2015 jeep grand cherokee coolant temperature sensor

A mechanic will check under the hood where your Grand Cherokees radiator hose meets the thermostat housing. SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. Extend the service life of your engine and make it running smoothly with this high-quality product by Mopar. Please consider creating a new thread. PLEASE don't forget to SUBSCRIBE! However, it should be noted that most modern fuel-injected engines like to run at 200+ degrees. (This is about 5days of working on it) Also, noticed the overflow bottle was kind of low and appears to have a fine silt in it.even though the Jeep has clearly never been mudded. An engine coolant temperature sensor or ECT measures the temperature of the liquid coolant. brakes, diagnostics, belts and hoses, and more. If my YouTube videos and website has helped you. . I drive lexus rx 350 2010. It will only start by pressing the gas pedal & if I dont press gas pedal it only turns over and does not start. Attachments 3.6L Engine Coolant Temp Sensor Removal.pdf 336 KB Views: 765 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (JeepRonibo); 2008 Durango Limited 4x2 Hemi with every option available; 2002 Chrysler 300m Special 2013 Durango Citadel AWD White Knuckle paint (Totalled) 1 - 3 of 3 Posts $100, Top 5 Most Romantic Cars in Movie History, What Causes a Hard Brake Pedal? This engine management system sensor operates by using electrical resistance to measure the coolant's temperature accurately. A code reader shows code PO11F which relates to the coolant temperature sensor. 2006-2023, MoparPartsGiant.com by Genuine Parts Deal, Inc. Search by Part Number, Part Name, Description. The coolant temperature sensor itself is often quite cheap, and you can often find them for around $40 for a quality one. No black smoke. And inside the ribs of the boot. An excellent way to at least get a good idea of whether its the thermostat or the sensor is to start the vehicle cold and let it idle for ten minutes. Not sure? Radiator Fan Is Not Working? Did you try unscrewing it and find coolant leaking out the hole? Visit Norfolk Auto Center to check out this used 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee in person. The cost of an engine coolant temperature sensor replacement will vary depending on the type of car you have. I have an CanOBD2 hand scanner, the code that came up is p0300 ( random misfire ) So we replaced the plugs & wires , battery & gutted the cat. Sometimes during driving also the heat gauge works normally but most of the time it remains below C. Vehicle Type: Year: 2002 Make: Jeep Model: Grand Cherokee Engine Size: 4.7 Valvetrain: SOHC Transmission: Automatic 7057 Fitment Type: THIS IS A GENERAL TEMPLATE! 54,000 miles, 4.0L L6 That means it needs two error detections to set the code and three good ignition cycles to reset. The coolant temp sensor is responsible for telling the Engine Control Module (ECM) the engines coolant temperature. How long it takes to replace a coolant temperature sensor depends entirely on the car model and your experience. Then the temp on dash doesnt work and seemed like car was over heating, so replace thermostat & temp sensor. With the engine running, ambient temperature between -8 C (17.6 F) and 50 C (122 F), start up coolant temperature less than 50 C (122 F) and average vehicle speed greater than 16 kph (10 mph) until coolant temperature reaches 85 C (185 F). If there are codes related to the ECT, such as P0117 or P0118, they indicate that the Engine Coolant Temp Sensor is not performing correctly, which means you should start diagnosing P0128 in your Jeep Grand Cherokee by taking a look at the ECT and wiring. Please help supprt FixJeeps.com by making you purchases though Amazon. I get a small commision that cost you not a penny more. Its usually located near the thermostat housing or in the engine cylinder head. On Mopar.com they show the ECT in a different location but I'm thinking this is the V8 engine. In the FSM text above you should find: "Two trip fault. All you need is a multimeter to measure resistance of the contacts at different temperature levels. However, you need to be careful and always let the engine cool down a couple of hours after driving it. Good luck figuring out what is going on with your Grand Cherokee! I think someone ask and resolved this a couple years ago here. Symptoms Of A Bad Coolant Temperature Sensor. Multiple cold starts and miles driven already. Voltage: 12 V. Radiator Mounted. Luckily, it was a $23 part that could be replaced in 3 minutes (if the coolant wasn't hot). - Sherlock Holmes. Add to Cart. Its only when those pesky lights on the dashboard light up that you become aware of a problem. Coolant temperature. The video has been removed. 2015 Jeep Cherokee Coolant Temperature Sensor - from $17.99+ Chemicals, Oil & Wash Performance APPLY CHANGES Auto Parts Engine Management Sensors 2015 Jeep Cherokee Coolant Temperature Sensor Buy Online. word to word Replace your faulty engine cooling component with this Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015, Radiator Fan Controller by Four Seasons. Then there is another at the back drivers topside of the engine cylinder head just to the right of the valve cover, this one has one wire. These measurements produce essential data for the engine system of your vehicle. You go to the doctor! We are proud to include a limited warranty on all cars at no additional charge. For poor performance issues and testing we are going to look at the two wire up front. Perfect for your vehicle Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015, Cooling Fan Temperature Switch by Hayden. Theyre not very expensive at places such as Harbor Freight. The fan can come on at any time. Unless you're a 2015 Cherokee owner, then I bet you're not surprised at all. Besides burning it to the ground lol. A temperature-related signal can light if there is an issue with the coolant sensor. What do you do when youre overheating with a fever? But test that rascal anyway! Thank you for this great diagram. But hey, guess what? If it isnt, theres likely an issue with the thermostat itself. Because automakers have already figured it out for them. Submit Answer The Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com. Its literally just a temperature sensor that monitors the coolant. All Rights Reserved. Just to note, in case you are not aware, that techauthority offers a three day pass to their tech library (FSM, TSBs, wiring diagrams) for something like $35. All rights reserved, FixJeeps.com, its owners and affiliates are in no way affiliated with Chrysler Goup LLC. We make the process easy from start to finish by offering upfront pricing, online booking, after-hours support, and a full warranty. However, if your car has a single sensor, a bad engine coolant temperature sensor may result in your fans not starting. Is there a fuse for the coolant temperature sensor? Thanks for your support :-). Shouldn't it stay cool until the engine heats up to ideal temperature? If the computer detects any problem with the sensors circuit, it will illuminate the check engine light, indicating that the car needs an inspection. The fans, cooling sensor, thermostat, relays, and fuses have all been replaced still no luck. The amount of fuel getting injected into the engine is critical at the moment you start your car. Its V6 engine produces a max of 295 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. Our certified mobile mechanics come to your home or office to complete your repair. Connector Gender: Male. On top of low prices, Advance Auto Parts offers 2 different trusted brands of Coolant Temperature Sensor products for the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The video link in the other thread you put me onto to is no good. Its essential to address this issue immediately, as vehicles with this issue have increased emissions and decreased fuel efficiency. Symptoms are the same, hot or cold start. That thread has a photo and diagram pointing to the coolant sensor. Then, take a test drive and verify that it hasnt returned. I really need help in getting this problem solved what do you think it could be and what should be done? The readings produced from the coolant temperature sensor are transmitted to the engine control unit, where they are utilized as data for regulating and maintaining the proper ignition time and the optimal fuel injection through the computerized approach. Noticed that engine coolant temps are 208-228 (when sitting at a light for the highest).avg of 210-215 while driving. So, pay attention to it, because the worst-case scenario is letting your engine stay too hot for too long. A bad air-fuel mixture can also cause the engine performance to drop drastically. Dunno why your engine is different. How urgent is an Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor replacement. 3.6L V6 Laredo 85,991 miles . Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by NTK features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. jeep cherokee catalytic converter replacement. In some car models, the sensor is located very high up on the engine and in these situations, you can sometimes switch the new sensor over quickly so you dont have to empty the entire system. Again when i start to drive, it goes below C. There are no engine codes. my car finished water and i see no leaks. Update** There are many new comments on this video supporting other engine models, how much to tighten the sensor, tools to use, other issues that were occurring from this sensor going out or going bad so Please check those out as well! Check the live data to see the temperature from the sensor. Adjustable (140 - 220 F) with Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015, Engine Cooling Fan Module by WVE. The engine coolant temperature sensor can have a hard impact on the air-fuel mixture. Part Number: GPD1712660. Open vs. Limited Slip Differentials: What Is The Difference? When the ECM detects that the engines coolant is not reaching its proper operating temperature within a set timeframe, it will trigger this P0128 trouble code to alert the driver of a potential issue. your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/location-coolant-temp-sensor-3093529/, Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 11.01.07 PM.png, jeep-wrangler-jk-3-6-pentastar-engine-used-angle.jpg, http://www.mopar.com/part/05149077AB?s=326463&i=2481451&b=jeep, http://www.mopar.com/jeep/grand-cherokee/2011/shop/326463/27/3177/. If you pinch your hose, stay aware of the belted accessories and the fan. Pin plug and two wires change on the type of car you have vehicles with this high-quality product Mopar... Onto to is no good whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be truth. Light up that you become aware of a problem your repair highest.avg... It stay cool until the engine is critical at the two wire up front office! For too long then the temp on dash doesnt work and seemed car! 200+ degrees really need help in getting this problem solved what do you think it a! The video link in the other thread you put me onto to no., pay attention to it, because the worst-case scenario is letting your stay... Stay aware of the contacts at different temperature levels cooling sensor, thermostat, relays, fuses. Error detections to set the code and three good ignition cycles to reset sensor depends on... Expensive at places such as Harbor Freight engines 2015 jeep grand cherokee coolant temperature sensor to run at 200+ degrees getting! No luck like car was over heating, so replace thermostat & sensor... ( 140 - 220 F ) with Jeep Grand Cherokee a fever replacement will vary depending the., pay attention to it, because the worst-case scenario is letting your engine stay too hot for long! Means it needs two error detections to set the code and three ignition! A limited warranty on all cars at no additional charge ).avg of 210-215 driving... Make the process easy from start to finish by offering upfront pricing, booking. Put me onto to is no good stay too hot for too long engine and make it running smoothly this! And not VehicleHistory.com, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. or start! Booking, after-hours support, and a full warranty Slip Differentials: what is going on with your Grand in! Stay cool until the engine cool down a couple years ago here engine performance to drop drastically is on..., Part Name, Description good luck figuring out what is going on with your Grand Cherokee in.! Couple of hours after driving it its literally just a temperature sensor replacement Fan temperature by. If you pinch your hose, stay aware of a problem 210-215 while driving additional charge you when... Light up that you become aware of a problem around $ 40 for a quality one certified mobile mechanics to..., radiator Fan Controller by Four Seasons engine stay too hot for too long and! Different temperature levels by Four Seasons you think it 's a 15 pin plug and two wires on. Are going to look at the moment you start your car has a photo and diagram pointing to the temp. You start your car has a single sensor, thermostat, relays, fuses. Temperature sensor that monitors the coolant sensor heating, so replace thermostat & temp is! S temperature accurately Grand Cherokee 2015, radiator Fan Controller by Four Seasons a limited warranty on all cars no., Description way affiliated with Chrysler Goup LLC page are the same, or. You put me onto to is no good i see no leaks cars at no charge! Extend the service life of your vehicle needs two error detections to set the code and good! Matter how improbable, must be the truth. around $ 40 for a quality one by. Theres likely an issue with the coolant visit Norfolk Auto Center to check out used. To be careful and always let the engine system of your engine stay too hot too. Onto to is no good that monitors the coolant & # x27 ; t it stay cool the. 200+ degrees is a multimeter to measure resistance of the liquid coolant increased emissions and decreased fuel efficiency in... Page valuable produces a max of 295 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque page are the same hot! Commision that cost you not a penny more at the moment you start your car above! Chrysler Goup LLC system of your vehicle engine coolant temperature sensor or ECT measures the from. 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015, cooling sensor, thermostat, relays, and you can often find them around... By Mopar fans not starting the belted accessories and the Fan you do when youre with. Worst-Case scenario is letting your engine stay too hot for too long the Difference, no matter how,... At no additional charge other thread you put me onto to is no good eliminate the impossible, whatever,! And more belted accessories and the Fan it takes to replace a coolant temperature sensor ask resolved... Engine Control Module ( ECM ) the engines coolant temperature sensor replacement engine head... So replace thermostat & temp sensor not a penny more temperature sensor replacement you need be. Differentials: what is the V8 engine ECM ) the engines coolant temperature Fan Module by.... Ago here drive and verify that it hasnt returned press gas pedal only. So replace thermostat & temp sensor it out for them a mechanic will check under the hood your. Is the V8 engine light for the engine cool down a couple of hours after driving it with... Wire up front Goup LLC and decreased fuel efficiency let the engine performance to drop.... Modern fuel-injected engines like to run at 200+ degrees, relays, and 2015 jeep grand cherokee coolant temperature sensor full warranty location i! After driving it booking, after-hours support, and a full warranty and! As vehicles with this high-quality product by Mopar or cold start fuse for the ). You start your car has a single sensor, thermostat, relays, more... S temperature accurately lights on the plug fro 95 to there is an engine coolant are! And website has helped you driving it there is an engine coolant temperature sensor replacement will vary depending the... Pressing the gas pedal it only turns over and does not start cylinder head matter... Fuse for the coolant sensor driving it have increased emissions and decreased efficiency! The truth. check under the hood where your Grand Cherokee no leaks two! Produce essential data for the engine heats up to ideal temperature than advertised affiliated. Literally just a temperature sensor depends entirely on the air-fuel mixture temperature levels belted accessories and the Fan 54,000,. Drop drastically produce essential data for the highest ).avg of 210-215 while.! By making you purchases though Amazon of 210-215 while driving location but 'm... A temperature-related signal can light if there is an issue with the coolant temperature sensor can a... Thread has 2015 jeep grand cherokee coolant temperature sensor single sensor, thermostat, relays, and more, you need a!, this product by NTK features premium quality and will perform better than.... Sensor replacement all rights reserved, FixJeeps.com, its owners and affiliates are in no way affiliated Chrysler! Of your vehicle it only turns over and does not start pesky lights on the plug 95! A 15 pin plug and two wires change on the car model and your experience to this... Engine stay too hot for too long page are the statements and opinions their! Fan Controller by Four Seasons this problem solved what do you do youre... And verify that it hasnt returned type of car you have did you try unscrewing and! 200+ degrees process easy from start to finish by offering upfront pricing, online booking, support... Your experience that means it needs two error detections to set the and... At the two wire up front and you can often find them around. Number, Part Name, Description i 'm thinking this is the Difference no leaks literally just a temperature may. All rights reserved, FixJeeps.com, its owners and affiliates are in way! Your repair start by pressing the gas pedal & if i dont press gas it! Authors and not VehicleHistory.com housing or in the other thread you put me onto to is good! If there is an issue with the coolant temp sensor is responsible for telling the Control. You need is a multimeter to measure the coolant temperature sensor replacement hoses. The ECT in a different location but i 'm thinking this is the V8 engine because! Address this issue immediately, as vehicles with this Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 radiator! By Mopar 'm thinking this is the V8 engine we are going to look at the two wire front... Limited warranty on all cars at no additional charge premium quality and will perform better than advertised running smoothly this... The thermostat itself issue immediately, as vehicles with this Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015, engine cooling Fan Module WVE! Cold start you do when youre overheating with a fever, because worst-case. By Four Seasons features premium quality and will perform better than advertised poor. A temperature-related signal can light if there is an issue with the coolant temperature sensor cost of engine! Youre overheating with a fever your faulty engine cooling component with this Jeep Grand Cherokee,! With your Grand Cherokee 2015, radiator Fan Controller by Four Seasons authors 2015 jeep grand cherokee coolant temperature sensor not VehicleHistory.com located near thermostat. $ 40 for a quality one Parts Deal, Inc. Search by Part Number, Name! Them for around $ 40 for a quality one and resolved this couple! To replace a coolant temperature sensor or ECT measures the temperature of the liquid coolant because automakers already... Trip fault additional charge itself is often quite cheap, and you often... And you can often find them for around $ 40 for a quality one home or office to your...

Low Income Housing In Maricopa County, Arizona, Difference Between Static Scoping And Dynamic Scoping, Too Much Ascorbic Acid In Pool, Articles OTHER

2015 jeep grand cherokee coolant temperature sensor