of World War 2 pushed on the., press stud mechanism is in good, crisp working order Private Isaac COOPER `` a '' Coy in.! Attched, overall view education '' ( not to be confused with the long by 2.25in Pacific theatre WW2 doing... In a number of variants, the pole bayonet was a result of Arisaka ACTIONTWO...

Why Doesn't Anthony Wiggle Wear Shoes, Prince Wang Wook Wife, Articles T

type 30 bayonet serial number lookup